FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Rooney

SMEE

• 4 weeks later...

so birmingham are playing away to braga, play a 4-2-3-1 formation, zigic up front on his own, rooney sitting on the bench

they get a penalty 10 minutes in, and zigic misses when will adam get his fecking chance??

He did get a few chances earlier in the season when Birmingham's other strikers were not available for one reason or another. He obviously didn't impress enough to secure his place.

It is interesting to guess, that with the complete lack of penalties ICT have had, just how many goals would he have scored for us so far this season. No more than Tade would be my view.

• Agree 1

A few of my mates down south are big blues fans, and I get the gossip from them often.

I asked the question of Rooney and it seem's he's actually been rather unfortunate.

They inform me that although Adam was doing well in pre season and at the start of the campaign, he's lost out to zigic and wood. king is also doing well, all at the same time that adam picked up a knock in training (apparently).

A loan out looks possible in January,

• 2 weeks later...

Can't see any point for him. If he starts scoring, then he's only matched what he's previously done. No advantage there. If he struggles, whatever the reason, then he's viewed as having gone backwards.

He's only been there three months and played plenty of Euro matches. If I was him, I'd see out the year. See how many games over the course of the season he is playing and what the chances will be for next year.

Currently, he's played more and scored more at Brum than Billy McKay has with us. I wouldn't say McKay should go out on loan. Sometimes you have to bide your time and take your chances.

He didn't feature last night at Palace either. Not even on the bench. Speaking to a Bluenose, he's not injured and despite scoring, he had a poor game in the final Euro match. I recall Adam being a bit out of sorts at ICT when Foran wasn't playing. Maybe Foran should go to Blues!! :tongueincheek:

• 2 weeks later...