FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The Rules Should Be Bent To Suit Rangers

Kingsmills

Rangers are an enormous institution selflessly subsidising not just Scottish football but much of the wider economy.

For that reason, I have come to the conclusion that the normal rules should not always apply to them. I know that they were not in the original draw but I seriously believe it is time to stop persecuting them amd to cut them some slack by allowing them to compete in the Ramsden's Cup.

• Agree 4

but without out them the SPL will die, Scottish Football will die, the whole of Scotland will die WE WILL LITERALLY ALL DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!

As they keep on telling us! Ad Nauseam! All over the place! Have they convinced anyone yet.......bar Doncaster, Regan and Longmuir?

Anyway...what rules? The ones which only last until they become inconvenient and are then re-interpreted to suit? No need to bend them.......we are talking about Rangers here.....the club which, like the banks, are deemed to big and important to fail..by themselves and their supporters mostly, but also by too many Scottish Football Clubs who appear to rely on them for their existence..or think they do. The rules are expendable.......just as they were with the banks. All it illustrates is that money talks louder than anything else....louder than fairness and decency, financial acumen and probity, sporting integrity........just basic honesty.

Now, maybe it's just me...but if any business relies one single source of income to make the difference between profit/breaking even/manageable debt....and bankruptcy/liquidation or whatever.......then it is a business which is not offering a product that enough people want to buy in the numbers required....or is pricing that product out of the reach of the general population....and is a business which wants to get a grip on the reality that if it cannot structure its product to exist without a "sugar daddy" then it has no viable product.

If we kowtow to Rangers illusions of their superiority in Scottish football now, and make concessions to them....will that not set a precedent for the likes of Hearts, Hibs, Kilmarnock, or Motherwell or, heaven forbid, ICT, etc spending silly money and doing exactly the same? Funnily enough, I don't think it will...any more than I thought Ardrieonians under the guise of Airdrie United were entitled to buck the rules and get an immediate return to the SFL......and that is the main problem, imo...the SFA, SPL and SFL have nothing to do with the good of football in Scotland.....but everything to do with pecuniary self-interest. They may disguise it as concern about the clubs.....but if the SFA had ever been at all concerned about Scottish football, they would never have agreed to the SPL, the vehicle for OF hegemony in the first place....they'd just have said to the OF......"if anybody else, anywhere else, wants you.....bugger off and leave us to do our own thing. "

Well past time Scottish football decided to join the real world of the 21st century..and stopped actively encouraging sectarianism by giving the two most sectarian clubs in Scotland an importance in the game which embarrasses every other team in it because the telly likes to film Rangers/Celtic matches, because they are not allowed to film dog or ****-fights.

Edited by Oddquine
  • Agree 2

thats it thats the answer - bring ****- fights to Ibrox ! I`m sure the supporters would attend in their 000`s.

How much admission charge be to see a really big **** is anyones guess.

:amazed:

Rangers are an enormous institution selflessly subsidising not just Scottish football but much of the wider economy.

For that reason, I have come to the conclusion that the normal rules should not always apply to them. I know that they were not in the original draw but I seriously believe it is time to stop persecuting them amd to cut them some slack by allowing them to compete in the Ramsden's Cup.

Aye right lol! Ok the ramsdens cup and only the ramsdens cup.

• Agree 1

I understood your satire Kingsmills

Thing is you know him/her......some of us don't....and I for one have been caught out on here in the past because I read what was written and wasn't able to read the mind of the person posting to realise it was sarcasm........hence my initial response to Kingsmills' post.

Can send you an obvious sarcasm smilie to include in your smilie list if you like..it might help those of us who are not mind readers. The one you have labelled sarcasm is frankly crap..not that anyone ever uses it anyway.

Edited by Oddquine

thats it thats the answer - bring ****- fights to Ibrox ! I`m sure the supporters would attend in their 000`s.

How much admission charge be to see a really big **** is anyones guess.

:amazed:

Probably would if the ****-fighting was undertaken by birds coloured Celtic Green or Union Blue...and the charge would depend on the irrationality of the sectarian punters.....which I'd estimate at silly money a ticket at least. :ponder:

Edited by Oddquine

Whoosh!

Just think how many of my pontifications you'd all have been spared if I could have read a lot of posts on here the way they were meant to be read in the minds of the poster.......and not had to rely on what they actually typed and just respond to what was actually said as opposed to what was meant! :ponder:

Which part of the OP would indicate that, out of interest? Always happy to be instructed in the way the minds of Invernessians work. :ponder:

The opening sentence smacks, somewhat, of irony!

Only if you understand the way the other person's mind works. I actually thought it read little different to the kind of posts I read on "The Bears' Den". :shrug:

It's clearly funny sarcasm. The op starts off by trying to completely defend rangers in such a way it could only be portrayed by a blue nose. He then finishes saying they shouldn't be banned from the ramsdens cup. This is an insult to rangers as all rangers fans think they are too big for this cup. To suggest they shouldn't be banned and can play in what is a small meaningless cup to them is funny. The ramsdens cup is the league challenge cup btw. Teams competing from div 3 to div 1.

• Agree 1