FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

cycle track

givmeaccccc

Charlie Bannerman has mentioned a cycle track leading to the stadium two weeks running in his Highland News articles.

Anyone know where it is? I cycle regularly to the games from the harbour direction and haven't seen it. It cannot be on the right hand side as you head to the park as cars are always banked up off road. On the left there is a short pavement but nothing resembling a cycle track to my knowledge.

Last Saturday there were 3 bikes parked up at the racks at the front of the stadium, 2 of them were electric bikes and my old wreck. Perhaps if there is a cycle track, and it was sign posted, more folk may take advantage.

• Agree 1

As another fan who sometimes cycles to the stadium I also find the allusion to a cycle track confusing. Yes there is a combined cycle/footpath at the stadium but this only goes as far as the Courier building when you have to cross the road. This second bit of cycle/footpath goes as far as the marina. Beyond that there are bits of pavement, most of which do not have dropped kerbs - I refuse to damage my wheels by bumping off pavements.

If there was a dedicated cycle path all the way from the town centre to the stadium I would use it but until then I will continue to cycle on the road as is the right of any cyclist.

Old curmudgeons like Charles wuill have to get used to the idea that in this century car drivers have to share the road with a growing number of cyclists.

Edited by johnh

CaleyD, I take it this on the stadium side of the road? Will look on Sunday but just cannot visualise a continuous cycle path on either side of the road approaching from harbour direction.

After the game the pavement on the stadium side is, quite rightly, choc a bloc with fans leaving the stadium. Before a match it would be nigh on impossible to cycle on the pavement without incurring the wrath of fans approaching the ground. As I say I'll look out for the track and will be very interested to see what Charlie has been banging on about over the past two weeks.