FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

REASONS TO BEAT CELTIC AT CALEDONIAN STADIUM

CELTIC1CALEY3

If Lennon's appointment is about bringing back the thunder at Celtic Park, we should pull out all the stops at the Caledonian Stadium.

Remember this?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t..._ct/3588898.stm

Juanjo wins red card appeal

Juanjo was involved in an incident with Celtic's Neil Lennon.

Inverness Caledonian Thistle winger Juanjo has won his appeal against the red card he received against Celtic last weekend.

Juanjo had been accused of a head butt against Celtic's Neil Lennon, who was previously cleared of any wrongdoing.

But the Scottish FA video review panel decided that the Spaniard was wrongly dismissed by referee Dougie McDonald.

Juanjo is now free of suspension and will be available to face Dundee United at Tannadice on Saturday.

He had been shown the red card after fourth official Alan Freeland drew the incident to McDonald's attention.

No action against Lennon

Caley Thistle manager John Robertson had been bemused as to why Juanjo was sent off while Lennon escaped punishment after the pair clashed.

"The fourth official has seen something, but the referee has only sent our guy off," he said.

"Neil Lennon raised his hand and Juanjo's done something back.

"The fourth official says he saw a movement of Juanjo's head towards Lennon, but that is clearly not what happened in this incident."

Was Juanjo really that great a player? Personally I don't think he was, fairly talented but nothing special. Given the choice between the Juanjo of 6 years ago or the Jonny Hayes of last season it would be Hayes every time for me.

As for reasons to beat Celtic, the patronising programme notes from the Feb 8th '00 game wishing us a good visit to Glasgow, apart from a 'painful and humilliating' 90 minutes should be pinned to the dressing room wall before every game against the Plastic Paddies!

Is that not just another reason why our refs are ***** rather than us needing to beat Celtic?

how about becasue of there stupid habit of beating us in the 90+ odd minute however many times they have done it

I predict a disasterous season in store for Celtic under Lennon. I'd be very surprised if we don't take a good number of points from the games we play against them - both pre and post split.

:lol: Bar one blip against County I think Lennon did very well for Celtic last season .

how about becasue of there stupid habit of beating us in the 90+ odd minute however many times they have done it

That cup quarter final at TCS still hurts a bit, but I'm struggling to remember any other time they've robbed us late on.

I can mind them beating us 2-1 in the league when Hesselink scored a last minute. Graham Bayne scored a beaut of a header for us and IIRC Riordan scored after Hastings sliced one onto his own bar.

Edited by BA

Think the league will be the most open one for years next year. Rangers may be champions but without the goal machine they will likely struggle in some games. Celtic have just lost half a team in their loanees all going back, and Lennon will be shopping at bargain basement clubs compaired to last year. Utd and possibly mutherwell should be a bit stronger, Hughes is messing up hibs same as falkirk- nice to watch but toothless in attack generally. Hearts will be further up the points talley, and well the others will be ICT, Accies and St Js well ahead of the strugglers - Aberdeen, St Mirren and Killie, and I can see the other Lennon improving the Paisley outfit.

most other clubs hate Lennon for being a Catholic Ulsterman which shows exactly what is wrong in the scottish game. Personally I hate him because he was a dirty cheat, who specifically cheated against US to get Juanjo sent off.

I can't see Lennon doing very well this season.

Rangers appear to be close to a takeover, and they will probably be spending, and Lennon is a ***.

I hope we let Celtic (and indeed every other teams) fans feeling bad after leaving :023:

If Lennon's appointment is about bringing back the thunder at Celtic Park, we should pull out all the stops at the Caledonian Stadium.

Remember this?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t..._ct/3588898.stm

Juanjo wins red card appeal

Juanjo was involved in an incident with Celtic's Neil Lennon.

Inverness Caledonian Thistle winger Juanjo has won his appeal against the red card he received against Celtic last weekend.

Juanjo had been accused of a head butt against Celtic's Neil Lennon, who was previously cleared of any wrongdoing.

But the Scottish FA video review panel decided that the Spaniard was wrongly dismissed by referee Dougie McDonald.

Juanjo is now free of suspension and will be available to face Dundee United at Tannadice on Saturday.

He had been shown the red card after fourth official Alan Freeland drew the incident to McDonald's attention.

No action against Lennon

Caley Thistle manager John Robertson had been bemused as to why Juanjo was sent off while Lennon escaped punishment after the pair clashed.

"The fourth official has seen something, but the referee has only sent our guy off," he said.

"Neil Lennon raised his hand and Juanjo's done something back.

"The fourth official says he saw a movement of Juanjo's head towards Lennon, but that is clearly not what happened in this incident."

I remember that day well. we all thought the fourth official was drawing lennon's behaviour to the referee. I have hated the cheating Lennon ever since. Can't wait to see the reception he gets up here. Did somebody not lose their job at the airport for shouting abuse at him about the Juanjo incident?

Guest Mahonio

My personal "reasons to beat Celtic" are to annoy my family who are all Celtic other than my 2 bros (Rangers and Dundee United) and me who you all know is ICT and also to wind most of the Golf Members who are Celtic as well.

I actually BELIEVE that with a good few signings we can win against ANY SPL TEAM when we are on form :rolleyes: :D .

Nothing like being confident but over-confident is another matter.

Think ICT should come out being thoughtful and cautious and pretend not to be the world beaters that they are.

Then when they win by handsome margins in every game they can look diffident, surprised, apologetic and humble.

Works every time...... :rolleyes:

Think the league will be the most open one for years next year. Rangers may be champions but without the goal machine they will likely struggle in some games. Celtic have just lost half a team in their loanees all going back, and Lennon will be shopping at bargain basement clubs compaired to last year. Utd and possibly mutherwell should be a bit stronger, Hughes is messing up hibs same as falkirk- nice to watch but toothless in attack generally. Hearts will be further up the points talley, and well the others will be ICT, Accies and St Js well ahead of the strugglers - Aberdeen, St Mirren and Killie, and I can see the other Lennon improving the Paisley outfit.

most other clubs hate Lennon for being a Catholic Ulsterman which shows exactly what is wrong in the scottish game. Personally I hate him because he was a dirty cheat, who specifically cheated against US to get Juanjo sent off.

Celtic will spend more this year than they have in the past 2 years.

I don't think the team will to badly, but i remember, on our day we can beat most teams. But over the course of the season? Nah. 8th and it would be like winning the league. I think 9th or 10th.