FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Post Split Matches

DJS

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stupid really, because it was probably worked out days ago.  :020:

try YEARS ago. The SPL have a 'fixture skeleton' and 'golden rules' that are applied to fixtures. Unfortunately, these dont work very well when you are trying to split the fixtures fairly !!! I see two SPL headaches as far as ICT fixtures are concerned.

In 05/06 we played 18 home and 20 away (2H-3A after the split) so we should get 20 home and 18 away this season as its supposed to balance out over 2 seasons. However, this season we have played 17 home and 16 away so another season with 2 homes and 3 aways would give us a perfect 19-19 split over the season but a 37-39 split over two seasons. so do they go for the 19-19 this season (which is the aim each year) or 38-38 over two seasons (which is fair). (headache #1)

The fixtures themselves should be easy to work out as the same teams are in the bottom 6 this year as were there last year (except Livi / St Mirren). Again, over the course of two seasons, the fixtures are supposed to work out as even as possible and although we have played most at home/away twice each year there are a couple where its 3-1 or 1-3.

Motherwell - 05/06=2H-2A, 06/07=1H-2A  (3H-4A over two seasons) ----- prediction HOME

Dundee Utd - 05/06=2H-2A, 06/07=2H-1A (4H-3A over two seasons) ----- prediction AWAY

Dunfermline - 05/06=1H-3A, 06/07=2H-1A (3H-4A over two seasons) ----- prediction HOME

Falkirk - 05/06=2H-2A, 06/07=2H-1A (4H-3A over two seasons) ----- prediction AWAY

St Mirren - 05/06=N/A, 06/07=2H-1A - if the SPL go for a 19-19 split of games for this season then this should be AWAY. However, if the SPL look at 05/06 and use games V Livi to do the 2 season total (V Livi in 05/06 was 1H-3A) then this may be a HOME fixture giving us a total of 38 home and 38 away over two seasons........ (headache #2)

Prediction : SPL to make it an AWAY fixture and our list to look like this (and in this order based on fixture order of first 33 games)

1. V St Mirren (A)

2. V Motherwell (H)

3. V Dundee Utd (A)

4. V Dunfermline (H)

5. V Falkirk (A)

If there hadn't been a split the fixtures would be

1. V St Mirren (A)

2. V Motherwell (H)

3. V Dundee Utd (A)

4. V Dunfermline (A)

5. V Falkirk (A)

Last season we had to play three times away to both Livi and Dunfermline so if we substitute St M for Livi that game should be at home as should the Dunfermline game. So two away and three home. Unfortunately the falkirk game will be away which is a bit of a headache for our wonderful Supporters Club committee. Whatever the permutation the split is not fair to all teams, especially where long distance travel is involved.

That would do IHE.  I've never been to a game at Dunfermline yet and a home game on the last day is just screaming out for a party.  Don't think there'll be an official one, but has that ever stopped us before.  :015:

The only bit that worries me is IHE's comment which begins 'I am reliably informed'  :015:

That would do IHE.  I've never been to a game at Dunfermline yet and a home game on the last day is just screaming out for a party.  Don't think there'll be an official one, but has that ever stopped us before.  :015:

The only bit that worries me is IHE's comment which begins 'I am reliably informed'  :015:

What you mean no official party?

Nothing to do with me.  :015: 

Not sure what's hapening, but it's really quite hard to arrange with only a few weeks notice and these things are generally not well supported. I'm sure the Supporter's Club committee are on the case and we'll hear soon what's happening.  I suppose it all depends on what the fixtures through up once they are confirmed.

Yup so that's:

21st April - ICT v Motherwell

28th April - Dundee United v ICT

5th May - Falkirk v ICT

12th May - ICT v Dunfermline

19th May - St. Mirren v ICT (Note this KO is 1pm)

I am reliably informed that ya got the first four rite Alex and it will be the Bairns at home on the final day.

Good call there as usual! :003:

Looks like I made a good call with Dunfermline returning to Inverness  :003:

Prediction : SPL to make it an AWAY fixture and our list to look like this

1. V St Mirren (A)

2. V Motherwell (H)

3. V Dundee Utd (A)

4. V Dunfermline (H)

5. V Falkirk (A)

Yup so that's:

21st April - ICT v Motherwell

28th April - Dundee United v ICT

5th May - Falkirk v ICT

12th May - ICT v Dunfermline

19th May - St. Mirren v ICT

Got the actual fixtures right, if not the order. However that raises another question ....... 37 home games in 2 seasons and 39 away games, with 3 away games after the split and ending the season with an away game for the second season running .......... shame really, especially as the SPL had the perfect opportunity to draw up a fair list.

[edited to read 37-39 not 36-40]

Is it not a 19-19 split this season or have I miscalculated??  :024: We've played 16 Home & 15 Away so far - with another 3 home ties and 4 away to come

Yes, it was me who miscalculated .... 18 home, 20 away last season, 19-19 this season.

Although the SPL try to make it 19-19 each season, they also try to look at the overall games over 2 seasons and had the opportunity to make it 38-38 instead of 37-39 by reversing the St Mirren fixture. We have played other teams 3 times at home or 3 times away in the past, so it wouldnt have been a big leap. Also, we should not be playing our last game away from home two seasons in a row.

.... think of it ...... 4000 crowd (approx) at 20 quid a head (average) .... and we are losing out on near 80 grand revenue because of this imbalance.