Killie looking for new boss

Andrew Fraser

It appears Kilmarnock are now looking for a new manager, the lure of international management for Mixu Paatelainen was too much.

Hope Mixu does well, as he has brought a breath of fresh air to the SPL. Kilmarnock have played some fantastic football at times this year, and they have had a complete turn around from last season. Going to be tough whoever gets that job!!

It'll be interesting to see what they do, as Mixu is a pretty hard act to follow there. Given that they are top 6 and have nothing to play for for the rest of the season, they might wait until the summer before making a permanent appointment.

Anyway, in an unrelated move, Markus Paatelainen is said to be confident of an international call up. :tongueincheek:

I looked up Markus out of curiosity, and he recently left Honka to join Mariehamn where he plays alongside his other brother Mikko (who I think had been at Aberdeen with him too). They are a small team in the Finnish top flight, and play on a Swedish speaking island in the Baltic. :cold:

Mixu did a good job and certainly changed the playing style, brough in a few good players with quality too. Killie have somewhat punched above their weight this season with him at the helm, must be a big loss as I'm sure they would have liked to consolidate on Top 6 and build the team stronger again next season - now they will probably go back to fighting relegation. Not sure if there are a big number of quality candidates about, so as said they may just wait til teh summer, but wouldl expect names such as John Hughes & Gus MacPherson to get mentioned lol.

Finland's next game isnt until June so some speculation that he may stick around until the end of season....

According to BBC he has started immediately.

He will be sorely missed by Killie, turned their fortunes around in less than a year and helped them produce the best football i've seen this year.

He's done a good job everywhere he has been.

Got Cowden promoted (think they won the league), done well with Hibs (2 top 6 finishes, yet the fans didn't like him - surprise, surprise!), a third place finish with a Finnish team and a great job with Killie.

Seems like a nice chap too.

Best of luck to him and to Killie (they're gonna need it!)