FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Announcement re Managerial Situation

CaleyD

Announcement re Managerial Situation

Inverness Caledonian Thistle FC regret to announce that, despite every effort to persade them to stay, Terry Butcher and Maurice Malpas have indicated their wish to relinquish their posts as manager and assistant manager of Inverness Caledonian Thistle.

Compensation has been agreed with Hibernian FC.

Chairman Kenny Cameron said: ”It is a major disappointment to the club and its supporters that they have taken this decision. I'd like to put on record our appreciation of the excellent job they have done at Inverness since Caley Thistle provided them with the opportunity to join the club in January 2009.

"Maurice was offered the manager's role but declined. We would, however, like to record our sincere appreciation to him for taking the team on Saturday in what was a resounding victory. 

"On the field, skipper Richie Foran and the players showed great heart and character. We have a special group of players here and we intend to keep them at this club. Our supporters were excellent, as usual, and we now ask for their patience regarding the team management scenario.

"This is the fourth time that Caley Thistle have found themselves in the situation of having their manager head hunted by another Scottish Premier club, with Steve Paterson, John Robertson and Craig Brewster being the other instances.
"What it does show is that Caley Thistle have a tradition of getting their selection process right and the club has continued to progress. It is our aspiration to maintain this sequence."

Mr Cameron added: "In the past couple of days we have been inundated with indications of interest from potential candidates or their representatives and we are positive this interest will now escalate.

"The supporters can be assured that the board will work its way through the options for a manager, arrive at a short list and proceed to interview. There will be no knee-jerk reaction and we are confident of appointing a manager of the calibre we require."

Link to Original Article on ictfc.com : http://ictfc.com/news/club-news/1094-ictfc-statement
  • Agree 1

As the press release says, we have a good track record of appointing managers who have led us to ever greater success.

Terry and Maurice have done well for the last season and a half in particular and it would be churlish not to acknowledge that but I am looking forward with eager anticipation to the next exciting chapter in the remarkable rise of our wonderful club.

• Agree 4

Thanks to Terry and Maurice for their contribution to our history, and for the legacy they presently leave in terms of our squad.

Kenny Cameron's statement is articulate and eloquent, and I look forward to progress with the appointment of a new management team over the coming days/weeks.

It would be nice to get some clarity on the situation with Steve Marsella though.

One chapter of ICT's history is finished and I look forward to the writing of the next.

• Agree 3

They have done well for us and are leaving a good team for the incoming Manager and we have to thank them for that - but I can't help feeling they have made a big mistake as they will find out every time we play them :lol:  :ictscarf:

• Agree 1

Al give the pair of em 2 seasons. Fenlon got Hibs back to Back Scottish Cup Final appearances and still that wasnt good enuff for them. Terry and Mo had it easy up here.Now...there is pressure for sucsess. They will regret this move, of that im sure. 

• Agree 2

Terry and Mo could have stayed in Inverness until they wanted to retire with the only expectations being, stay in the top flight and keep doing what you have been doing.  I agree with Smee, that they will get a maximum of 2 seasons at Easter Road, when I suspect they discover that Rod Petrie's grass is definitely not greener than our side of the fence.

One chapter ends with these two departures but it's a new one that begins as Kingsmills said. Thanks for all Terry and Maurice and good luck at Hibernian.Their work will never be forget and they leave a great legacy. Now, ICT needs to focus on the future which will be wonderful, I'm sure !

Well I would like to thank them for all they have done for the club. But after this last week I'm struggling with that. Anyway I'm sure they'll look back on their time at ICT as the high point of their managerial careers :D

• Agree 2