FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Denzil

davieB

Just looking through his stats and while I knew it was about 20 light years since he last scored a league goal I didn't realise it was as far back as the 4-2 win at D.Utd last Feb!!

If that was any of our strikers I suspect they'd come in for a lot more stick than Dennis does. To be honest, apart from the odd game(Rangers midweek), his form has been very poor in my opinion.

I know people go on about his touch, his ability to bring others into play etc etc.....but his job is to score, and for a scorer to have not scored a league goal in nearly a year that's pretty poor form in any book.

Denzil really needs to get his finger out, or CC needs to conjure up a goalscorer from somewhere, because if Dargo decides to leave then our options up front are severely fecked.

I realise that by posting this Dennis will now go and hit a hat-trick tomorrow against the Midden.......fingers crossed.

I still think Charlie should try him out in the position just behind the strikers, linking with the main midfield.  Now that Blackie is suspended for the Midden game I would like to see how this might work with Bayne and MacSwegan.  I reckon Denzil could start scoring more regularly again from there.

I still think Charlie should try him out in the position just behind the strikers, linking with the main midfield.  Now that Blackie is suspended for the Midden game I would like to see how this might work with Bayne and MacSwegan.  I reckon Denzil could start scoring more regularly again from there.

:025: :025: :025:

I was going tosuggest the exact same thing

I think you also have to look at how often he actually started. According to my memory the answer is 'not very often' as it's usually been Bayne and Dargo starting.

I thought he's been doing well recently, including the first half yesterday, but I think his heart wasn't in it second half, looked like a lost laddie  :009:

I still think it needs Dargo & Denzil to start, though I agree playing Bayne against the fragile Rangers was the right move.

I agree that playing him in a slightly deeper role could well be a good move.  There's no doubting his talent and that may well utilise his skills more.

I also agree though that him and Dargo are our best option up front. Some of their link up play can be fantastic to watch....at times. I'm just worried that if Dargo does go then presumably our preferred striking option would be a Bayne/Denzil partnership, and I've yet to see anything that suggests the two play well together.

He's obviously very low on confidence at the moment. I've noticed on quite a few occasions in recent months when a chance comes along, where the Dennis of old would have just pulled the trigger without a seconds thought, the Dennis of just now seems to want that extra touch all the time.

I agree with all that has been said above, and think that with young master Black about to spend lots of time either playing reserve games and watching from the stand, the time is ripe. 

Why not have him play as an attacking midfielder because the one thing he still does well is close control with the ball.  Given a bit more space in midfield he may even get back in amongst the goals.

Seems to be things are not running for Dennis in front of goal at the moment , but for his touch and vision, he has to start . When the ball is played to his feet there is nobody better in the squad who can bring other players into the game , so a slightly more withdrawn role could well be the answer.

Denzil came to us from Aberdeen and hit a barren spell. Then primarily with Paul Richie he scorred lots of goals. The good news for us is that when he breaks out he will score bags of goals again. Be patient. Denzil will not let us down and the signs are one good break and he'll be off again.

Guest caradoll101

well he scored against the saintz!i think he just got lazy 4 a few weekz but hopefully he has got his act 2gether and will start nettin in more goalz 4 da jaggiez!the guyz a ledgend! :021:

A few weeks ago when we were debating strike partnerships, and I wasn't too impressed with Wyness's performances, I suggested the he and Bayne may be the better partnership. From what I've seen lately I believe this is where the success is going to come from, they are starting to work well for each other, and that both players will start scoring regularly.

Guest brimsie

I hate to break it to you all but Wyness is mince! He took his goal against St Mirren well but don't expect the flood gates to open. Seen him a couple of times for the reserves and he was terrible. Afraid I don't rate Dargo either. A new partner is needed for Mr Bayne and he is needed now! Maybe grandad McSwegen could be given a chance?

I hate to break it to you all but Wyness is mince! He took his goal against St Mirren well but don't expect the flood gates to open. Seen him a couple of times for the reserves and he was terrible. Afraid I don't rate Dargo either. A new partner is needed for Mr Bayne and he is needed now! Maybe grandad McSwegen could be given a chance?

:015:

You rate Bayne ahead of Dargo & Wyness!!  :017:

Fair enough but I think you will be in the minority  :004:

Guest brimsie

Wyness is a lazy git and Dargos finishing looks like he has his boots on the wrong feet. At least Graham Bayne gives you everything he has in every game.

Wyness is a lazy git and Dargos finishing looks like he has his boots on the wrong feet. At least Graham Bayne gives you everything he has in every game.

It's no good Rory. Face it, you'll never get back in the team now  :015: :015: :015: :015: