FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT -V- Hibernian : Matchnight Thread

Scotty

Yes Liam now youngest. Was Hastings

Sorry - posted that from mobile, meant to expand on it when I got home but forgot ......

Liam Polworth?s 1 ? minutes as a sub in the Hibs game make him the youngest player to appear for ICT ? 16 years 211 days. This beats the previous record of 17 years 94 days set by Richard Hastings 20/8/94.

Better still - can anyone tell me when was the last time Caley Thistle won three at home in the SPL?

Has that ever happened?

In 06/07 we won consecutive home games against Rangers, St. Mirren and Hibs.

Thanks Stan. So that's 06/07 - Rangers, St. Mirren, Hibs under Charlie and 10/11 - Celtic, St Mirren, Hibs under Terry Butcher. The only difference is the OF club involved - and the corresponding "previous history" of the manager!

Edited by Charles Bannerman

Who was the guy up front for Hibs, no 16 or 18 I think . He was an absolute disgrace had no intention of trying to play footbal only trying to wind Rosscoe up. Amazed at Rosscoe's restraint. Has there been issues between the pair before.

Unbelievable that the linesman never saw anything.

That'll be number 18, Akpo Sodje (definitely not 16 - Lewis [stevenson] has far too much class.)

Sodje was in our line-up the last time both sides met at Easter Road. Can't recall if there was anything in that game that might have sparked something between the two, but that's the only previous time they'd have come up against one another.

Poor game but 2-0 win means it was at least worthwhile. Nick Ross was long overdue a goal but it was a cracking finish. Hibs looked like a depleted and burnt out team. They are in need of a real shake up.

That's a fair understatement there! You're absolutely correct though, and while we do desperately need that shake up, I still have serious doubts as to whether we have the correct manager in place to implement it as required. I thank heavens for that purple patch over February/March, as otherwise, I'm in no doubt we'd currently be bound for the first division. It has been a truly horrific season.

You were very deserved winners, yet again, last night. Mr Butcher is surely in with a very good shout for another 'manager of the month' award now.

Actually felt quite sad at the end of the game. Its the end of an era for the long term servants, and by the looks of it theres no real chance of a reprise for Granty. It'll be the first time i've ever seen a Caley squad that didn't contain Duncan, Munro or McBain.

On the plus side the performances of Sutherland and Ross tonight did show that the future is bright for us in terms of emerging talent.

Roll on next season.

In a season where my team have left me seriously questioning why I put myself through it every week, your team have been a welcome breath of fresh air to watch (last year likewise) whenever I've made the trip up (not just for Hibs games either!), on the two occasions at Easter Road, and in the televised games I've seen. With any luck I'll manage to take in a couple of your pre-season games when we have nothing going on.

I also can't for the life of me understand why Grant Munro is being released. Even if there are financial motives for doing so. He's looked the typical committed, solid yet unspectacular model pro of the ilk that so often prove vital assets to their teams every time I've watched him (has he had a testimonial in his time?) Surely even a one-year extension wouldn't have done any harm? You've got a few talented players on your books at the minute, but what has always come across extremely well to me is their attitudes and worth ethic as a unit. Our pathetic, workshy lot could really do with taking heed of that example.

I hope you manage to finish off your season on a high at Hamilton on Saturday and good luck in advance for 2011-2012.

All the best as ever.

• Agree 5
  • Disagree 1

I hope you manage to finish off your season on a high at Hamilton on Saturday and good luck in advance for 2011-2012.

All the best as ever.

Well there's a thoroughly decent fellow who gives Scottish football a good name!

And I have to say there were a good few more Hibees of the same ilk on the bus which decanted itself into the Social Club (and overwhelmed the catering staff!!) before the match.

It really is such a refreshing thing, especially at the end of the kind of season Scottish football has just had, to see fans from visiting teams mixing in with the home supporters in such a civilised way.

• Agree 2

All the best as ever.

Well there's a thoroughly decent fellow who gives Scottish football a good name!

And I have to say there were a good few more Hibees of the same ilk on the bus which decanted itself into the Social Club (and overwhelmed the catering staff!!) before the match.

It really is such a refreshing thing, especially at the end of the kind of season Scottish football has just had, to see fans from visiting teams mixing in with the home supporters in such a civilised way.

Its what its all about Charles

Its what its all about Charles

Indeed Alex, but it's also a virtue not by any means universally practised within Scottish football!

I would have to say that I have had one or two other very good experiences in the Social Club when fans of visiting clubs drop in for a beer etc. I really enjoy the opportunity to find out how things are on the other side of the fence. There were some really decent Jambos in last month - one of whom remembered a blether we'd had on their previous visit in September.

I think that visiting fans in the Social Club is a great idea, especially since the ones you wouldn't want probably wouldn't come so there's almost an automatic safety net built in there.

Apart from filling Westie's coffers, it also promotes good relations between the supports which, as Alex said, is what it's all about.

Edited by Charles Bannerman

Who was officially credited with our first goal? Having seen the highlights it looks like Rooney to me, Foran's (excellent) header looked like it was just trundling along the line, hadn't crossed it and wasn't going to. Hard to tell though.

Who was officially credited with our first goal? Having seen the highlights it looks like Rooney to me, Foran's (excellent) header looked like it was just trundling along the line, hadn't crossed it and wasn't going to. Hard to tell though.

Yep, definitely looked like Adam actually put it over the line.

still officially credited to Foran as far as I am aware.

Looking at the highlights frame-by-frame when processing them, it is very difficult to tell. If they are saying it was over the line when it hit the post then fair enough, it may well have been, its just hard to see on video and in that case it's Foran's. However, if they saying it crossed the line after hitting the post then it should go to Rooney as he is the one to hit it over the line.

Will add a few screengrabs of the relevant frames here soon.

The highlights will be up on ICTFC.com in the next 15-20 minutes for anyone who has not been able to view them so far.

EDIT: added screengrabs from video

post-2-0-37142800-1305301611_thumb.png

hits post. Inside or outside ?

post-2-0-22480600-1305301618_thumb.png

bounces outside of the goal line

post-2-0-38613000-1305301624_thumb.png

Rooney knocks it in

What is not in doubt though is that it was a great "Bobbyesque" ball from Tokely to Foran in the build up though !!!

Yep, definitely looked like Adam actually put it over the line.

It was certainly credited initially to Rooney but then most opinion seemed to switch to Foran. The pictures seem to be inconclusive.

The post match banter was rather good and I had to have a laugh at the interview Jim Spence did with Adam which was only used for quotes for online copy and never appeared online or on air as an interview apart from the clip I couldn't resist using for local broadcast.

Here was Rooney waxing lyrical about the club's youngsters like Nick Ross and Liam Polworth with this loud interjection in the background proclaiming "It wuz ovurr de loine... Richie Foran says it wuz ovurr de loine!!!"

Much funnier when heard for real!

• Agree 1