FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

David Proctor - Edmonton FC

Yngwie

After completing a trial David Proctor has signed for FC Edmonton. I wish him all the best on his Canadian adventure.

Never saw that one coming !!! just wait till he experiences Winter !!!! not quite 'Winterpeg' but damn cold there in a few months time

Didn't expect Proc' to be moving out there SO fair play and all the best.. not sure what the quality of football in the NASL though.

Its a bit below MLS but from having seen them play Toronto FC in the Canadian Championships I would have to say Edmonton are a decent enough team who have ambitions to improve .. rapidly if possible. They were only formed in 2010.

Just a few weeeks ago I was telling someone about Barry Robson being the only ex-ICT player in MLS ... now we could end up with Robson at Vancouver, Proctor in Edmonton, and Fetai at Montreal !

Lets just say that the video is far apter than you would initially understand sweetie :wink:

Proctor is a 100%er in respect of committment. At ICT many of us felt that he was played out of position as a central defender and his confidence was shot at as he made some crucial errors at the back. If he wasnt being played as a centre back he was played as a full back.To be honest he still made mistakes at full back. He probably didnt make any more than some others but his mistakes always appeared to be capitalised on by the opposition. Then his mistakes were noticed more quickly by the fans. He does try to play football and he is surprisingly good in the air. IMHO his best position would be as a defensive "holding" midfield player although I could see him as a wide right midfielder as well.

So he may not fit the "solid defender" bill but he appears to be stepping down a grade.

David Proctor remarks that MLS is more of a possession- soccer type of game compared tp the SPL. He say the pace is slower and passes are more sideways than forward, as in the SPL. Almost exactly what I said in a post recently in the Barry Robson thread I think.

Barry will fit in well here in Canada since his somewhat slower pace (he's over 30 now) will mean he can use his experience to good effect. I am looking forward to tonght's game on TV against Real Salt Lake, weather is great out here --finally-- in the West and the pitches look good too. Hoping to see Willie Miller and trust he is up to speed now and will make a difference in the goingp-forward department. :fingers:

Good luck to D.Proctor. He was often maligned but was an honest player who IMHO always did his best and did a real turn for ICT.

He will probably earn a nice paycheck and will like it over here .Hope he does well.

• 2 weeks later...

Graham Bayne left and so there was no more "Bayne's Banter" in the programme. Now they'll be no more "Proc's Patter"! What will we do this season? Esson's Essays? Raven's Ramblings? Shinnie's Shames?

Och! Absolutely Scotty, I'll get onto Scarlet about that. He is so immersed in Scottish fitba the noo that I'll go easy on him though. He's taking his time mastering this North American version ---37 years is nit quite long enough for the wee man to forget his roots. Aye.

Whay a guy---plump and red

But sometimes something of a ned

Maybe he's tired and needs his sleep

I'll just pop up and put him to bed.

Later on I'll slip in and take a peep

And hope to hairoil that he's asleep

When he nods off he doth relax, including his body

And then it's like the bubble hath burst and he's like a flat balloon

Man oh man, this heat is giving me a thirst for a wee toddy

So I'll lightly leave and hit the toon.

Cheers the noo to all and to you

Oh mighty me, Scarlet's up and in the loo.

Time to go 'cos he's on the po. :blush: