FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team for Celtic

Guest Mahonio

Esson

Piermayr, Tokely, Golobart, G.Shinnie

Proctor

Ross, Davis, Tansey, Foran

Tade.

Bench: Tuffey, Gillet, Chippendale, Morrison, Sutherland and McKay.

I have decided that Roman should get a chance to redeem himself, supposedly he was at fault for one of our lost goals this afternoon. Also, i think we need a player to play in front of back 4 and i couldn't think of anyone else other than Procs so he goes there.

I wrote out my team yesterday and it was very similar to Mahonios. Everton had a lot of success with 4-1-4-1 when they lacked strikers and wingers. There'll be a lot of dissent as it will look pretty poor. But with hard work, we can get some results if we can pick off chances whilst frustrating the opposition.

Esson

Piermayr - Tokely - Gillet - G.Shinnie

Proctor

Ross - Morrison - Tansey - Foran

Sutherland

Proctor looks to me a natural def mid. I'd be really interested in seeing what he can do there. Tade doesn't have the strike rate, so Sutherland gets his chance with McKay his substitute. A.Shinnie might be a bit unlucky in being dropped but it's simply perm 2 from 3. If one doesn't perform, he's on. Gillet was one of our better players and can apparently play in central defence, so gets his chance.

I do think this team, with Hogg, Cox, Tudur-Jones, Hayes and Doran back is capable of surviving and prospering. However, if we don't, it's Armageddon for SFL1. Virtually every player will be gone, with little chance of replacing them with quality.

And now, for something completely different...

ESSON

PIERMAYR TOKELY G.SHINNIE

CHIPPENDALE TANSEY FORAN DAVIS

ROSS

TADE SUTHERLAND

SUBS: Tuffey, Golobart, Morrison, Gillet, McKay, Proctor, A.Shinnie

Personally, I dont think there is any point going into any game to play for 'damage limitation'. We should be looking to play to our strengths and simply go for it. Ross sitting behind Tade and Sutherland to start. He has a good touch, can hold the ball up well and feed the strikers through. Foran should be in the center with Tansey as both can control the midfield, leaving Chippendale and Davis to run the wings. Tade for the physical presence and Sutherland with the enthusiasm would work well in partnership I think.

Our defence has been poor, and I would rather see 3 individual good performances from 3, than 1 bad individual performance in 4.

Esson

Piermayr, Tokely, Golobart, Gillet

Ross, Tansey, Davis, G. Shinnie

Tade, Foran

Subs: Tuffey, Proctor, Morrison, A. Shinnie, Chippendale, McKay, Sutherland

Having watched Graeme Shinnie yesterday his ability to get forward yesterday was amazing, and it seemed like the only way United could stop him at times was to chop him down and giving that we lacked any real width yesterday id say pushing him forward wouldnt be a bad idea.

And now, for something completely different...

ESSON

PIERMAYR TOKELY G.SHINNIE

CHIPPENDALE TANSEY FORAN DAVIS

ROSS

TADE SUTHERLAND

SUBS: Tuffey, Golobart, Morrison, Gillet, McKay, Proctor, A.Shinnie

Personally, I dont think there is any point going into any game to play for 'damage limitation'. We should be looking to play to our strengths and simply go for it. Ross sitting behind Tade and Sutherland to start. He has a good touch, can hold the ball up well and feed the strikers through. Foran should be in the center with Tansey as both can control the midfield, leaving Chippendale and Davis to run the wings. Tade for the physical presence and Sutherland with the enthusiasm would work well in partnership I think.

Our defence has been poor, and I would rather see 3 individual good performances from 3, than 1 bad individual performance in 4.

I'd be inclined to go with a 3 - 5 - 2. I wouldn't play Tokely in a back 3 though. He doesn't have the pace to push up to play the offside trap.

------------Esson

Piermayr Tokes Golobart G Shinnie

-------Davis----Morrison

Ross---Sutherland--Foran

---------Tade

or perhaps A Shinnie in Sutherland's role if you want to win more free kicks as he will go down if theres contact.Chipper for Foran, Sutherland out on right, McKay for Ross to play behind Tade.

What we really need is a bunsen burner,some beakers, vodka and cheese.

Edited by 12th Man

May as well experiment in this game - even put our reserves out same as league cup last year - its too early to panic about our league position & doubt if goal difference will be the cause of a teams relegation.(if there is relegation?)

I take it you've forgotten that ICT went down by a single goal when they were relegated? furtive.gif

• Agree 2

Just a thought BUT if we played that well for the first 20 minutes at Tannadump - why not go with the same starting X1.

I am very fearful that we may see the "preferred" TB X1 on Saturday:

ESSON

PIERMAYR TOKELY PROCTOR SHINNIE

ROSS A.SHINNIE TANSEY DAVIS

FORAN TADE

Still do not know what Sutherland has to do to merit a start - Still do not know why Morrison was jettisoned - still do not know why Foran is played deeper to match his strengths and add to his leadership capacity - and if Chippendale is the speed merchant and wide player why isnt he used in that role a la Doran and Hayes ??

May as well experiment in this game - even put our reserves out same as league cup last year - its too early to panic about our league position & doubt if goal difference will be the cause of a teams relegation.(if there is relegation?)

I take it you've forgotten that ICT went down by a single goal when they were relegated? furtive.gif

Banished from my memory banks it was

Celtic will be so fired up after their old firm defeat. Hope that County are the ones to take the tanking midweek. Think if it was a draw or tic win at Ibrox county would have been facing a second string. Can see Hooper, Stokes and Bangura getting a couple each, and hopefully they wont be so fired up come the weekend. Worst case scenario - county still in the cup.

We know Celtic Park will not be easy, but why not make it hard for them. Solid back four, two defensive mids, three attacking mids, one striker prepared for an almighty kicking, and of course plan b and c in the back pocket

Who ever gets the attacking role will need to hold the ball up, get wide and direct. Tics defense will not be confident, El Kadouri looks ropey, Mulgrew banned, Rogne and Loovens not very good, and Majstorovic a liability. Wilson is the only reliable

Foran an injury 'concern' for Butcher:

Meanwhile, Butcher has a further injury worry, this time regarding Richie Foran, but remains confident the striker will recover in time to feature at Parkhead. Caley Thistle's club captain lasted just 10 minutes into the second half at Tannadice on Saturday before a combination of problems with his shoulder and foot meant he had to be replaced by Shane Sutherland.

"We will see how he gets on this week, but Richie being the type of player he is, he's desperate to play and I'm hopeful he will be available for Saturday," said Butcher.

"I wouldn't say Richie was doubtful for the Celtic game. However, he is a concern."

Limited options for ICT boss

Hope that Foran makes it as we need his tenacity and effort up front however if he does not make it then i would not be too dissappointed in playing either Sutherland or McKay up front as it adds another option to our attack.

While Sutherland can run at defences he has the power and shot to trouble celtics ropey defence. McKay offers something in different yet again in that he appears to be a box player in the mould of Dargo.

Injury concerns mean that we cant change too much at the bak however id like to see the following line up:

ESSSON

PIERMAYR---TOKELY---GOLOBART---GILLET

---MORRISON---DAVIS---

ROSS------TANSEY------G.SHINNIE

TADE or FORAN

Esson

Piermayr, Tokely, Golobart, Gillet

Ross, Tansey, Davis, G. Shinnie

Tade, Foran

Subs: Tuffey, Proctor, Morrison, A. Shinnie, Chippendale, McKay, Sutherland

Having watched Graeme Shinnie yesterday his ability to get forward yesterday was amazing, and it seemed like the only way United could stop him at times was to chop him down and giving that we lacked any real width yesterday id say pushing him forward wouldnt be a bad idea.

I would probably go for this aswell.. Not a bad idea putting Graeme forward as he is good at attacking defences..