FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Who should Barry get for his testimonial

Guest macgint71

Guest macgint71

Just thought that I'd open it up to ask the fans who they would like to see come up and play Caley for Barrys testimonial. I believ that a select XI from Man Utd are playing Dunfermline so maybe that would be an idea.

Would like to see a big crowd as there is nothing worse than a tiny support to honour our long serving players

i am sure i heard on the jungle drums that there is a good chance alan shearer could be involved after the two of them met doing there coaching licenses. perhaps we could get the toon up. there fans aer mad for it and would prove a nice wee fixture i bet

Wasn't aware he was due one. I thought ten years with one club was the norm to qualify.

He will have done his ten years.  Seems a break doesn't count and he will indeed have a testimonial year.  I think we will see a big fixture.  :001:

If Barry is indeed having a testimonial then I for one look forward to the fun and games. Hope he doesn't ask Charlie Bannerman to make speeches though :015: (sorry Charles).

Barry is someone who has been, like Rossco, a stalwart for this club and thoroughly deserves the recognition and financial support a testimonial will bring. I also, sincerely, hope he is involved with ICT for many years to come and that his example of professionalism and dedication will rub of on many young stars of the future.

Oh! and Barry I forgive you your period of insanity when you chose to holiday in West Lothian for a spell.

Wilson is a Caley Thistle legend and deserves a testimonial for his ten years of service to the club. But looking back on his career, i feel that never really fulfilled the potential he had. 'Professionalism and dediction' are relatively new attributes for Barry, and i never could understand why he was playing in the third division when he was twenty-five. Anyway, it was us who benefited from this. and  correct me if i'm wrong but i think Barry played in all of our promotion winning teams.

Sometimes he was fat, sometimes he was lazy, but he has always been total class.

I too forgive him for holidaying in West Lothian - mainly because it meant he was playing in the SPL where he should have spent his whole career.

But i still can't forgive him for that t-shirt..............

Bristol Rovers would be a dream tie for me............BRFC doing a pre season tour in Scotland in July Cowdenbeath,Dunfirmline & Airdrie i believe.

Not the most glamorous opposition i suppose. But proper.

manchester united the best team in england

sure the chairman would be happy with that ...... but bear in mind, the bigger the team, the less money Barry might make as most teams will require payment in some form or another for things like making an appearance, hotels, travel costs etc .... this is standard practice in friendlies and cant see it being any different for a testimonial unless the opposing team waive any fees etc.

he won't go wrong with George Thorogood & the Destroyers superb hard drivin blues, don't miss it........

Check out his bit on the Live Aid Video/DVD..........with Albert Collins, absolutely brilliant............rockness, GIRUY

Guest sophia

I think he should get Leeds United, Leeds where coincidentally I saw George Thorogood and the Destroyers strutting their stuff over 25 years ago.

I am reliably informed that Newcastle United have already agreed.

2 responses to that......

1:- please please please let that be true. they used to be my english team when i was at school and also it would mean that i was right too. :rolleyes02: :blah01: (see higher up thread)

2:- please please please dont let iot be till after i get back from the desert in august cos i would give my right B*LL*CK to see that one :crazy07: