Knee Jerkers

tm4tj

I never realised that we had so many knee jerkers on our website.

FFS we have just been thrashed in a small time cup which we had no hope of winning and all hell lets loose. What the hell is wrong with you lot. The ones to feel sorry for are those that made the journey to watch this. Then again, surely a blind man could see what sort of line up was coming, no?

Playing against a multi-million pound team full of international players, with freebies and cast offs is asking for trouble. So what? We lost, well got thrashed, laugh it off. We have had so many good times, we were bound to hit the wall. Yes we won the first division at a canter, eventually, but this is a whole new bag of worms. We will do well to stay in the SPL this season, but having a go at everything because we lost to Celtic is, well, it's a joke.

This is the team who beat us 0-1 in the meaningful encounter, not such a bad thrashing then was it?

If you have been jerking your knee, then please reply below.

• Agree 4

To be honest, I cared so little about this game I pretty much forgot it was even on. I'd be much more upset if we lost to St. Mirren by one goal than losing to Celtic by six in the CIS Cup.

Yes it was a bad result but in the grand scheme of things it will mean nothing in a matter of weeks whereas the St. Mirren game is of much more importance to ICT. The only bad thing about last nights result is whether or not the guys confidence has been knocked.

I was... but last year was for me the big eye opener for me!! WE ARE AWSOME, Sir Terry is tm4tj(II) and to be honest, i enjoyed the first div so worst case we have a 1 div winning side and managment team... it could be worse... we got beat by the second best team in Scotland, we are 13th best team so meh.

It's interesting to note how much life that 6-0 defeat has breathed into these forums.

All kinds of people have come crawling out the woodwork during the last 24 hours, many of whom I thought had disappeared altogether into a sea of apathy.

Up until last night's result, it seemed like the quality of the pies at TCS and how long you have to wait for one was the only major talking point on here.

I don't have a problem with us being relegated, last season was the best ever in my opinion, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I doubt that the ICT accountant would share my views though.

Aye Johnboy, it certainly woke a few slumbering posters, and highlights the inadequacies of others.

Edited by tm4tj
I lost a w somewhere.

Totally agree with tm4tj. We have no right to simply storm the SPL and we certainly can't assume that we'll stay up. We have to fight for it and fortunately i feel that we have the players who are ready for a real battle. ICT have always been established upon players who aren't massively or individually talented but they play for each other, theres always a great team spirit, they never know when to give up and most of all always give 100%. Maybe some of out fans could do with developing these attributes? Let's laugh off last night, we were simply outclassed by players who cost millions of pounds and leave it behind. Saturdays now the players focus so let's forgot last night and move on and get behind the team for Saturday. However much i enjoyed last season, I really want us to stay up as the SPL is where it's at if we're to progress as a club!

I never realised that we had so many knee jerkers on our website.

I don't think we do, but forums can allow a tiny but vocal minority to create the impression of a wave of discontent.

The other thing to bear in mind is that the forum membership, like society, has its fair share of idiots as well as people with specific problems: learning difficulties, autism, depression, breakdowns etc, and if you follow certain people's posts you can see the signs.

It wouldn't be appropriate to name names but I think that point is relevant to some of the reaction to last night's result.

• Agree 1

Totally agree with tm4tj. We have no right to simply storm the SPL and we certainly can't assume that we'll stay up. We have to fight for it and fortunately i feel that we have the players who are ready for a real battle. ICT have always been established upon players who aren't massively or individually talented but they play for each other, theres always a great team spirit, they never know when to give up and most of all always give 100%. Maybe some of out fans could do with developing these attributes? Let's laugh off last night, we were simply outclassed by players who cost millions of pounds and leave it behind. Saturdays now the players focus so let's forgot last night and move on and get behind the team for Saturday. However much i enjoyed last season, I really want us to stay up as the SPL is where it's at if we're to progress as a club!

Obviously we need to work for it but these stats show that the gulf between the top of the first and the bottom of the SPL is very slim. The team that gets promoted normally has a pretty decent start to the SPL. We shouldn't be scared of these teams and i think we ARE better than Kilmarnock, St Mirren, St Johnstone and Hamilton.

2010 - St Johnstone 8th

2009 - Hamilton 9th

2008 - Gretna 12th

2007 - St Mirren 11th

2006 - Falkirk 10th

2005 - Inverness 8th

I can happily say that my knee did not jerk in the slightest yesterday. Not happy about the result but if we win on Saturday because some of our normal starters sat out last night's game I will be delighted.

A lot of people seem to live in a black and white world where there are no shades of grey ..... we win and we are world beaters and Terry is god, we lose and its the end of that world and Terry is a dog.

I blame Football Manager games :tongueincheek:

I can happily say that my knee did not jerk in the slightest yesterday. Not happy about the result but if we win on Saturday because some of our normal starters sat out last night's game I will be delighted.

A lot of people seem to live in a black and white world where there are no shades of grey ..... we win and we are world beaters and Terry is god, we lose and its the end of that world and Terry is a dog.

I blame Football Manager games :tongueincheek:

I used to think Football Manager was unrealistic when the OF would beat me 5-6 nil.

Are you questioning the mental health of some of us on here Yngwie?

Heaven forbid?! :hiding::frustrated01::drinking01:

From a professional perspective - he would have quite a feckin point.

As fer the Cellic game it was in the mix when we lost the early goal - I would actually have jerked more if it had been a league game and/or we hadnt got a depleted side out

Out of the cup, less games, less injuries and more possible league points. 1-0 6-0 10-0 dont care. We were never going to win it anyway so who cares. Focus on 11th place.

I reckon thats a bad attitude from ICT though. Ross County beat Celtic last season, we have beaten Celtic before and we will do again. If i thought we were NEVER going to win i wouldn't have went, I wouldn't have went either if i knew most of the players wouldn't make an effort.

• Agree 2

Manfer

I will never admit to you that I have trembles under my desk. You would insist on asking why!

For me it is NOT about the result. If Caley Thistle had put out the strongest team they had, at the final whistle I would have said "All right, they did their best but were soundly beaten by a better team on the day. No regrets, no criticisms.Just another bad day at the office.

But this was a brutal thrashing because the fantasy scenario I just described never happened--and we will never know what might have happened otherwise.

It's about pride. It is not about winning a league game. And Terry just showed us that money for the club (by being higher than last place at the end of the season and staying up) is more important than pride in the club and it's reputation.

And all this stuff about the cup being of no value--that is just hypocrisy.

If ICT had beaten Celtic and gone on to a glorious final would the people on here, who are simply in self denial, be singing the same tune.

Or, to put it more bluntly, if that is possible, Terry chickened out and acted cynically. I like Terry for many reasons but this I do not like .

Lastly, by his action he also is saying that he probably does not have faith in the assembly of players that he already has and fears the worst, despite the fact that there are scads of games still to play. I sense his nervousness.

Well, if that is so, then let's all give up now before our hearts are broken again by INEVITABLE relegation.

And next time we play Celtic or Rangers let's all shout from the rooftops as the opposition comes out of the tunnel just before kick-off..."After you Claude, allow us to kiss your feet so that you don't give us a real doing today".

PRIDE! :thumbdown:

Manfer

I will never admit to you that I have trembles under my desk. You would insist on asking why!

For me it is NOT about the result. If Caley Thistle had put out the strongest team they had, at the final whistle I would have said "All right, they did their best but were soundly beaten by a better team on the day. No regrets, no criticisms.Just another bad day at the office.

But this was a brutal thrashing because the fantasy scenario I just described never happened--and we will never know what might have happened otherwise.

It's about pride. It is not about winning a league game. And Terry just showed us that money for the club (by being higher than last place at the end of the season and staying up) is more important than pride in the club and it's reputation.

And all this stuff about the cup being of no value--that is just hypocrisy.

If ICT had beaten Celtic and gone on to a glorious final would the people on here, who are simply in self denial, be singing the same tune.

Or, to put it more bluntly, if that is possible, Terry chickened out and acted cynically. I like Terry for many reasons but this I do not like .

Lastly, by his action he also is saying that he probably does not have faith in the assembly of players that he already has and fears the worst, despite the fact that there are scads of games still to play. I sense his nervousness.

Well, if that is so, then let's all give up now before our hearts are broken again by INEVITABLE relegation.

And next time we play Celtic or Rangers let's all shout from the rooftops as the opposition comes out of the tunnel just before kick-off..."After you Claude, allow us to kiss your feet so that you don't give us a real doing today".

PRIDE! :thumbdown:

Excellent post, well done.

Some folk need to look at the bigger picture.

ICT have bigger fish to fry, hence a side weakened not only by injuries, but also by selection.

The CIS Cup is so important, you can't even qualify for Europe from it anymore and unless you get to the final you get pennies for your troubles. In fact, yesterday for the quarter final draw, only four of the eight clubs sent representatives along which speaks volumes to me. It is maybe unfair on the Co-op, who have put in around £1m over the year, but the competition unfortunately means diddley squat.

Scarlet, I fear you need to catch up with reality before it's too late buddy, as you seem to be living a fairy tale. Of course we would have rejoiced had we beaten Celtic, is that not what happens.

I'm outa here.

See this Linkypoo from the Scotsman.

Edited by tm4tj
I wanted to.

C'mon Mannie--the CIS cup involves professional people, players and so forth.Not playboys.

No doubt you would categorise Mr Butcher's decision to play a depleted team as a "professional decision" in the same way as a deliberate take-down, often brutal, in the box, is described by those who know about these things as a "professional foul".Which is another way of saying a cynical, cheating act designed solely to gain an unfair advantage by robbing an opposing player of a fair chance to score; and who cares if he gets injured or not.

For me, an old fashioned, aging, footie- watcher since before you were even born I do not like "professional" anything in footie if it means that kind of thing becauseit is rather prevalent nowadays isn't it? It kind of goes along with much of the over -permissivness we see all arond us these days--like the gang rape in my next door village of Pitt Meadows here in Maple Ridge, Canada of a 16-year old girl which has also been splashed all over the Internet to such an extent that you would have to be on hoiday on the moon NOT to have seen or heard about it.

Just because you disgagree with my sentiments about pride and such, and seem to think that being in the top league is the greatest thing since sliced bread, there is no requirement upon you to be patronising .

Also, does that mean that you don't have too many scruples or very little real pride in the team--for you is it all just about glory?

And is the achievement of filling the club's pockets with money the most important thing of all? Frankly, it does not seem to have brought unabounding happiness to this club since they first entered the "big league" .

Many fans even say that last season for them was one of the best ever....so, how about you? Did you revel in the Niculae fiasco, the Brewster fiasco and the relegation shattering end to the season before last.

I was not aware that either Niculae or Brewster was a bad person and despised as human beings.The reason for the agony that surrounded these two persons was because of their presence at the team which happened to be in the SPL. Had it been elsewhere their impact may very well not have been noticed to nearly the same extent and not cast a long shadow either.

Once you start allowing this "professional" crap to enter into the equation then you are allowing precepts of true value to start slipping and that is as dangerous a precedent as sending boys to do a man's job in a situation where they end up getting thrashed to bits.

For some of them who were not quite ready for that burning fire perhaps they didn't learn a great deal from it except how to hurt like hell in the sole interests of allowing a n ambitious Manager to pursue his "professional " dictates.

:redcard:

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

At least it provoked a sensible post from you.

I must have been on holiday on the moon then.

Proffesional decision, of course it was a professional decision. The depleted team was only partly due to squad changes to 'rest' some players. The rest of the changes were down to injuries. I look at it this way. If he had gone hell for leather to stay in this competition and lost or knackered two or three of our top players, with spl points up for grabs three days later against one of our main rivals, and a more achievable goal, is it not prudent to take the foot off the gas a little. Of course there is the gulf in class that money can buy. A team assembled from fat cheques should really cuff a team of bits and pieces. We were not only thrashed by the fact that our team was weakened by both injury and tactics, but by a far superior team quality wise, and that is hard to say.

As far as glory hunting is concerned, I would still be following my boyhood team of Hearts if that were the case.........not much glory there either, I'll stick to my season ticket thanks at my local club.

Unfortunately filling the clubs pockets with money is practically everything. No money, no club. We tend to run on a shoestring, hence the Niculae fiasco being restrictive within our budgets.

If you had read my post elsewhere, can't be bothered looking, you would not have needed to ask the question. Last year was the most enjoyable I can remember, not for the bank balance of the club though, and another season or two in the first would probably have seen us slip into mediocrity.

The players on the park on wednesday are all big boys. If beaten by quality, then it's no disgrace. Celtic and Rangers should be doing this to teams most weeks. And as far as Butcher preserving himself, do you think Ferguson gets the same accusations at Man U. They are all at it. The competition lends itself to this type of situations. Had it been the scottish cup then I am sure our full team of fit players would have been on duty, however, staying up is the most important factor.

Relegation.........we had a tremendous wake in the Innes when we got relegated, the place was awash with singing and chanting.

Enjoy the patronising, you seem to excel at it yourself.