FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Contract talks

DundeeICT

The most annoying thing about all this is that we are just over a week away from a cup semi-final and the whole focus for the press and fans is on negative situations (Daily Record piece that was pulled from the Aberdeen Mad forum and the Andy Shinnie not signing situation). The next 4 games can shape our season and I would hope some positivity would show its head at some stage.

• Agree 1

Ach well, if goes I hope he lets us know soon enough and doesn't treat us like dirt like Hayes did.

In what way did he treat us like dirt ?

Well you may remember he kept the fans on a knife-edge for weeks, by the looks of things for the attention it would bring him.  He said about three times that he was going to announce his future that day and then there'd be nothing, despite knowing full well he was off to Aberdeen before eventually signing for them and claiming it was "an easy decision to make".  He showed little respect to the fans throughout that whole saga.

Edited by Renegade

Ach well, if goes I hope he lets us know soon enough and doesn't treat us like dirt like Hayes did.

In what way did he treat us like dirt ?

Well you may remember he kept the fans on a knife-edge for weeks, by the looks of things for the attention it would bring him.  He told the fans about three times that he was going to announce his future that day and then there'd be nothing, before eventually signing for Aberdeen and claiming it was "an easy decision to make".  He showed little respect to the fans throughout that whole saga.

As much as it pains me to say it, I agree with this. He seemed to love the spotlight and used his twitter to wind just about everyone up including Aberdeen

We maybe should keep our respect for Andy Shinnie, I dont want his potential departure or signing a pre contract elsewhere to cause a bit of aggro.

After all his brother is still an important player for us and also he may still see sense & stay !

Any player for any club who signs a PCA should be burned at the stake.  Fecking hate the whole idea of the things....right up there with my thoughts on agents.

Why? Whats different from any person in normal world looking to change job and working either an extended notice period or if self employed/contractor having something else lined up befor etheir contract runs out? Everyone has bills to pay and needs to do what is best for them, their career and personal circumstances.

Whatever AS chooses, I hope its the right decission for HIM. No issues from me what he decides, all I see is a profesional, hardworking young player without some of the attitude that others in his profession show.

• Agree 1

The lad has ability of that there is no doubt but how much confidence in it does he have? Too many decent players have left their clubs too early to head to seemingly greener pastures and become bit players and end back where they started or lower. If he is actually confident in his own ability then he will stay and play his part in a decent season for ICT and move on to a bigger club at the end of the season when there will be some real interest from the type of club that he deserves to take the next step up to. If he does go now or signs a pre then I wouldn't hold anything against him but he will always look back at it as a what might have been that's for sure. I know what I would do but we all have different drivers in our own professions and footballers are no different.

Any player for any club who signs a PCA should be burned at the stake.  Fecking hate the whole idea of the things....right up there with my thoughts on agents.

Why? Whats different from any person in normal world looking to change job and working either an extended notice period or if self employed/contractor having something else lined up befor etheir contract runs out? Everyone has bills to pay and needs to do what is best for them, their career and personal circumstances.

Whatever AS chooses, I hope its the right decission for HIM. No issues from me what he decides, all I see is a profesional, hardworking young player without some of the attitude that others in his profession show.

Wasn't having a pop at AS (or any other player) specifically.  Nor was I denying them the right to do what is best for themselves in looking at moves elsewhere....I just don't like the whole concept of the PCA, especially where it can involve moving to a direct competitor.  That's not the players fault, it's the system that allows it.

I touch on my thoughts on it during the MFR ICT Fanzone Podcast this week - http://www.mfr.co.uk/fanzone

The lad has ability of that there is no doubt but how much confidence in it does he have? Too many decent players have left their clubs too early to head to seemingly greener pastures and become bit players and end back where they started or lower. If he is actually confident in his own ability then he will stay and play his part in a decent season for ICT and move on to a bigger club at the end of the season when there will be some real interest from the type of club that he deserves to take the next step up to. If he does go now or signs a pre then I wouldn't hold anything against him but he will always look back at it as a what might have been that's for sure. I know what I would do but we all have different drivers in our own professions and footballers are no different.

As I said in my post, even if we do have what we would consider to be a superb season, the big offers might not come in.

The only player to leave for a better club from Kilmarnock after they got to the final and won the League Cup was Shiels to Rangers Lite, we're way off the final, nevermind beating Celtic.

As he will be starting next season aged 24, he will be best served by signing the highest paying deal possible.  Hes hardly a teenager, if we have a poor end to this season, he may never be in the shop window again.

We only got him for free in the first place because his old club under rated him, I can't remember if any other clubs were even interested, if he picks up an injury or if we end the season winning nothing and finishing 4th, yet again nobody will be interested.

He's got to sign the best deal he can while his reputation is so good.

I wish him well getting a job, its always going to be difficult breaking in to a team who are  the highest goal scorers in the league

As for A Shinnie, for as long as hes wearing and playing for the ICT shirt then I am 100% behind the loon.   

• Agree 1

If a player decides to leave to further his career why is that a stab in the back for the team he currently plays for?

This has been going on (transfers) for years and years and it will never change.It's a job for goodness sake. Live with it and move right along. 

Wish the guy well and say TTFN. (Ta Ta For Now)

because he is (if AS actually does) leaving our community for our rivals.  If it is simply a metter of business and not emotion, why care about football at all?  Wish him to stay but dont wish him well if he leaves.  Football without rivalry is pointless.

I will wish AS well when he is playing for ICT and when he retires.  Any other time, he is either not helping us, or actively trying to make us lose to a new club, so why would I care how he is playing?

Having turned down a contract offer here he is obviously out to impress.  But he needs to remember that those he is trying to impress will look at his overall contribution to the team and not just any spectacular goals he scores.  He needs to avoid the temptation to be selfish and go for the glory himself when there are better options.  On one occasion in the first half he started a penetrating run and then lost posession going it alone when Billy was clear in the middle and screaming for the ball - he really should have passed it.

Not so for his goal though.  He did well to get clear on the by-line and Langfield, clearly expecting him to square it was way out of position in anticipation of intercepting.  Shinnie saw the gap and exploited it ruthlessly.

Mind you, if he was thinking of going to Aberdeen he'll maybe want to think again.  Players often look good because of the way their team mates play.  Shinnie gets great service from his team mates and when he scored today MacKay was in the perfect position for the cutback which was why Langfield was out of position.  I really don't think he would look as good in a red shirt as he does in a blue one (with a little bit of red in it).  If he plays to the team's collective strengths for the rest of the season he is going to get offers from much better clubs than Aberdeen