FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Fraser To Peterhead

RiG

I would like to keep Michael Fraser, but how can we hang on to him when he never gets a game.  He is another player who is out of contract at the end of this season.  I wouldn't imagine he would be in a hurry to extend his contract with us, unless it was on vastly improved terms or that he could be guarenteed a few games for the 1st team.  He is an excellent keeper, but it isn't fair of us to expect him to sit it out on the bench week in week out.

Michael is still under contract so can't go anywhere till January. I would hope we have secured Brown's future before we eeven think of letting Mike go anywhere, loan or otherwise. I can understand his frustrations but we have to retain a good stand-in keeper.

As for Caff, I'm sure he knows he'll get his place back when Dods leaves.

Ultimately Fraser fate is going to be decided by what Brown does.

If Mark signs a new contract I can see Micheal leaving which would be a real shame but perfectly understandable.

I have a sneaking suspicion that Brown will leave us though. Quite a few SPL clubs need a decent keeper - Falkirk, Hibs & Dundee Utd to name but 3. I would imagine they would all be able to offer a higher wage than we can  :006:

Article in today's P & J says Pele's first job is to get a goalie on loan.  Their first choice keeper was the asst manager who left the club at the beginning of the week.  I would like to see Michael Fraser get some more 1st team experience, but we need to have quality back up too.  I hope that the board offer him a greatly enhanced contract to persuade him to bide his time with us.  A loan move could work out okay for everyone.

It's a difficult one for all involved.... personally I think Fraser has the potential to be a better keeper than Brown because of his handling and kicking but he has never been properley tested & until Brown is out of the team for a period of time he wont get his chance.  Loan deal is probably the best option

Rumour appears to be dead. I should have said it was only a loan deal at the start.

Peterhead have got some guy in from Aberdeen on loan to cover for the now departed Mathers. Might still look at Fraser in the future but it seems, for now, he is going nowhere.

Guest Jock Watt

Peterhead have got some guy in from Aberdeen on loan to cover for the now departed Mathers. Might still look at Fraser in the future but it seems, for now, he is going nowhere.

GOOD !