FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Contract talks

DundeeICT

Until shinnie can get 20 assists and goals in an spl season i won't consider him to good for the league, il consider him a good player on the league. Any player can improve it doesn't matter what level they play at, it's about mentality. Andy has to say to himself, right I've scored this many, but I need to contribute more to providing goals. Or I do this going forward but I need to work on tracking back. Their just general examples not things i think he should actually improve.

He doesn't need to play at a higher level to improve himself. He may need to do it to prove to others he's good enough, but not to improve.

At the moment, ICT is geared up to play AShinnie in, just as it was built around Hayes and Tade as goal-bound wingers last season.  I don't think AShinnie is so good a player to be able to shine when not in that position and hasn't probably proved himself enough for another team to build their philosophy around them.

I wasn't convicned Rooney should have stayed (he would have struggled to match his goal tally, as he was fairly one-dimensional) but I'd strongly urge AShinnie to stay.  He's been good for us but we've also been good to him.  Another year or two at the heart of our team could make him into a better player that's able to command his position more.  I'm really not sure that would be the case going into a team where he's not the key but just another cog in the machine.

The best medium-term option for AShinnie is to stay and develop his career.  Then, he'll be a real catch for a team, rather than flitting in and out, then dropping down the clubs to get a game.  That's my honest, non-ICT-baised position.

Until shinnie can get 20 assists and goals in an spl season i won't consider him to good for the league, il consider him a good player on the league. Any player can improve it doesn't matter what level they play at, it's about mentality. Andy has to say to himself, right I've scored this many, but I need to contribute more to providing goals. Or I do this going forward but I need to work on tracking back. Their just general examples not things i think he should actually improve.

He doesn't need to play at a higher level to improve himself. He may need to do it to prove to others he's good enough, but not to improve.

Is that twenty goals and twenty assists or is it a total of twenty goals/assists. I don't know if Andy has been credited with any assists in cup competitions but he has six in SPL and a total of twelve goals so far this season with a good part of the season still to go.

Pa Broon quoted in the Daily Record today saying Aberdeen will be in for A, Shinnie .

Daily Record today puting a slightly different slant to the Suns story from yesterday. Of course this is the same paper that has Brown being sacked soon to let Adams take over.

Just out of interest, how do people think Hayes has progressed as a player since joining Aberdeen? Improved? Same? Worse?

His stats for goals and assists aren't looking vastly different to his last season with us, but I haven't seen a great deal of him to have an opinion.

The reason I ask is that Barry Robson is being talked about on another thread, and he is one of the few players who I would say really improved his overall game after leaving us. He was a fantastic tricky winger/attacker/crosser for us, but after going to Utd his defensive play and overall vision seemed to improve significantly, with the result that he could play comfortably in central midfield and even at left back. He also matured enough to be made captain, which I never thought likely to happen.

Pa Broon quoted in the Daily Record today saying Aberdeen will be in for A, Shinnie .

Daily Record today puting a slightly different slant to the Suns story from yesterday. Of course this is the same paper that has Brown being sacked soon to let Adams take over.

Difference being the Record has a direct quote from Brown .

Andrew has come onto TV to make his position clear which as a non-football agent, I totally agree with. It is that the next move in his career is very important and he wants time to make the right decision. He came across as honest, modest, reasonable and balanced. He has not therefore rejected Inverness but given the ups and downs of football is weighing up what to do. It certainly did not affect his performance last Saturday so we must respect his position. 

Is that twenty goals and twenty assists or is it a total of twenty goals/assists. I don't know if Andy has been credited with any assists in cup competitions but he has six in SPL and a total of twelve goals so far this season with a good part of the season still to go.

20 assists and goals.  my point is he can always improve and staying at ict wont stop his development as long as he has the correct mentality.

Edited by lukemackay

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21151306 : BBC story that has direct quotes from the player and from Butcher who basically says the ball is in his court.

"Obviously it's a great compliment a team as big as Aberdeen and their manager does like me," said Shinnie. "But as far as thinking I'm going there, that's not on my mind right now. I'm happy where I am in Scotland and I'm happy at the club."

And speaking on his contract offer from Inverness, Shinnie added: "No, I haven't made that decision. I think maybe people reported it a bit wrong. I haven't rejected it. I haven't said I'm leaving Inverness. I just asked the manager for a bit more time to fully be convinced in my mind what I want and not to maybe rush into a decision and then think I'll regret it."

Seems fair enough to me ..... If he does decide to go elsewhere, at least he will have weighed up his options. sounds like a sensible lad.