FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Out with the old...

Harry Chibber

... in with the new

today at the game the support was absolutely fantastic, might not have been too manyof us but the group of boys I was sitting with never stopped from the word go today.  Seemed to be a lot of younger guys and there were old chants I haven't heard since the days of the terracing in the bridge end and there were also chants I hadn't heard before from ICT fans.  It almost seemed as though we had borrowed a set of fans from another club for the day, I mean I amn't exactly old at 23 but the today it seemed like we had a new generation of supporters.. class, long may it continue!

but next time don't bother with the megaphone :004:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a day out!  Crackin wee ground!

"but next time don't bother with the megaphone"

Ya old fert :016:, that was the best part, had us in kinks,

especially when he was chanting into RIG's ear - quality!  Sorry RIG! :015:

Sorry to be niave - but what the **** is that Tiger and Fish song all about!

What had you lot been on!

Whilst were at it, can see EWS's point - the Loyal Army chant does sound a bit

dodgy, might not be seen as a pi** take by all - we also had to endure IHE singing

that the whole way back to Sneck - ya bar stewards!

Useless songs;

Went to mow a meadow

Tiger **** a fish

Loyal Army

What in God's name was half of it about?  Plus where you lot singing "We love ****"

Yeh, these were the songs I didn't really get involved in, especially the "I love ****" chant :017:

I thought it was Caley Army.  As I said seemed like we had borrowed another set of fans for the day, good crack none the less!

I was sitting to the right of the guys (as you look onto the pitch) next to a few children.  I did see a small family actually move away from them, including a little girl asking "Mummy, what is a ****?"

Surely we can come up with chants of our own?

Our fans yesterday were brilliant. Not sure how (as the above poster says) we can win.

Sing songs - slated

No atmosphere - slated

ICT is/are a young club and we have NO songs that are 'ours' so to speak so no idea why some people keep harping on about originality.

If you honestly get that bent out of shape over something like that then stop going to games seeing as pretty much everyone sings songs that belongs to another club. Any ones that are original are laughed at.

What is the problem with Loyal Army? St. Mirren were signing it last week.

Went to mow a meadow - we're having a laugh at a football game. My God what a disgrace we are. You don't like - ram it! Sorry but a lot of us go there to have a bit of fun that is all and we were doing that yesterday.

"I love ****" - come on guys. Think about it.  It's really not that hard.

i'd rather sing nothing than mow a medow. Its not likie were kinda using a song another team sings its totaly copying something aberdeen do. We dont have many songs so lets look at big aberdeen and copy exactly what they do :006:. Why not sing a different song if were gonna sing a random song?

And tiger and f**k a fish? Dunno what its about but if it is grimbsy/hull then whats that gotta do with us. At least change the words to have you ever seen an eagle f**k a stag or a bear!

That's your choice Joe. The rest of us wanted to sing so we did. Nowt wrong with that and nowt wrong with you not singing either.

Every song ICT have is being used by another club so I don't see what the problem with this lack of originiality is?

Chris - the 'song' is just Loyal Army! over and over and yes it was the same crew from Dundee and undeed all the Away games this season AFAIK.

Our fans yesterday were brilliant. Not sure how (as the above poster says) we can win.

Sing songs - slated

No atmosphere - slated

ICT is/are a young club and we have NO songs that are 'ours' so to speak so no idea why some people keep harping on about originality.

If you honestly get that bent out of shape over something like that then stop going to games seeing as pretty much everyone sings songs that belongs to another club. Any ones that are original are laughed at.

What is the problem with Loyal Army? St. Mirren were signing it last week.

Went to mow a meadow - we're having a laugh at a football game. My God what a disgrace we are. You don't like - ram it! Sorry but a lot of us go there to have a bit of fun that is all and we were doing that yesterday.

"I love ****" - come on guys. Think about it.  It's really not that hard.

What's wrong with "Caley Army"??

"I love ****", I take that's for Hastings but he's not gonna have a clue... and it sounds... well as bent as freddie mercury

I agree with what your saying, it is well hard for ICT to have any chants when we are such a young club and yesterday was excellent, I was absolutely shattered after the match  :003:

See, if we modified the words of went to mow then I would be happy to sing it.

Maybe something about crossing the bridge etc...

There is a modified version but it involves baseball bats and ross county fans, not really the sort of song we should be singing either.

one man went to kill

went to kill a *****

one man and his baseball bat

went to kill a *****

two men went to kill

went to kill a *****

two men one man and his baseball bat

went to kill a *****

repeat until bored, or at least that's how I remember it.

See, if we modified the words of went to mow then I would be happy to sing it.

Maybe something about crossing the bridge etc...

There is a modified version but it involves baseball bats and ross county fans, not really the sort of song we should be singing either.

I'd be more than happy with that... sounds like a classic!

Thought they were good craic, was sitting near them and definitely an improvement on other games I've been to. Lads were up for a laugh, sang and enjoyed themselves. If people didn't like them, then move... Also, if you're complain about singing 'inappropriate' songs then maybe you need to decide whether football grounds are the best place to go?

I'm sure we did sing 'the Caley boys' to tune of 'Billy Boys'. Not heard it for years though which probably isn't a bad thing given the alignment with Rangers... Wasn't it a Caley favourite pre-merger if I remember right?