FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Inverness Cup

Robert

Full time. 4-1. I enjoyed that. A lot of our senior players were taking the game in which was good to see.

Clach took their goal well, and by that time our defence was totally made up of youngsters.

• Like 2

Just hope I got the first scorer right!

We ended up with only MacKay, Hyde and Lodovica (and arguably Robbie Thomson) on the pitch from our first team squad, plus four from the Academy and three first year Graduates, so a creditable result in the circumstances.

Edited by Robert
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank You 2
  • Well Said 1

Good updates Robert thanks.  It was a lively game from both sides with 3 goals from Big Harry (I hope he can do the same at a higher level) Mackie's goal was a cracker and I was impressed with the performance from Robbie Thompson tonight he never gave up.

• Like 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Well Said 1

Excellent job with updates @Robert :), was there anyone the youngsters that you would say could make the step up in future :ictscarf:?

I am still looking at moving down to Inverness in the future to pursue a career in my desired outdoor nursery at either Tornagrain or Elgin (I'm sure you guys can work out what company I'm talking about) so one day I will get down to a match :P.

It's been a while so it's long overdue imho but as I keep saying, I work Saturdays in a job I am totally dedicated too plus its hard to get down from Thurso with fans, I'm not keen on going alone as I'm wary of big City's. 

• Like 1
  • Thank You 1

I enjoyed the game last night in front of a decent crowd. Big Harry looks like he will be a handful. Cammy Mackay made 2 good saves, Robbie Thompson worked hard in the middle of the park and Jack Walker looks like a future captain of the club. Hopefully the team gets a confidence boost from that going into Saturday 🙏

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, STFU said:

Enjoyable evening and I may take in a few more Clach games for my football fix this season.

If we are away and Clach are at home, I definitely plan to go along. All last night lacked for me was announcements, as that would have helped when subs came on late on when the floodlights were on. As soon as I was through the turnstiles, raffle tickets were on sale, which must increase take up. The toilets had taps that fan for more than one second so were actually usable.

Of our players, MacKay had a good game. He was helpless at the goal but had really good saves from a free kick and the penalty and dealt comfortably with everything else.

The defence lined up with Sam and A Nixon at full back and Walker alongside Duffy. Duffy was talking the youngsters through the game until he went off. Walker in particular looks a prospect and was the leader at the back after Duffy went off. I would support the positive comments about him in the squad thread.

Hyde and Thomson were in central midfield. Hyde seemed to relish the responsibility of being one of the more senior players on the pitch and was talking throughout the game, in what was the most influential performance I have seen from him. He finished the game at right back after the cramp suffered by A Nixon. As mentioned above, Thomson is comfortable on the ball and worked really hard. He looks a real prospect.

Brooks and Samuel were the wide players. I’m not sure if they are struggling for fitness still but they were less influential than I would have expected. Brooks should have scored in the first half. Hopefully there is more to come from both.

Doran was moving between midfield and attack, and was a class above everyone else on the pitch. I really don’t understand why he is not a first pick.

Lodovica took his headers well but got lucky with the penalty. He could have had a couple more. Hopefully playing the full match and scoring the hat trick has boosted his sharpness and confidence, but I’d like to see him being as influential against tougher opposition.

Of the subs, MacLeod was a straight replacement for Brooks. He seemed happy to take players on but he was on the far side so it was hard to form a clear opinion. Mackie replaced Samuels and slotted in alongside Lodovica with Doran moving to the left wing. He worked hard and wasn’t afraid to mix it, taking his goal well. Bain replaced Duffy, playing left back with A Nixon switching to right back and Sam Nixon moving to centre half with Walker. He got forward well and matched up to an opponent a foot taller than him. Thomson and Meacher came on late so there was not much time to make an impression.

We definitely have talent coming through if we can nurture it and ensure the players keep developing.

I thought Harry Hennem had a quiet game, but he’s been getting positive reviews on another Forum by Clach fans this season for his performances, and they hope his loan will be extended for the full season.

Edited by Robert
  • Like 3
  • Agree 3
  • Thank You 2
  • Well Said 3

• tm4tj unpinned this topic