one man went to kill

went to kill a *****

one man and his baseball bat

went to kill a *****

two men went to kill

went to kill a *****

two men one man and his baseball bat

went to kill a *****

repeat until bored, or at least that's how I remember it.

:015: :015: :015: :015: :015: Do'nt care what anyone else sings Chris. I will be using those words in future.  :015: :015: :015: :015:

Bring in the feckin NEW is spot on. Loyal Army ya old gits.  :011:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought they were good craic, was sitting near them and definitely an improvement on other games I've been to. Lads were up for a laugh, sang and enjoyed themselves. If people didn't like them, then move... Also, if you're complain about singing 'inappropriate' songs then maybe you need to decide whether football grounds are the best place to go?

I'm sure we did sing 'the Caley boys' to tune of 'Billy Boys'. Not heard it for years though which probably isn't a bad thing given the alignment with Rangers... Wasn't it a Caley favourite pre-merger if I remember right?

that celebration/chant/song/dance thing we do "the bouncy" is originally a rangers chant with the follow up song "if u cannae do the bouncy ure fae dingwall" was oringianly "if u cannae do the bouncy ure a tim"

Well I am a gurney, daft, stoopid, drunken old git BUT yesterday was close to the atmosphere at the 2-0 Jam Tarts game . Feckin great.  :011:

I noticed that you went a bit quiet in the second half and sat in your seat for most of it.  Though it was rather funny when you did your old **** off routine, and as soon as you said it the lassie police officer went straight on her radio, was worth a wee chuckle.

Why did that copper speak to that lad in the 2nd half?

Guest PaulieBee

I think IHE has finally come up with a solution to the lack of half time entertainment at TCS.

:015: :015: :015: :015: :015:

The stewards and police were excellent yesterday.  Don't think he'd get off with that at a home game.  The look on the steward's face when they were singing 'who put the 'o' and the 'y' in County' was fantastic.  It obviously took him a while to work it out then he was laughing.  I think they handled things really well.  :021:

It almost seemed as though we had borrowed a set of fans from another club for the day,

We did - the Raith Rovers fans who turned up on the wrong day!  :015: :015: :015:

It's my first season... I used to follow Rangers then Celtic started winning so I followed them for a while now since ICT are on the verge of some major scottish success I've decided to follow them  :006: :006:

I've been in the bridge end since the start and I've never heard it or certainly can't remember it

Guest 1MORESEASONBLACK

one man went to kill

went to kill a *****

one man and his baseball bat

went to kill a *****

two men went to kill

went to kill a *****

two men one man and his baseball bat

went to kill a *****

repeat until bored, or at least that's how I remember it.

:015: :015: :015: :015: :015: Do'nt care what anyone else sings Chris. I will be using those words in future.  :015: :015: :015: :015:

Bring in the feckin NEW is spot on. Loyal Army ya old gits.  :011:

it runs of the tongue easier if aluminium is used before baseball bat

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Caleylad

First thing first the word "Loyal" means steadfast in allegiance or duty. so by singing loyal army we are merely highlighting the fact that most of the boys who made the noise that day ( btu not all) are the ones who have travelled to all the ****** away grounds this season from inverness to support there club. I cannot beleive that some of you would be so ignorant as to beleive that a word which has been in use for centuries can be claimed by that racist bile the OF spout. Im loyal to ICT doesn't mean i march down the shankhill road with an orange vest on.

The rest of you complaining about the noise or the rowdyness how many people have complained on here about the lack of singing and as soon as we decide to make an effort and have a little sing along you all turn on us. next time well toast marshmallows and hum koom by ya. As happy as you all seem to to sing the

one man and his baseball bat song and the

IF you want to go to heaven when u die

u have to kick a ***** bas**** till he dies

you have to punch his inbred brother

and slap his pikey lover

if you want to go to heaven when you die.

but isnt that infinetly more racist than the use of the word loyal?

First thing first the word "Loyal" means steadfast in allegiance or duty. so by singing loyal army we are merely highlighting the fact that most of the boys who made the noise that day ( btu not all) are the ones who have travelled to all the ****ty away grounds this season from inverness to support there club. I cannot beleive that some of you would be so ignorant as to beleive that a word which has been in use for centuries can be claimed by that racist bile the OF spout. Im loyal to ICT doesn't mean i march down the shankhill road with an orange vest on.

The rest of you complaining about the noise or the rowdyness how many people have complained on here about the lack of singing and as soon as we decide to make an effort and have a little sing along you all turn on us. next time well toast marshmallows and hum koom by ya. As happy as you all seem to to sing the

and slap his pikey lover

everyone knows what the word loyal means... but more to the point, why draw attention to us? especially when so much is being made about sectarianism by FIFA!  All that needs to happen is for one fan from another team or media pundit/journo to overhear, take offence, write a letter and we could be screwed!

... and if these fans were really that 'loyal' they would know that most fans have been singing "Caley Army" for years :014:

First thing first the word "Loyal" means steadfast in allegiance or duty. so by singing loyal army we are merely highlighting the fact that most of the boys who made the noise that day ( btu not all) are the ones who have travelled to all the ****ty away grounds this season from inverness to support there club. I cannot beleive that some of you would be so ignorant as to beleive that a word which has been in use for centuries can be claimed by that racist bile the OF spout. Im loyal to ICT doesn't mean i march down the shankhill road with an orange vest on.

and slap his pikey lover

I could lecture for hours on what words literal definition are, but they have a different meaning when used in different settings.  Words such as ******* and ***** spring to mind.  The term Loyal though has been connected with Rangers fans, and with Northern Ireland for a long time.  The chant, Loyal Army, was used by Unionists and Loyalists in Northern Ireland, and that is when Rangers fans picked up on it.

The chant Caley Army has been used before, and should be used in the future.  All though it may mean something different when the chant 'Loyal Army' is used, other people will not take it that way.  As Harry says, all it needs is a group of people to pick up on this, and we are up the keichter.

As for your other point, people on here are not moaning that noise was made, I would have been joining in with most of the chants at the Stirling game had I been in better health, and I have joined in in the past, and will in the future.  Two of my greatest memories are at the Ayr cup match doing the Conga, and at the Partick replay where we never stopped singing for 120 minutes.  During that time, we did not sing the 'Loyal Army' or 'One Man Went To Beat The **** Out Of Some Folk From Dingwall' songs.

Noise is something that we should encourage, and listening on the radio today, I remarked that it was good to actually hear some noise from the home crowd, I just think that there are some songs that should not be sung, and we should move away from.  As someone said, and it was probably Harry, we have a group of fans like to call themselves the Caley Casuals.  No matter what their intentions are, when one hears the term Caley Casual, they get the wrong impression.

... and if these fans were really that 'loyal' they would know that most fans have been singing "Caley Army" for years :014:

:015: :015: :015:

Since when? I have NEVER heard that sung at TCS.

But quit with that stupid 10 men went to mow. Aberdeen sing that and we dont nedd to start copying them and using that song. If were gonna sing a stupid random song make it original

... we've already been copying them [ Aberdeen ] for some time with a song that actually starts - "Stand Free" , but no one has cottoned on that this is the actual words yet...I'm sure it will come ...

:015: :015: :015:

Since when? I have NEVER heard that sung at TCS.

in the words of the all mighty clacherholiday2

the tunes been knocking about since telford street!

i know, i was there, which makes you deaf.

Derived from Hibs song when Mixu P, arrived we could start singing to the tune of "Everybody Salsa"

Marcus Paatalainen

What a fekkin signing

Na Na Na Na, Na Na Na Na

etc

Or to the tune of the first line of "Imagine"

Imagine no Neil Lennon

rpt 

Never forget he is a diving corrupt whining cheat, that tries to damage the career of other professionals.