FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Inverness Cup

Robert

1 hour ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

"We found it down the back of the sofa!"

Wonder where it has been all these years.

Forres were the last winners in 2005/6 I understand, as there used to be guest teams invited to participate.

That followed 10 years when it was won by us (7) or County.

I may take the game in.

Edited by Robert

37 minutes ago, lizi said:

I’ll be there, with a Clach scarf and also an ICT scarf, so I’m bound to go home happy, either team wins !   It’ll be a good game, whatever.  

What’s the normal set up at Clach for tickets: pay at the gate?

It was pay at the gate when I went there to see Clach v Buckie (good game) and ICT playing on the following day.  

On 8/4/2023 at 10:38 PM, High1ander said:

Lizi check your private messages

• Thank You 1

39 minutes ago, Robert said:

Received an e-mail from the club this morning that confirms it is pay at the gate, £10 adults and £5 children and concessions.

It also includes various other updates. 

Yes the same here a good bit of communication 😜

• Agree 2

• tm4tj pinned and featured this topic

Inverness Cup 'Final'

The Inverness Cup has been revived and there will be a 'one off' game to decide who will look after this substantial trophy for the next year when it will all be done again between the Caley Jags and Inverness Clachnacuddin. It's a whopper of a trophy capable of holding many a dram and it was first played for in 1895 when Caledonian won the inaugural event. Last played for in season 2005-2006, Forres Mechanics are the current holders. The 'Can Cans' are the oldest association football club in the North of Scotland and are one of only two original teams to play in the Highland League since its first season in 1893, the other being Clachnacuddin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

It's the Inverness Cup this Tuesday at Grant Street Park, 7:30pm kick-off.

💸 Pay at the Gate (Cash or Card)

£10 Adults, £5 Children/Concessions

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From Am Baile: The Inverness Football Memories Project has warmly welcomed the revival of the historic Inverness Cup, which was first played for in 1895 when Caledonian lifted the trophy. Caledonian would go on to win the trophy 19 times, a record equalled by local rivals Inverness Thistle. The trophy was introduced by the Highland Football League for teams resident within the burgh of Inverness – namely Caledonian, Citadel, Clachnacuddin and Inverness Thistle.

image.jpegBoth sides have got off to a poor start in their respective league campaigns so this game will offer the managers the chance to experiment a bit. As far as Inverness are concerned maybe the opportunity to give youth an opportunity to establish themselves and also some much needed game time for those returning from injury. Adam Brooks has missed out recently with bruising and swelling so maybe he will be able to make an impact. I would expect more game time for Keith Bray and surely Cammy Mackay will get the gloves.

Anyway, it will surely be an enjoyable occasion with the added incentive of a Trophy at the end of the game. 

Usually a great surface at Grant Street. Come along and support this event.

BARRY WILSON: “We’ll make plenty changes from our last game against Ayr. It’s important for the boys who were on the bench and some of the younger boys to get game time. We’ll make plenty changes but we’ll still have a good strong squad out.”

• Like 4

A young team! Thanks for posting as otherwise it would have been hard to work out. Shaping up to be a decent crowd.

Three former players plus Hennem in the Clach team. 

Edited by Robert
  • Like 1

MacKay saves a Clach penalty after foul by left back Nixon. His second good save after keeping a great free kick out at 1-0.

Brooks missed a sitter at 1-0 but otherwise a lot of possession but not a lot of chances.

Good fun with a noisy young crowd though. 

• Like 2

• tm4tj unpinned this topic