FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Mackie+ 40k = Dargo

Harry Chibber

Speaking to an Aberdeen season ticket holder today and apparently there are rumours floating about that Mackie is set for a swap move to ICT with Dargo going on the opposite direction.

Now I don't usually believe transfer rumours that quote the actual value of the move but he seems to think it is a certainty and after Dargo's recent outburst in the papers it could certainly be a possibility

hope this is rubbish but mind you wee would get a few more years out of Mackie!!

Guest eriboll

Personally I think this would be a good deal as Dargo is far too good for us and Mackie would be all out to prove the two Jimmy's wrong.

Hope Mr Dargo reads this before Dunfermline at the weekend and he'll be all out to make me eat my words - which I gladly will after 3 points.

I think this would be a terrible idea.  Dargo is by far our best striker, and unless he wants to leave then I think we should keep ahold of him no matter what.

Why would we want Darren Mackie...cannot ever remember him doing anything worthwhile for Aberdeen or any other club he was at.

Keep Dargo, and send Bayne packing to be honest.

Dargo wasn't doing much before he came to us and similar comments were being made about him not being good enough for ICT...how the tables have turned.

I don't buy into the "they've not done anything at any other club so they ain't good enough" line of thinking when it comes to looking at players.  Sometimes a Manager, Director of Football, Scout or whoever will see something they like and think they can develop, and in our case we've been pretty good on that front over the seasons....thats why I'm always reluctant to comment on players we are 'connected' to when the transfer windows come around.

If there is anything in this rumour then perhaps it's because CC thinks Mackie would fit better into our setup than Dargo does.

Why would we want Darren Mackie...cannot ever remember him doing anything worthwhile for Aberdeen or any other club he was at.

What other clubs? He's been at Aberdeen since 1998 apart from when he played 6 games for us in div 1 on loan!

Of course he did score twice to beat us at Pittodrie as well....

Don't think he's as good as Dargo but he has a great workrate. Not a great strike rate though, stats say 26 goals in 175.

A Dons pal of mine pointed out that whilst Mackie has been p1sh for most of his time at Pittodrie, he always hits form when the club are deciding whether to offer him a contract extension. He did it a couple of seasons ago and became their top scorer with about 15, and has done well again recently.

And yet playing better than most of our strikers at the minute.

He always does this. In fact I think this is the 3rd season he has hit form at the right time to get a new deal.

We could sign him and put him on 12 month contracts  :004:

mackies stats are as follows...

league and cup games/goals ratio

156/50

Dargo..

211/79

on that basis dargos statistically a  better striker but  i think when you take into account the players current form and age (mackies 4 years younger), then a move for mackie would probably be an excellent step for us.  hes defintley matured since he was last with us.

if i was bennet id be all over the deal, get them to take wyness back aswell if they want

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Cotter

Why not have wyness & mackie upfront, drop black , leave rankin in. Give rankin more time on the ball as he was top scorer for the tinks.