FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

DVD Critique

Naelifts

Well I think the word so far is non plussed. I have only watched the Road to Europe disc so far which consists of brief highlights of most of our games last season. No input from players or management and scant recognition of how we achieved all this despite losing the Premier Leagues top scorer ( it is mentioned). It frustratingly ends with some stills from Romania and i would love to have seen some footage of that. In short there is nothing that you could not have gleaned from watching Sportscene in the wee small hours on a Sunday night. Underwhelmed................there is another word

• Agree 1

Believe it or not, we don't actually have any footage from our match in Romania.  AndyCam was (literally) taken hostage by an over-zealous steward over there and denied access to the TV gantry.  They did promise to have a copy of the game for us made up before we left...but that didn't happen and the promise to send it on to us never transpired.  Complaint to UEFA fell on deaf ears.  Even if we had the footage, there's huge restrictions on what you can use and you have to pay a pretty penny for the right to reproduce it....so it would likely have ended up being cost prohibitive to include it anyway. These costs reduce over time, so if we ever manage to get our hands on the footage then it may be one for the future, such as St Johnstone have done.  There's a 4 figure fee to the SFA for rights to use the Scottish Cup footage.

There's a ton more content we would like to have included on both DVD's, but the more you add the poorer the quality, so it's a balancing act and the decision was made to go more with the content from the games than interviews and chat....some will agree with that and some won't, que sera.  One alternative would have been to add a 3rd DVD, which would have delayed production until after Christmas and put another fiver on the purchase cost....or we could have just not bothered producing a DVD at all.

The DVD's had to be produced on a tight budget (all edited together by competent volunteer/s, working in their own time) in order to ensure it remained financially viable...so I can understand that people will feel it's not up to blockbuster standards.  Such is the nature of things when supporting a club the size of ICTFC where sales aren't going to afford the luxury of investing in bells and whistles. The DVD was very much done as a means of ensuring fans had a record of the season and the club certainly aren't going to be getting rich off the back of it.....if they were, then we'd be doing DVD's at the end of every season!!

• Agree 5

3 hours ago, Naelifts said:

Well I think the word so far is non plussed. I have only watched the Road to Europe disc so far which consists of brief highlights of most of our games last season. No input from players or management and scant recognition of how we achieved all this despite losing the Premier Leagues top scorer ( it is mentioned). It frustratingly ends with some stills from Romania and i would love to have seen some footage of that. In short there is nothing that you could not have gleaned from watching Sportscene in the wee small hours on a Sunday night. Underwhelmed................there is another word

Moany old git. 

Thanks, CaleyD. I bought the DVDs for my son's christmas, so haven't watched them yet. To be honest, I'd only ever really seen them as a keepsake and memory of what was just a crazy season. It's a shame that this won't net the club much dosh, as that was also part of the incentive to buying it. I had wondered about the cost of rights, so that explains it. Whatever - it will remind us of a wonderful season....until DVD players are confined to the museum, of course!

We should have had this DVD out straight after the cup win but I now understand the budget and man/woman power constraints. I think most fans would pay even more for this DVD if it had more content and a 3rd disc. Not seen it but I applaud the club for releasing one 

Edited by RedCard

Naelifts

Imagine being called an old git!  I wouldn't put up with that!

I remember in 1979  when I was much younger and sitting at my desk in my wee business office in 1979.  In walks my employee to pick up her keys for the offices she had to go to in order to clean them and we got talking.

She says..." blah.... blah....I was telling my friend about my new boss, S/P , and she asked about your  attitudes and I told my friend .."he's a bit of a character".  Aghast, my immediate reply was..."Camille , I'm shocked, I hate being called a BIT of anything."

Just remind these guys that you're not old till the fat lady sings and  maturity comes to all of us in different guises. :crazy::ictscarf::wink:

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2015 at 8:29 PM, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

If only there was a clip from the Romanian First Aid "shop" - A very drunk nurse being treated by a drunk paramedic !!

Did the grumpy old git "put the lips on ya"?:crazy: