FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT squad 2012-13

Really hope that Hogg comes back as strong a player as he was. It was a horrendous injury and for anyone to recover fully from it shows a huge amount of mental and physical strength. Encouraged by the news that his recovery is coming along well and certainly hope that he is fit and ready to come back to the team soon

• Agree 1

Echoing both Luke and Libero's thoughts. Hope Hogg comes back fully fit from his injury. And if it is true we are signing Warren it sounds like they could be a pretty solid pairing if they are given time to gel.

Reference the suggestions of looking at Highland Leage players I would agree and have suggested this before. In addition to attending ICT matches I also go to some HL matches and I think there are some young players who could be given a chance. For the info of Alex MacLeod Shane certainly did play for Wick Academy and spent practically a whole season playing in the 1st team as a 16 year old.

I believe that Frenchman Kenny Gillet is feeling homesick and wants to look at a club closer to home. He is currently in talks with St Johnstone.

I also understand that Irishman Jonny Hayes was also feeling homesick and wanted to move to a club closer to his home.

Apparently Ross Tokely said he wanted to go somewhere that reminded him more of Huntly.

• Agree 2

I don't think you can put financial trouble as the reason as to why attendances are dropping. It seems to be a bit of a trend with Butcher actually. Sydney's attendances plummeted while he was there with his kick and rush approach being the main reason why.

Attendances will always drop when your team repeatedly finish games with 10 men, score ridiculous own goals and give away stupid penalties - the story of last season. These are all about the basics of discipline in defence. I'd rather we lost a goal fair and square than see our guys hack down an attacker inside (or outside) the box to prevent a goal. If we can sort that out for this coming season then we will gather a lot more points - and fans - than we did last season.

• Agree 1

I think there's a bit of an elephant in the room here that everyone is missing. In my mind, the dropping of attendances has little to do with the world's financial problems, ICT's lack of U19s, ICT slashed budget or any other reason. The reason is what the fans are seeing on the pitch. If the club continually goes down the path (and have a manager who seems desperate to do so) of signing players with no connection or interest in the club or the area, sign players that play for themselves and not the club and have a manager who seems quite content on taking a "don't get beat " attitude, even at home while playing a kick and rush style of football, with any direction that is in it, directed towards a man of 5"7. These tactics are an insult to Billy McKay and even more so, to the supporters.

You paint up all the reasons you want to try and cover-up the issue, but none as far as I can see, are the whole reasons why. I believe, and always have believed, that if you put a product on the park that entertains and excites the fans, play players who the fans feel connected to and play players that give their all for the club and play for the shirt - the fans won't turn away.

• Agree 5

• 2 weeks later...

So with Jones and Hogg agreeing to new contracts that only leaves Hayes and Gillet still to clarified whether staying or leaving.

So far 4 re-signed 4 gone and 2 no word - now the re-signing of a certain J.Hayes later to day would be a good end to the week.... :wink:

1. Ryan Esson (announced signed 2-year contract - 17-May-12) - STAY

2. Thomas Piermayr (rejected new contract - 01-Jun-12) - GONE

3. Ross Tokely (joined Ross County 1-year contract - 06-Jun-12) - GONE

4, Owain Tudur Jones (agreed to sign new contract) - STAY

5. Chris Hogg (agreed to sign new contract) - STAY

6. Jonny Hayes

7. Greg Tansey (joined Stevenage 3-year contract - 25-May-12) - GONE

8. Gregory Tade (joined St.Johnstone 2-year contract - 30-May-12) - GONE

9. Billy McKay (announced signed 2-year contract - 01-Jun-12) - STAY

10. Kenny Gillet

Kenny Gillet not likely to stay his missus is preggy and wants to move nearer if not to France, so only way he will be staying is if his hunt for a club down south is fruitless.

We are also needing to replace Golobart, Williams Tokeley and Proctor, and there is no guarantee that Hogg will be fit and ready for the new season as he is only just starting to so very light training and muscle building.

Hope these signing targets turn up next week or we are going to be a wafer thin squad.

• Agree 1

With Hayes now away and Gillet by the look of things as good as gone and with the news that Laing is now a first team player (albeit probably a back-up one for now), that still leaves rather large areas of the squad that need filled. As things stand ICT have/need the following -

Goalkeeper

Ryan Esson

Ed Baldy or Scott Mathieson probably used as third choice

Gone -

Johnny Tuffey

Needed -

New Back-Up Keeper

Defence

Josh Meekings

Gary Warren

Chris Hogg

Graeme Shinnie

Gone -

Ross Tokely

Kenny Gillet

Thomas Piermayr

David Proctor

Steve Williams (end of loan)

Roman Golobart (end of loan)

Tom Aldred (end of loan)

Needed -

One new Right Back

One new left back

Two/Three new Centre Backs

Midfield

Nick Ross

Andrew Shinnie

Martin Laing

Aaron Doran

Richie Foran

Owain Tudur Jones

Gavin Morrison

Liam Polworth (U19)

Gone -

Jonny Hayes

Greg Tansey

Lee Cox

David Davis (end of loan)

Claude Gnapka

Aiden Chippendale (end of loan)

Needed -

One new winger (preferably a left footer/tearaway type)

One attacking midfield

Strikers

Shane Sutherland

Billy McKay

Gone -

Gregory Tade

Sam Winnall (end of loan)

Needed -

Two strikers (one preferably who is a pacey finisher in the mould of say Craig Dargo and one bigger target man)

So there are currently 15 players in the ICT first-team squad. Another eight to ten are needed I reckon.

Edited by Renegade

Goalkeepers

1. Ryan Esson

2. Antonio Reguero

3. Ed Baldy/Scott Mathieson

Gone -

Johnny Tuffey

Defence

4. Josh Meekings

5. Gary Warren

6. Chris Hogg

7. Graeme Shinnie

8. David Raven

Gone -

Ross Tokely

Kenny Gillet

Thomas Piermayr

David Proctor

Tom Aldred (end of loan)

Midfield

9. Nick Ross

10. Andrew Shinnie

11. Martin Laing

12. Aaron Doran

13. Owain-Tudur Jones

15. Gavin Morrison

16. Ritchie Foran

Gone -

Jonny Hayes

Greg Tansey

Lee Cox

Claude Gnapka

Strikers

17. Shane Sutherland

18. Billy McKay

19. Jason Oswell

Gone -

Gregory Tade

So by my reckoning we have a squad of 19. Still light on the defence and midfield IMO. Would imagine that Terry would want to start the season with a squad of about 22-24 so hopefully there is still another 3-5 players to come in.

Top of my shopping list would be:

A left back to replace Kenny Gillet,

A centre half to replace Williams/Golobart,

An attacking midfielder to replace Tansey,

A winger/wide midfielder to replace Hayes,

A utility defender/midfielder to replace Proctor

Highly possible some of these may be loans but it still looks like a fair bit of work to be done by my reckoning

Edited by Libero

Goalkeepers

1. Ryan Esson

2. Antonio Reguero

3. Ed Baldy/Scott Mathieson

Gone -

Johnny Tuffey

Defence

4. Josh Meekings

5. Gary Warren

6. Chris Hogg

7. Graeme Shinnie

8. David Raven

Gone -

Ross Tokely

Kenny Gillet

Thomas Piermayr

David Proctor

Tom Aldred (end of loan)

Midfield

9. Nick Ross

10. Andrew Shinnie

11. Martin Laing

12. Aaron Doran

13. Owain-Tudur Jones

15. Gavin Morrison

16. Ritchie Foran

Gone -

Jonny Hayes

Greg Tansey

Lee Cox

Claude Gnapka

Strikers

17. Shane Sutherland

18. Billy McKay

19. Jason Oswell

Gone -

Gregory Tade

So by my reckoning we have a squad of 19. Still light on the defence and midfield IMO. Would imagine that Terry would want to start the season with a squad of about 22-24 so hopefully there is still another 3-5 players to come in.

Top of my shopping list would be:

A left back to replace Kenny Gillet,

A centre half to replace Williams/Golobart,

An attacking midfielder to replace Tansey,

A winger/wide midfielder to replace Hayes,

A utility defender/midfielder to replace Proctor

Highly possible some of these may be loans but it still looks like a fair bit of work to be done by my reckoning

Doesn't look like there are a lot of goals in the striking department either, need another striker as well I think