FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Swearing at Footie Matches

Mrs Pauliebee

Johnboy.... RESPECT!... so nice to see somebody who knows a past participle when he sees one. This can be a rare species in football when we frequently hear statements such as: "We should have saw that they would have went straight up the park and scored."

Johnboy... I don't suppose you have any ideas why, over the last four or five years, managers and players seem to have changed from the past to the perfect trense when they are describing a game AFTERWARDS? eg "McGeady has hit a great strike but MacGregor has pulled off a fantastic save."

This one has been mystifying me for a while.

Ah, I remember the Home International games against Ingerland when you could sing "Bobby Moore, superstar, walks like a woman and he wears a bra" or "Jimmy Hill he's a poof".  I guess songs like these would not be PC anymore.

im split on this one..  id never swear infornt of kids in work or away from a football crowd normally but think nothing of doing it at a match.  full of po0fs, queers and w@nkers etc are all fair game to me in a football park.. maybe i need to think about it.

what is a swear this days anyway?  to me the likes of p1sh, w@nk and even $hite dont even count to me

I guess it depends where you personally draw the line, I'm 30 but would never even say bl**dy infront

of my Mum - she's very religious and a wee stick of dynamite - I'd never hear the end of it.  I don't swear at work either,

and I hate it when people swear first thing in the morning!

However, Football is my release, for 90 mins I can shout my lungs out and go through every emotion possible.  We sit beside an elderly couple and believe me their language is worse than mine, but I'm still respectful of them.  I know where the boundaries are.  We sit together at every home game, and try to all get along.

Away matches are a completely different kettle o' fish.  It's a chance for the "singing section" that are usually seperated out at TCS to get together.  If you've been to a few footie matches, you generally know where to sit.  This woman moved her family up the top beside all the boys, her kids were loving the atmosphere and singing along.

It's a bit rich to enjoy the atmosphere people are making, then complain about the content afterwards.  If you don't like it how about singing your own songs to drown it out! :016:

remember the dundee utd match before brewster went off to aberdeen the chants that were coming from the north stand . had a little chuckle to my self and then got asked by the woman that sits just next to me what they were singing cos she couldn't make it out. the grin on her face after i told her was priceless