FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Two Rules

Guest neksor

One for Rangers and Celtic and one for the remainder of the SPL.

Sectarian singing is banned but not when Rangers is in town. 

What the stewards and police do about singing the Sash?      Nothing that I could  see!

A club announcement that the stadium is all seating had no effect on a large segment of the Rangers supporters. Did the police and Stewards take action?  Not a chance; they are just too feart!  I have seen ICT supporters being warned for daring to stand up on occasion!

Will ICT take any action of a complaint is made?

neksor

One for Rangers and Celtic and one for the remainder of the SPL.

Sectarian singing is banned but not when Rangers is in town.

What the stewards and police do about singing the Sash? Nothing that I could see!

A club announcement that the stadium is all seating had no effect on a large segment of the Rangers supporters. Did the police and Stewards take action? Not a chance; they are just too feart! I have seen ICT supporters being warned for daring to stand up on occasion!

Will ICT take any action of a complaint is made?

neksor

nothing gets done or will be done,for 1 simple reason the police/stewards are scared to say anything or be "heavy handed" with any old firm fans,due to fear of a riot,thats why they get away with what they want,this was noticeable after a celtic game when many celtic fans entered without tickets,the police knew there was to many fans in the away end but left it like that where they could be policed,instead of throwing them out and having masses of ticketless celtic fans outside,no doubt bevied up looknig to get in or fight

I think they have to act if a complaint is made.  What usually happens is that we moan and groan on forums like this, but don't often make official complaints.  I know this is the case during the match.  If you had mentioned it to a steward, pointing out that you were offended by their songs (which are banned), then the steward has to take action.  If nobody says anything they are quite within their rights to choose to ignore it if they wish.

did you see the huns in the main stand wing nearest the away stand singing and jumping about with there fellow minks in the away stand. i complained to a steward in the north stand and he told me that it was not his problem. then i went and asked a police officer if they were going to do anything about it and he replied "is there anything wrong with that"  :017: . and after further argument with him he told me to go away and get a pie.wot a bloody joke  :008:

I know it's an ongoing issue and a difficult one to police.  I also know that it is something that the Chief Exec is trying to manage better, and I think it is a bit better every game.  They will never stamp it out completely, but they should deal with complaints received.

ICT fans complained about one or two Rangers fans in the home stands and nothing was done by the jobsworth stewards.

The entire section B of the Away stand was standing throughout the game and nothing was done.

Write to the Chief Exec and it should be raised at the next safety meeting.

I know it's an ongoing issue and a difficult one to police.  I also know that it is something that the Chief Exec is trying to manage better, and I think it is a bit better every game.  They will never stamp it out completely, but they should deal with complaints received.

maybe if the club stopped dishing out tickets in large numbers to known rangers and celtic fans who are friends of the club or to directors or companies who pass them on to these people then it might get better

I was sitting in Section F of the main stand and to my left there was a massive section of Rangers fan singing and dancing when they went one up.  There were many of us sitting screaming at the stewards to get them out, however they just ignored us.  At half time, one guy in front of em went to the only visible Police Women to ask why nothing was being done, her response was;

"[The Police] cannot do anything because they have not committed an offense.  I personally do not know the difference between Rangers colours and ICT colours and we cannot evict them from the ground unless a steward asks us to."

Seems that they don't care, and that is how fights break out.  The thing that got me was when we scored the winner, that whole section pretty much stayed seated.

Another thing I noticed was that in my area, there was not 1 actual steward infront of me and I could not see any at all in the main stand.  It's a ******* joke, and I intend to write to the club to complain.

Oh, and large sections of the Away end were heard very clearly singing the Billy Boys.

They don't care because they are scared.

Stewards and Police have been briefed about Away fans in the Home ends of the ground - they know the score. They are committing an offence by sitting in the wrong section of the ground. I believe it says this on the back of tickets and the club also put up signs around the ground to stop fans going in the wrong sections.

The police and stewards would rather pick on the Home fans than do anything about the knuckle draggers who are actually committing an offence.

it happens every old firm game,hundreds of old firm scum in wrong ends,nothing has been or ever will be done about it,due to lack of balls by police/stewards so no complaining is going to change it we might as well accept it and just enjoy humping them and keeping them in there seats

Guest Murchie1

No point moaning about the sectarian singing and not do anything about it!  I couldn't make the game so had to listen on the internet and you could hear the 'Sash' loud and clear.  I hate these songs, no place in football for them - but because I wasn't actually in attendance, feel that it is a bit off to make a formal complaint.  I think that is up to fans that were there on the night.  I did email the SPL, however, and was informed that if anyone has concerns about the behaviour of fans at an SPL fixture, then concerns should be addressed to the SPL in the first instance.

So - what about it?  There's an easy email facility on the SPL website.

The SFA and SPL regularly make noises to give the impression that they care about this.

The sad fact is - they don't.

I think it would be best to cut them out and go directly to FIFA or UEFA -

(That is, if you want your name in the papers and a brick through your window most nights of the week.)

i felt the stewards were really good at the game spot on as a matter of fact they threatened to fling me out for grabbing a quick smoke at half time in the bridge end, nothing was said to the two rangers suporters going tyo the toilet in the main stand (colours were being worn), i know i was in the wrong but so were they :020:

Guest kingkojak

"[The Police] cannot do anything because they have not committed an offense.  I personally do not know the difference between Rangers colours and ICT colours and we cannot evict them from the ground unless a steward asks us to."

Seems that they don't care, and that is how fights break out.  The thing that got me was when we scored the winner, that whole section pretty much stayed seated.

then perhaps the answer is to start fighting the OF feckers who sit in our seats!! 

Well I had a Rangers fan sitting beside me in the North Stand, basically it was priceless !!  :016:

With a couple of minutes to go he stood up to leave and said to me, "Thats enough, i;ve got a bad feeling about this!" Before he reached the end of the Row Rankin Scored. Class!  :015: