- communication  

- Disabled experience

- Car Park 

3 - Additional discussion topics from the floor 

4 - The Way forward?

5 - Round up and move onto the match 

• tm4tj pinned this topic

Here’s one for the open meeting.
As it was a nice day for football, I thought I would buy a ticket for todays match. So at 11 o’clock this morning looked up to see if I could buy a ticket online! No link open. So I called the ticket office at the stadium. Got forwarded via a recorded message to another message saying the office was unable to take my call but leave details and phone contact number and ‘they’ll call back’,

Now 1:30 and Zip! what ever happened to our club when they don’t even seem interested in selling tickets. No wonder the club is in turmoil! Oh how I miss the old turnstiles!

Last straw for me.

bc

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, big cherly said:

Here’s one for the open meeting.
As it was a nice day for football, I thought I would buy a ticket for todays match. So at 11 o’clock this morning looked up to see if I could buy a ticket online! No link open. So I called the ticket office at the stadium. Got forwarded via a recorded message to another message saying the office was unable to take my call but leave details and phone contact number and ‘they’ll call back’,

Now 1:30 and Zip! what ever happened to our club when they don’t even seem interested in selling tickets. No wonder the club is in turmoil! Oh how I miss the old turnstiles!

Last straw for me.

bc

Yes, it's very strange, especially when the club need all the money they can get. To a lesser extent, after we entered the stadium, not a raffle ticket seller in sight, that wouldn't happen at Highland League grounds. 

18 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

Yes, it's very strange, especially when the club need all the money they can get. To a lesser extent, after we entered the stadium, not a raffle ticket seller in sight, that wouldn't happen at Highland League grounds. 

The ticket seller was inside the entrance to the north stand where I bought 5 and still did not win :sad: it's been a while.

15 minutes ago, IBM said:

The ticket seller was inside the entrance to the north stand where I bought 5 and still did not win :sad: it's been a while.

They must be on the ball in the North Stand then, not so in the main stand. I've never won, but I keep plugging away when I can get a ticket, although my son won the autographed football once.

6 hours ago, Hearach said:

So what happens now?

From reading the article, nothing.

The Trust will keep banging their head against the wall by trying to speak nicely to the club.

The club will keep making the same empty promises about working to improve things and sharing information when they can that they've been saying for the last 6/7 years. 

Fans will continue to drift away and those stealing a wage will continue to do so because not enough people are willing to take a proper stand against them.

Death by a thousand cuts

• Agree 3
  • Well Said 1

1 hour ago, STFU said:

From reading the article, nothing.

The Trust will keep banging their head against the wall by trying to speak nicely to the club.

The club will keep making the same empty promises about working to improve things and sharing information when they can that they've been saying for the last 6/7 years. 

Fans will continue to drift away and those stealing a wage will continue to do so because not enough people are willing to take a proper stand against them.

Death by a thousand cuts

Most fans now at least can see how bad and destructive they are to the club and board members alike . Individually I bet a lot of think the same,   so hopefully for the good of our club changes happen soon and stop this charade that has been brought to the club  

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, tm4tj said:

The Courier have missed the point. The fans want Gardiner out. The disconnect, as frustrating as it is, is just a smokescreen.

Of course they have.  They've been pedalling the "it's on field problems making fans unhappy" line since the beginning and ignoring the growing discontent at off field inactivity.  They have, in effect, been doing Gardiner's job for him when it comes to deflecting accountability.  Unfortunately the newest Director also seems content to do the same and thinks a couple of wins will fix everything.

• Agree 4

4 hours ago, tm4tj said:

The Courier have missed the point. The fans want Gardiner out. The disconnect, as frustrating as it is, is just a smokescreen.

Thank you for saying what was needed. We can play with words round the edges of the main problem which is simply SG isn’t trusted (I hope), by the bulk of the fans that look beyond the next match.
The press will fall in line with the SG mantra and belittle and dilute the ST message and angst as a noisy minority and to be ignored. 

I’ve spouted my drivel reasons for not joining the ST, but that’s not to say I don’t respect them as the main voice of the fans! - I just believe with their voting allocation, they should be more vigorous in challenging the direction the club is taken.

That now said, the fans that care more than just turning up faithfully and enjoying the fare, need to decide (to use STFU’s poster), “What are you going to do”

Question for me is what type of contract is SG on (fixed or rolling). What is considered success or failure, and who measures / decides this measure and when.

For me SG is only interested in himself, ICT is just a tool to,

1) Continue to provide a secure contract and handsome salary, (probably a clause where he gets a sack of gold if paid off early)?

2) Provide him the platform to (in his mind) move on to greater things.

Now SG may get lucky and secure some manager that, magic wand like, turns us into something we’re not, and we win promotion in a year or two.

More likely we arrest the decline on the park and we avoid relegation, (can we dump if we are relegated ?). Not sure what will happen of the park, but look for a new SLO that promises a new dawn in comms and jam tomorrow! 

If really comes down to the fans. Plod on and hope for the best (with SG’s vision and control), or secure enough support to come up with a way to get the bulk of the fans behind them to force the Board or other board members to publicly question SG’s performance and expected targets for this and next season!

We can’t leave it or expect the press to publish anything that would upset their cosy access arrangements with the current Club hierarchy!

bc

Edited by big cherly
  • Agree 1
  • Well Said 3

• tm4tj unpinned this topic