FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ROI Squad

CaleyStag

With the news that Kevin Doyle is out of the Republic of Ireland's game against Slovakia on tuesday, does anyone think Adam Rooney deserves a call up? Trapattoni has said that he won't call up a replacement, but for future qualifiers, and providing Rooney continues his impressive SPL form, he should definitely be given a chance.

And are any of our Irish players even in Trapattoni's thoughts? He must know about Rooney scoring 26 goals last season and he's one of the top scorers in the SPL so far this season, so he is in the public eye somewhat. Hayes has received rave reviews for his performances this season. And now that Foran is back from injury he can hopefully make an impression on the league and get himself in contention for a call up.

Different FA big yin, IIRC he wasn?t that bothered about getting black balled anyway J I read it somewhere but cant remember for, I believe it was in the under 21?s so it was a long time ago now, Maybe the RIFA have the integrity to stick to its rulings J

IIRC [Foran] wasn?t that bothered about getting black balled anyway I read it somewhere but cant remember for, I believe it was in the under 21?s so it was a long time ago now, Maybe the RIFA have the integrity to stick to its rulings

Yeah, I think he was 20 when that happened. He broke the curfew (big-time) and was told he'd never be picked for his country again. Seems extremely harsh, given how young he was...