FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Black Suspension

kencar

Guest neksor

IB is a skilled player but he is a bit more than a petulant youth, can we afford such a player?

With a limited pool of players I suspect not!

Sell him PDQ whilst we can still get a fee for him.

Neksor

IB is a skilled player but he is a bit more than a petulant youth, can we afford such a player? With a limited pool of players I suspect not! Sell him PDQ whilst we can still get a fee for him.

Neksor

3-6 months ago I would have agreed with you and I was also one of those calling for him to be dumped when he showed his petulance in the Falkirk game.

HOWEVER, from what posters have said here over the last few weeks, it appears that he is in the process of learning his lesson and has shown he can turn the other cheek and let the ref deal with things that wind him up ... not all the time, but at least he has shown that a few times which suggests there is hope ;).

He hasnt deserved every booking he has received, some were on reputation alone, but if he can work on reducing the stupid bookings then he would be the very first name on most people's teamsheets every week. Because he appears to be trying to control his petulance he is definitely worthy of a place in our squad and I would reverse the question .... can we afford NOT to have him ... especially when we lose Dods and maybe Dargo and one or two others ?

as much as i think he needs to work on his temperment, i think than rather try and get rid of it all togethor cc should turn his agression into an attribute

we need to player who can mix it as after a few tough tackles certain players (i.e. your nakamuras, your naismiths and half the hibs team) just drift out the game

Black was very raw when he came up here.

He quickly built a reputation for petulance and a poor attitude. This was, however, balanced by his skills and ability.

Now he is clearly working on his temperament.

It won't happen overnight but he is obviously aware of his weaknesses and the need to work on them and he is progressing.

It would be foolish to dismiss him as a loose cannon and cash in when he is probably now on the verge of conquering his afflictions.

Wouldn't it be galling to see him finally achieving greatness, but with another team, because we wouldn't give him time?

well we've lost keogh and golly, if you really wanted to rip the heart and soul out of us then get rid of black too, though we'd be losing our strongest driving force in the middle of the park

itll be a while before we see another player with his potential and temper on a long term deal with ict, every effort should be made to change his reputation and not his playing style, he needs a clean slate next year

well we've lost keogh and golly, if you really wanted to rip the heart and soul out of us then get rid of black too, though we'd be losing our strongest driving force in the middle of the park

itll be a while before we see another player with his potential and temper on a long term deal with ict, every effort should be made to change his reputation and not his playing style, he needs a clean slate next year

:025:

He quickly built a reputation for petulance and a poor attitude. This was, however, balanced by his skills and ability.

It won't happen overnight but he is obviously aware of his weaknesses and the need to work on them and he is progressing.

It would be foolish to dismiss him as a loose cannon and cash in when he is probably now on the verge of conquering his afflictions.

Wouldn't it be galling to see him finally achieving greatness, but with another team, because we wouldn't give him time?

Agreed.

Nothing surer. If Black leaves of his own accord then fair enough, but if we pushed him out then I'm sure we'd seriously live to regret it.

Are you seriously saying that Keogh is a loss to the side.

we lost something by letting him go, difficult to put my finger on what exactly, he was willing to chase every ball and scrap with anyone for us, he was still a big fans favorite despite not playing for so long.  a strong defensive midfielder who gave us something coming forward in a way roy or russel never do, fully fit he wouldve been involved in the first team every week ive no doubt at all

im sure we've all heard the rumours about him being asked to leave for more than purely footballing reasons, if true then i suppose he had to go, which is a shame.

Totally agree with that, Bucket.... Ian Black is one of the brightest young prospects I've seen in years.... It is up to ICT to nurture his obvious skill & talent and get the best out of him..... His team-mates can play a big part in that, as well as CC & Donald. When & if they do sell him on in the future, it should be for a fee well into the millions......  :022:

Guest maddy

Something must be wrong when he will not take a telling either cc or dp are not hard enough on him, or he has an attitude that he is better than ICT, he is an excellent player ,but you are always worrried that he is going to get sent of and cost us the game ,if he does not toe the line up to the end of the season , i think that they should consider getting a sum for him rather than letting him sit on the bench ,or the stand

The boy is doing just fine.

It's all part of his game, it's what makes him tick. He is one of the few players who has the potential to open up defences. The bookings will continue, he will learn the hard way, but you can't take that portion of his game away or we don't then have Ian Black.

It's Ian Black Jim, but not as we know him, not as we know him ............cap'n.

aye, ye cannae change the laws of physics

The shirt throwing incident really irked me and at the time if he had never appeared for us again I wouldn't have been too bothered.  However, you have to realise the guys is talented and although it can't be used to excuse his behaviour CC and the caoching team have to try and work out a way to redirect his energy into his game, if they can do that then he has the makings of an all time great player IMO.

He's shown some improvements and perhaps this extended suspension will serve as another tough lesson for him.  Some of his bookings may come as a result of his reputation, thats just life, what he needs to do though is get out of the officials faces, pick himself up and walk away.  "On the Ball" fouls and cards you can learn to accept, but he should be getting hammered by CC for anything involving dissent and unsporting behaviour from here on in.

I think back to when Jaunjo started with us and his eagerness to fall over.  He got a hard time from the fans about it, no doubt words were had with him by the manager and other players as well.  He started using his "flare" to turn players inside out instead of looking for penalties and free-kicks.  He was a far better player for it and hopefully the same will happen with Black.

Something must be wrong when he will not take a telling either cc or dp are not hard enough on him, or he has an attitude that he is better than ICT, he is an excellent player ,but you are always worrried that he is going to get sent of and cost us the game ,if he does not toe the line up to the end of the season , i think that they should consider getting a sum for him rather than letting him sit on the bench ,or the stand

What a load of codswallop. ....not take a telling......cc or dp not hard enough. I think you'll find that Ian, as a terrier type midfielder with a reputation for chasing everything, is mostly unlucky in that his timing can be a bit off. When he gets a ref who hounds him he gets a bit angry. When someone tries to wind him up on the field, as is often the case, he gets angry. He is a young lad, learning his trade, and he makes errors of judgement. What he does NOT need is to 'take a telling' or for anyone to be hard on him. He needs, and is getting, good coaching and good support, from the people around him and from the majority of fans. Maybe a little phsycology would help, I dont know. The one thing I would not expect is for Ian to change overnight.

As for those who think we should get rid of him rather than coach him. Get a life.

As for those who think we should get rid of him rather than coach him. Get a life.

Indeed. I found some of these crackers on the old Ian Black thread post Falkirk.

Get him out of this club.  Sell him.  He does not bring enough to the team and I cannot remember the last time he finished a game without being booked.  And now with this crap happening at Falkirk I don't think we need him.

Get him out and get some cash for him.

Surely this is now the final straw for Black. He has been nothing but a liability to the club since day 1 and yet Charlie insists on playing him.

Today we went in at half time 3 goals and one man down with absolutely no chance of getting anything out of the game.

Get rid of Black now.

It's such a shame.... the guy's got so much talent... if somebody could keep him under control he would be a great asset.... 

Sadly I reckon CC & Donald have given it their best shot...... :024:

unfortuanatly, as much as i think black was maybe the best prospect this club has had since robson if not better, it is time he moved on as he has not played well since last year and his form has gone. its a real shame as he used to give us something completly different and i was a huge fan

The guys a disgrace and has to go, hard enough for a Christie team with eleven players to get the points never mind one with only ten. Not really sure who would take Black now though, hes damaged goods and his stock is falling faster than Saddam in the gallows.

Hi there, I am a diehard gers fan though i do have a wee soft spot for caley. I just wanted to say that caley would do much better with that idiot Black out of the club. He does nothing but bring disgrace to the club.

My low opinion of Black has not changed this season and I wish we had sold him when decent cash was on the table.  He has done little on the park this season and is vastly overated. 

Get him out!

I expect a friend to be along soon...

I don't buy the he's just "unlucky" line in the slightest.

You reap what you sew and if he is getting a hard time from officials then it's because his reputation precedes him.  Not saying it's right or that I agree with it, but that's the way it is and he is the one responsible for the reputation he has got himself - nobody else.

Also, if you play hard and tackle hard then you have to take the punishment when it goes wrong.  Again, nothing to do with being "unlucky" and if he wants to reduce the bookings he is picking up here then he needs to work on his timing.

It's called accountability and I think it's one of the biggest lessons Black has yet to learn.  He's plying his trade at the top level in this country and being paid a decent wage for doing it so he can't hide behind the "young lad learning his trade" line for much longer IMO.  At the moment his "wet behind the ears" antics are only just being outweighed by what he does bring to the team, time for him to grow up and mature a little as a player instead of hunting for excuses, only then will we see the best he has to offer.

I guess that's the frustrating thing in all of this, we can see the potential and even the results when he keeps his head straight, yet it is being spoiled by moments of madness in nearly every game he plays.

His reputation with officials won't disappear overnight, but these guys aren't all the b@stards we like to make them out to be.  They too will realise he's young and a bit rough around the edges in regards to his attitude, some may even think they are doing him a favour by being so tough on him, but if he shows he's making the effort then I'm sure they'll ease off on the overzealous bookings.

Black did react - he just didn't make any contact!

Is that Tokely suspended next?

I never saw him make any kind of reaction. Mainly because he had just been stamped on and was in no way getting up from it!

Guest neksor

IB did show some restraint against Dunfermline but still was lucky to escape a booking.

He verbalised to the ref too much and did lash out at Mc Manus when he was so badly fouled.

neksor