FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Saturday 2nd September - Protest

Duke of Inverness

21 minutes ago, DoofersDad said:

The problem with this is that you need a mass walk in first.

Define a mass! A pile of supporters ‘walked’ during a pile of matches last season in disgust of what was on show.  It was noticeable to me in the North Shed.

Edited by big cherly

Erm, isn’t it the board that has been digging deep into their own pockets and preventing the club from going bust on several occasions over the last year or two? And you want rid of them?! 

Im pretty sure most of them would love to step back and are only there out of a sense of duty and love for the club.

The time to ask them to go is the time when there is a better alternative waiting to step in. But there isn’t.

• Disagree 1
  • Well Said 2

20 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Erm, isn’t it the board that has been digging deep into their own pockets and preventing the club from going bust on several occasions over the last year or two? And you want rid of them?! 

Im pretty sure most of them would love to step back and are only there out of a sense of duty and love for the club.

The time to ask them to go is the time when there is a better alternative waiting to step in. But there isn’t.

Apparently a  lot of that money out of a certain persons pocket is not even a board member . 

• Agree 1

52 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Fair enough.

Edited by Robert
  • Agree 1
  • Thoughtful 1

2 hours ago, ICTPaisley said:

A walk out is pretty pointless to be honest. Next suggestion please.

Yep,  Unless a hellofalot of fans partake it looks pathetic.   Better to get as many fans outside the front of the main stand at the end of the game ( right in front of directors suite window)

Last time there was a visible protest was during the demise of Brewster when some fans🤔  made up a 25 ft long banner saying 'Brewster out! '  and stood up at the A9, got lots of TV coverage.

And Brewster didn't last long afterwards!

• Agree 2
  • Thoughtful 2

5 hours ago, Yngwie said:

Fair point yngwie, however experience tells me that once there is a void or gap, someone always looks to the opportunities in that void. Could that be worse than the current lot? Hard to say; they have been anything other than a retrograde step during their reign! I wish it would be the other way, believe me!!!

At the end of the day I simply want my club to be a place I like and want to go to see my team play. I hadn’t done that for a handful of years now. 
bc

Edited by big cherly
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...