FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dargo's Dilemma

Dargo20

"Just imagine, you could end up in Dundeh eating peh, in a flat with a view of the murky teh."

Just to clear up a small gramatical error Alex,when using the Dundee venacular,words ending in the i sound become "eh" i.e. pie=peh,lie=leh,sky =skeh, Tay stays as Tay as their is no i sound in it, also Dundee stays as Dundee .........(tongue in cheek smiley inserted)

Lessons here

'Ach awan shufful yoo iy!' :tic01:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure he goes away on holiday today, so I had thought he might have made his mind up by now.  It's a risky game.  If he waits for another offer, which might not come, he may lose out on the offer he has from ICT.  Although we seem very keen to keep him, we can't wait forever.  He keeps saying it's a big decision at this time of his career, as this could be his last major contract, but it's time to make that decision.

I hope he stays and unless he has anything else definitely on the table, I think we'll manage to keep him. Fingers crossed

As far as Dargo's future is concerned, he will be out of contract and without a an income on friday. I can't help think that he will come to a decision, one way or the other, within the next few days.

:clapping03:  Well done Sherlock....  :016: :015:

We hope that he knows how well he is appreciated up here. OK the home crowds aren't exactly the loudest or the biggest but it would be great, fantastic, brilliant if he decided to stay.

At the end of the day he will make the decision that suits him best, but we are sat with fingers crossed hoping he will have an ICT shirt on for the new season.

If he goes well we will have to get behind the remainder of the team.  

Well I hope for Craig's sake that this isn't the case.  I really don't see that as a good move. Obviously I would like him to stay in Inverness, but if he has to go, I would rather it was anywhere rather than the Arabs.

It's a brilliant move for Craig if it were true.

He would strike the right balance between more money and regular first team football. He'd be a first teamer there no doubt, unlike Brown at Celtic.

That would be offset by the difference in their wages (Brown v Dargo) although I'd imagine that he would be on more at United than he could ever get here sadly.

Therefore, more money than at ICt plus the chance to play regular first team football - looks like a good move. Lets hope he doesn't go for it though!

Are you saying Dargo would struggle for first team football here?

No. What I am saying is that if a player moves from us to a team like say St. Mirren or Falkirk they might not be getting that much more in terms of wages but will get first team football just like they do here. Perhaps not a great move.

If a player moves to Celtic, see Mark Brown, they stand little chance of getting first team football but have a nice fat wage packet. A good move depending how you want to look at it.

If a player went to Dundee United (in this case) they will get first team football, just like they do here, and will get a much better contract to go with it. It's basically a win win situation.

Also CC did say that the offer on the table wasnt going to be matched by anyone outside of the old firm.

Do you believe that?

:clapping03: Honestly didn't see it as a good move.  Sounds like we have made him a really good offer and he does like Inverness.  So fingers crossed, although the longer he takes to make a decision the less likely I think he is to stay. 

Caley demand Dargo decision

Mon 04 Jun, 12:45 PM

Inverness have urged Craig Dargo to make up his mind about their new contract offer after his previous deal expired.The club are keen to keep the 29-year-old striker at the Tulloch Caledonian Stadium, but he has been linked with Motherwell and Bournemouth, and his previous deal expired last week.

Caley Thistle want an answer from Dargo as soon as possible, in case they need to make alternative plans for next season.

Inverness director of football Graeme Bennett said: "It's frustrating but we have no idea what's happening.

"Manager Charlie Christie reached Dargo by phone on Friday before Charlie went off on holiday and was told [the announcement of his decision] would be Monday or Tuesday.

"In fairness, we need to know as soon as possible."

Word has it that Craig Levein would rather sign Mark de Vries who played for him both at Hearts and Leicester and will only move for Dargo if he can't persuade de Vries to take a cut in pay to move to Tannadice.

The same word mentioned in my link above?  :004:

It would appear that Craig Dargo decision will be based on the best financial offer he recieves which at present is the one on the table from ICT.

Motherwell, Falkirk and Dundee Utd could not match this offer. The only worry will be if an English Championship side come on for him as only

the Old Firm can compete financially with them but remember what his agent said especially his final statement.

CRAIG Dargo's agent last night insisted the striker could still stay with Caley Thistle, despite rival SPL clubs attempting to lure him away from Inverness.

David Baldwin, who works for London-based Base Soccer Agency, will hold talks with Dargo as soon as possible in a bid to sort out the 29-year-old's future.

Dargo's current Caley Thistle contract expired Friday, but with Baldwin having been away on business in America and the former Kilmarnock forward currently enjoying a short break, a definitive decision has yet to be made.

The player's agent, however, did confirm that one SPL club had submitted an offer to secure Dargo services, while a couple of other teams from Scotland's top flight have intimated their interest in the striker.

Baldwin refused to be drawn on the SPL side who had made the offer, but Motherwell are believed to be one of the sides monitoring Dargo's situation with great interest. Falkirk, who had previously been linked with a move for Dargo, are understood to no longer be tracking the player.

"Whenever I've spoken to Craig he has always talked fondly about Caley Thistle and you can tell he's really enjoyed his time at the club," said Baldwin, whose company client list also includes the likes of Celtic forward Kenny Miller, Everton striker Andy Johnson, Leeds hitman David Healy and Welsh international Robert Earnshaw.

"He knows that he runs the risk of perhaps going elsewhere and it not working out whereas he has the option of re-signing for a club that wants him, while the fans have really taken to him.

"Sometimes it can be a case of better the devil you know, but the first task is to talk to Craig as soon as possible to see what he wants to do. Inverness have made him a very good offer and he is grateful for that, so he has a lot to think about. However, no matter what his decision is he will speak to Inverness first to give them the opportunity of having first refusal on him."

The danger for Craig is that he will find himself in a 'lose, lose situation'. Sooner or later whatever he does will be wrong. I do not envy him because after a modest career he really found a new level at ICT and any new move might pay more money but be a poisoned chalice. That aside, we must move on as a club and Craig will be forced into a decision. Thank goodness he's not normally like this in front of goal.

Guest WynessLegend

If he does stay it will be interesting to see how he copes with the expectation associated with being our highest paid player.