FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Classic Moments of 2006/07 - Off The Park

CaleyD

Every season has it's "Classic Moments" which occur on the field of play, be it a superb goal, a lucky goal, something stupid done by a player or an official and most of these get recorded within the weekly Match Reports etc.

I thought it would be an idea to start a wee thread about those moments which occur "Off the Park" among fans, between fans of opposing teams, on your way to or from the match etc.  They can be moments instigated by on the field events but that must not be the main feature.

The one for me for this season was the chanting of Sebo, especially on our trip to Ibrox.  He was subbed on to the park and the ICT fans started chanting his name.  The "Classic Moment" was when you looked round at the Rangers fans and they were all staring back in bewilderment wondering WTF was going on.  :001:

Was dragged along by a friend to see the motherwell v rangers match at ibrox and as the usuals left in their droves about 10 minutes from the end, the motherwell fans chanting "where are the people" was pritty class.

From an ict point of view, just watching the footage of Barry Ferguson's face when he won the penalty against us, then watching his face as he storms of the field, just tooooo good.

Although getting Le Guen Sacked was quite the achievment.

Guest kingkojak

it was the first time we met chris123 and his mate...

it was the day we were playing hearts at tynie when scotland were chasing the egg with wales. 

had the bobbies not thrown me out at half time (unjustly i might add)  i would never have met the hearts fan outside (cant remember his name) and would never have had such a great time with all the hearts boys in the pub after the match.  they will surely remember that day as it was apparently the first and only time that two rival supporters were allowed into the hearts social club!

soon as they told us that the jackets came off, the colours were shone and the caley songs started.... pure class. 

it was by far the best away trip i have ever had

although you can guaranatee we wouldnt have been so welcome if we had won...

the trip back into princess street was just as memorable - we were surrounded by welsh fans who all joined in with a continous rendition of....

'oh inverness, is wonderful...

its a classic   :021: :021:

(the sebo chant also definatley makes the top 5 for this season!)

1. Losing a shoe in a drunken walk home after the our visit to Pittodrie at the beginning of the season.

2. Running about Stockholm with my ICT top after getting a text message to say we had beaten Rangers 1-0. Was a little bit pissed too, which helped

3. Seeing the Rangers fans faces in the pub when Rankin's shot hit the back of the net. A good 40-50 of them, with me being the only ICT fan. Still didn't stop me leaping to my feet and celebrating rather loudly :)

I thank you for the mention... i was in the right place at the right time with the right pathetic look....err by the way, where is the aforementioned person these days?

With regards to off the park highlights, the pre-Celtic cup game 'warm up ' at the dodgy arms in Mannies hoose was pretty well up there..

Pre match at the Innes is always enjoyable as me an me mate see how late we can consume alcohol and still make kick off, that is unless Calum nicks me feckin barman taxi  :008:

I thank you for the mention... i was in the right place at the right time with the right pathetic look....err by the way, where is the aforementioned person these days?

Think he's eloped wi FW,rumour has it they are curently engaged on a film project to produce the latest Carry On fim wi Johnboy taking Sid James place and FW as Barbera Windsor to be named "Carry on up the Caley"

ooooooeeerrr missus