FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Experienced pro's from down south

bauhaus

What do you think of ICT going for some of the decent players being released from clubs down in Engerlandshire. Although they may be deemed not good enough for some teams, touching 30 or just over, would it be worth a punt on a couple of those experienced guys like Cadermarteri at Dundee Utd, Jody Morris at St J.

These players have probably played at a higher standard than the SPL, but will find it very hard to get another club the way things are going down south. Sometimes one or two of these guys can change the dynamics of the team, and add strength to he backbone of the side and depth.

Any sensible, within budget suggestions?

Perhaps we could look at gettign some loans in from down South - look at the success Motherwell had in getting Ruddy and Jutkiewitz in from Everton. Butcher and Malpas have both managed in England and we signed plenty players from there last summer.

With clubs cutting back and the economic situation continuing to impact on all but the very top reaches of the game it could be something of a buyers, or hirer's, market this summer. Having said that I'd be surprised if any substantial names arrive, the careers of both the players cited above hadn't hit the heights they promised early on and were entering something of a last chance saloon before St. J and United came calling.

I think Parker would be a decent shout if he fancies coming back north.

Think he used to have a little rep as a big time charlie before but surely years at the likes of Oldham and Blackpool will have brought him down a peg(if Im correct in the assumption)

Guest Mahonio

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ton/8684649.stm

"Southampton have confirmed that 13 players will be leaving St Mary's when their contracts expire this summer"

Maybe TB will have a look at a few of them

Out of the 13 that are being released i only know that Olly Lancashire is a goalscorer but not sure on the rest, maybe SotonCaleyFan can help us out by telling us about these guys :lol::lol:

In regard to KP, i would be delighted to see us sign him as he is a goalscorer also and had a good spell in Scotland with St Johnstone.

The salaries in England are eye-popping. Over a million pounds per player.How long can that last?

Not every club can be winners and the cost of going to a match there must be very high as well. Is it more than in the SPL? Very high priced and salaried players may be a thing of the past soon and a few good playrs out of work so.....

With the austerity smothering everyone everywhere and Greece degenerating into riots because their Government wants them to stop taking 3 months off work for holidays and pay more for taxes where can it all end? 45 BILLION in debt in Greece.The Mediterranean sun warming their lazy little bodies won't pay the bills and clubs without Arabs' purses to back them must be getting windy the noo.

A player who is getting on in years, but may still have some gas in the tank and could probably do a real job for ICT, may be interested in coming to lovely Inverness where adoring fans can make one a big c.ock

in a smaller donghull.

And Yngwie there is no need to revise my post since I am going round yer rules> :lol:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ton/8684649.stm

"Southampton have confirmed that 13 players will be leaving St Mary's when their contracts expire this summer"

Maybe TB will have a look at a few of them

Out of the 13 that are being released i only know that Olly Lancashire is a goalscorer but not sure on the rest, maybe SotonCaleyFan can help us out by telling us about these guys :lol::lol:

In regard to KP, i would be delighted to see us sign him as he is a goalscorer also and had a good spell in Scotland with St Johnstone.

Gladly :lol:

Olly Lancashire is a centre back, and a bit of a liabilty. Did ok on loan at Grimsby this season and scored a couple of goals, but my heart has been in my mouth every time he's been on the ball in the heart of the Saints defence.

Chris Perry is a CB, but at 37 his legs have just about gone. Rumours that he'll stay at Southampton in a coaching role.

Graeme Murty was brought in on a one year deal last summer and has been injured for about 3/4 of that time. Will probably retire in the summer.

Wayne Thomas is yet another CB and a very good one. Strong, reliable, and built like a tank. Some say when he does a push up, he isn't pushing himself up, he's pushing the Earth down. And that he once ate an entire bottle of sleeping pills. They made him blink.

Jon Otsemobor is a RB. Known as Semi, partly because 'Sem' is part of his name, but also because he doesn't really do much.

Lloyd James can play at either RB or CM. He's a great prospect and a serious Saints fan so I was surprised he was released.

Simon Gillett is a CM and the jury's out to be honest. He spent most of this season on loan to Doncaster and I personally don't rate him.

Michael Poke is a young goalkeeper who spent the last year and a half on loan at Torquay. Always looked good when I've seen him play for Saints and Torquay. Think he was voted Torquay's player of the year this season.

Jake Thomson can play anywhere across the midfield. Another youngster who didn't really play enough and went on loan to Torquay as well.

Kayne McLaggon is a striker and I and many other Saints fans I know were very disappointed that he was released. Great prospect and an England under-19 player. Captained the under-18s. Spent last season on loan to non-league Eastbourne Borough.

Jamie White is a....er.....I have no idea. Not even sure who he is to be honest.

Tom Dunford. I honestly haven't the foggiest. I didn't even know he existed until this list was published by the club.

Jack Boyle is, I think, a midfielder. Came from the Channel Islands and signed for Saints 2 years ago after impressing in a friendly between Saints and a Channel Island XI. Never saw enough of him to pass comment, but didn't particularly do anything wrong.

Edited by SotonCaleyFan

So your saying Lloyd James and Kayne McLaggon then ???

Haha! And Wayne Thomas, he could well be Rossco's long lost brother. Legend has it that he once kicked a horse on the chin. The descendants of that horse are known to this day as giraffes.

And Wayne Thomas, he could well be Rossco's long lost brother. Legend has it that he once kicked a horse on the chin. The descendants of that horse are known to this day as giraffes.

Brilliant!

giraffe1.gif

Haha! And Wayne Thomas, he could well be Rossco's long lost brother. Legend has it that he once kicked a horse on the chin. The descendants of that horse are known to this day as giraffes.

:rolleyes::rotflmao::rotflmao:

What about Charlie Austin or Billy Paynter of Swindon :lol::lol: ?

No chance of getting either of those two. Well beyond our budget and if they don't end up in the Championship with Swindon they will with another team.