FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

SINGING SECTION

SO:

1. Should we get together and put forward a structured proposal?

2. Would people move from their current seats if they had to?

3. Sited in the Main or North Stand?

4. Designated seats or a "free" section"?

5. What is a "SINGING SECTION" - do other clubs have one - Midden appear to - as do Muvverwell.

I've been watching your infamous drummer!

Did you know his favourite pastime was eating indian rubber tyres to  music?

I'm up for some singing and you can count my son in too, would probably by sensible to have a choir, I quite agree.

1.  Yes

2.  Maybe maybe not - you can guarantee that some will not be happy.  There may need to be some kind of an incentive from the club for those to move who don't want to be part of it.

3.  Has to be North - remember the days behind the goals?  Might cost too much to be in the Main stand for both those who want to sing and for the club..

4.  Not sure about this one.  Need to encourage more to join it so free sounds good but also need to be aware of H&S cr@p..

5.  Loads of clubs do - be it a wee brass band or a bunch of drums up the back...  it would be up to us to decide how to do it

SO:

5. What is a "SINGING SECTION" - do other clubs have one - Midden appear to - as do Muvverwell.

1. This was raised at the fans forum after the Supporter's Trust AGM a couple of months ago and the chairman is very keen to look into this.  I'm sure suggestions will be welcome.  The supporters trust may be able to take any reasonable suggestions to their monthly meeting with the club.

2. Difficult one - but I suppose it depends on what the alternatives are.

3. Has to be North Stand unfortunately.  I would love to see it in the main stand but that is being priced out of the market for most people and the moving seats thing would be a bigger issue as some folk have been in the same seat for 10 years.

4. Think it 'officially' has to be designated. 

5. Worth looking into.

Okay now a sensible suggestion.  IHE why don't you put on your slightly more sensible head and collate this information and trawl the other forums (well the ones you aren't banned from that is  :015:) and find out what they do.

I think that the season tickets are supposed to be ready earlier this year, so we might have to move quite quickly if we're going to nail this in time for next season.

Just read your post on the other thread.  I think you could be the man to take this on board. well done  :021:

I would happily get my season ticket next year in a singing section.

Just thought I would add some points;

1. Membership.  How would we get to decide who would be in the singing section?  I am sure that we would have to buy season tickets and arrange that all of the seats are together.  Would the people be picked before hand, or would they 'request' to be placed in the singing section.  Personally, I think that you must be a member of the supporters club to be a member of the singing section.

2. Could we have people who aren't season tickets join in in one or two games a season?

3. Should there be an 'anthem' that we adopt.  A full song, much like Liverpool with YNWA, Killie with that Rolf Harris song, Hibs with Sunshine on Leith.

4. Instruments?

5. Megaphone?

6. Stewards.  Will the Stewards be on the same page as the club.  Remember, if we are singing, we are standing and we all know how the stewards react to the home fans at the TCS.

7. Away tickets.  Could we be garunteed tickets together at ticket-only away matches if we wanted to.

Just a few thoughts on it.  I think it would be a brilliant idea, and would be the first to put my name forward.  I've been meaning to get a season ticket, and with the Megabus it is now affordable to travel up and down from Glasgow every second Saturday.

Could be interesting to see what happens if people are forced to give up their seats in the North Stand to accommodate this.

killing it dead before it even starts RiG?? :004:

I would hope that folk wouldn't be 'forced' to do anything...

Not in the slightest but I think it is being over simplified somewhat. It would be ideal if this was place at the back of the stand but those are good seats and people won't want to give them up.

To save a lot of hassle why don't they just build a new stand for those interested in a singing section?

SO:

1.  Definitely, Celtic game took the biscuit for me, quarter finals of the Scottish cup and at times you could hear a mouse squeak

2.  I'm already behind the goals in the North Stand so would hope I wouldn't have to... if you build they will come

3.  Bridge End without doubt

4.  Both, season ticket holders and free seating

5.  A group of fans that sing and are in the one area, it really is that simple.  If the club make it official then fans will either know to avoid it or sit in it.  We could even have an unofficial singing fanzine etc. etc. the possibilities are endless :004:

3. Should there be an 'anthem' that we adopt.  A full song, much like Liverpool with YNWA, Killie with that Rolf Harris song, Hibs with Sunshine on Leith.

:021:

wish it was that easy... great idea in theory but where are we going to find an anthem that (like last night when I was watching Liverpool v Barca) can make the hairs on the back of your neck stand up... I think every team in the world would want that

Not in the slightest but I think it is being over simplified somewhat. It would be ideal if this was place at the back of the stand but those are good seats and people won't want to give them up.

To save a lot of hassle why don't they just build a new stand for those interested in a singing section?

Building a new stand for the singers?  Interesting idea and one that I have already mentioned to certain folk at the club.  We have been in the forefront of so much in the past 10 years - admission to the 'big' leagues, ground sharing in the SPL, reduced ground capacity - why should we not then be at the forefront of bringing safe standing back to Scottish clubs...  Whether they take this on board or not...

Along the lines of an anthem being adopted, I recall a while back, the full version of Highland Cathedral being adopted, but its a bit slow and useless without a full pipe band behind those singing.  Liverpools "Liiiiiiiv-er-poooool, Liiiiiiv-er-poooool" was sung a lot at last nights CL game against Barca, easily adaptable into "Innnnnn-ver-neeeeess, Innnnn-ver-neeeeess"

Maybe something by Runrig, or some other band with a rousing tune.  **** it can just be something random, maybe like 'Ring of Fire' by Johnny Cash.........  Something that we can adopt and sing along to.

From the discussions that the Supporters Trust have had with the club I know that Alan Savage is very keen to get the singing section going and I believe he will be willing to write to those people it might affect.

Under SPL rules I don't believe free seating is a possibility.  Everybody entering the ground must have an allocated seat.

I would place the singing section fairly close to the family section in the north stand.  I have noticed that the kids need little encouragement to start singing and if there was a lot of noise coming from right beside them I'm sure they would love to add to that.

Can I suggest you have a look at this similar idea from across the pond.

http://kc.wizards.mlsnet.com/t105/load.jsp...ontent=cauldron

Guest ictdave

When watching the dvd that mantis gave me about ICT there was one part in the dvd about David Balfe creating a song for ICT (Bring it on home inverness caledonian Thistle)

What happened to that song

When watching the dvd that mantis gave me about ICT there was one part in the dvd about David Balfe creating a song for ICT (Bring it on home inverness caledonian Thistle)

What happened to that song

:015: :015: :015: :015:

It's pish

I'm all for some Runrig though :004: