FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Contract talks

DundeeICT

No doubt Brown will openly admit that Shinniesta would be making a mistake by moving to Aberdeen and he should stay at ICT to develop more as a player like he was recently doing with Ryan Fraser.

• Agree 2

No doubt Brown will openly admit that Shinniesta would be making a mistake by moving to Aberdeen and he should stay at ICT to develop more as a player like he was recently doing with Ryan Fraser.

Ryan Fraser has just turned 18,Andrew Shinnie is 23 surely 5 years extra development is enough?

• Agree 1

Ryan Fraser has just turned 18,Andrew Shinnie is 23 surely 5 years extra development is enough?

Age has nothing to do with it. This is Shinnies first season where he has been a "real" regular in a team much like Fraser. Indeed, moving from ICT to Aberdeen isn't much of a step up compared to Aberdeen to Bournemouth.

Age has nothing to do with it. This is Shinnies first season where he has been a "real" regular in a team much like Fraser. Indeed, moving from ICT to Aberdeen isn't much of a step up compared to Aberdeen to Bournemouth.

So are you saying that the amount of first team games they have both played in their careers is comparable? Not sure how Aberdeen to Bournemouth or Ict to Bournemouth would be any kind of step up maybe you could enlighten me on that one because i can't see where the step up is? If you mean doubling or tripling your wages is a step up then yes you are quite correct as for footballing terms your deluded.

Butcher has opened contract talks with 'he scores when he wants' McKay....

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/372613

Good news. Last season McKay was struggling to score, and the club was only recently back after relegation to the lower division and had been hovering in the relegation zone before the turn of the year. This season the club is flying high, and McKay has now developed his positioning and goal sense to a point where he has become a key contributor to our attack force. This offer indicates a sign of confidence for both player and club, which is to be welcomed.

• Agree 1

I think the only thing that will keep Shinnie here is if we make it into a European spot. If not he will head for pastures new. I dont see him heading to Aberdeen. He has the kind of flair that would fit in well in the Championship down south. Jonny going to Aberdeen was a side way step. He still looks a dangerous player but imo hasnt really looked any better from when he left. 

So are you saying that the amount of first team games they have both played in their careers is comparable? Not sure how Aberdeen to Bournemouth or Ict to Bournemouth would be any kind of step up maybe you could enlighten me on that one because i can't see where the step up is? If you mean doubling or tripling your wages is a step up then yes you are quite correct as for footballing terms your deluded.

No I am not saying that and yes, in terms of wages, there is a much bigger step up, for now, between the clubs mentioned.

You could argue whether or not there is much difference between (some) SPL teams and (some) League 1 teams.

I think you'll find that there isn't a deal of difference in wages between what Aberdeen would pay and what Bournemouth would pay. Article here http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2055140/Premier-League-wages-FIVE-times-Championship.html has the average wage for league 1 as being £1400 a week. Granted that was a couple of seasons ago but I wouldn't think there's been much increase since then.

Bournemouth have been taken over and Fraser, apparently, was still on a youth wage and wasn't offered much more. But to say that playing in League One is a step up from the SPL is crazy.

A step up is surely about glory and competition. Competing for the Austrian title is probably not as difficult as mid-table Serie B and would pay less but if sport isn't about winning, might as well cheer on Glaxo Smith Kline. They make more money and it's more difficult to get into upper middle management. But glory? I don't think so.

I really don't understand the desire to want the best players to leave Scotland.

Bournemouth have a rich Russian backing them and the reputed wages of Ryan Fraser are £6000 a week i'm not surprised Aberdeen weren't prepared to pay massive wages for an 18yr old who has played 2 full games!!

Some of these kids see the riches of England and think because they are trebling their wages it's a "step up". in reality it's short term gain,will they be heard of in league 1? will they be playing with a better standard of player? ,plenty of rubbish in league one and i would fancy a fair few teams in Scotland to do well in that league,Bournemouth the massive step up managed to take 68 fans to their last league game,so in terms of size of club and being a step up not a chance

• 1 month later...