FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Section E treatment

jamie ictfc

So thought i would vent my anger/disappointment regarding the policing/stewarding for the game on Tuesday.

I can understand why the fans were searching going into the match after what happened in Dingwall although i don't approve of the reason i was given when i asked why i was being searched 'you fit the age group we have been told to search'

Anyway, why were the police and Stewards filming/watching Section E for the whole match?

I don't understand why there was numerous police officers and stewards around the section, there wasn't even that many in the whole away end.

I know there was alot of people at that game in Section E that were only there because of how much they enjoyed

County away, but why would they return every week to be treated like this?

The club is always asking for the fans to create an atmosphere, but when we do, we get treated like this?

The police will have studied video footage of the Dingwall game. They have all the faces on tape. They will likely have disctetely videod the North stand last league game. They may not have seen who threw the smoke flares but they will have matched faces from the general area of where it came from with same faces in section E so they targeted that area. This has nothing whatsoever to do with the club or creating atmosphere. This is to do with police investigation into a criminal offence that took place in front of their noses.

Some may well say its not a heinous crime but more a bit of fun. It is a criminal offence punishable by the courts to carry and discharge any such items within a football stadium in Britian. If those who think its just fun want to continue taking their chances and they get caught and convicted who are they going to run to in years to come when they find their employment prospects etc somewhat curtailed by having to disclose that conviction.

I'm not going to read through every comment on this thread because after the first page I can see how it will petre out suffice to say that if this club gets disciplined in any way for the actions of a few idiots then the majority who ask for areas to create atmosphere and be able to stand together as they did in Dingwall will not get my support.

Fraz, should I really have misunderstood the intent of your post, my sincerest apology. But I ask you to try to understand that I have quite a few Turkish (and other foreign) friends here in Germany who are often subject to discrimination and abuse, and in the light of the racism debate in British football this conclusion jumped at me.

• Agree 1

Being blatantly filmed at a football match that - in the grander scheme of things - must be negligible on 'incident' potential is a pathetic waste of police resources. Ever since I got filmed in Inverness (sitting next to a scary CaleyD with his subversive A4 poster) at the time of the Brewster shoe-gate attrocities I realised security at Scottish Football lacked any sense of proportion or professional integrity, let alone customer care in respect of the 'paying public'.

It's why I hate visiting TCS.

And I'm a shareholder.

• Agree 2