FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

work permit

big man

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that everyone is working hard to get this through, but yesterday I overheard someone saying I hope you get your work permit soon and his 'agent?' replied that he WILL get it. He was very confident it will happen - eventually.

Guest TinCanFan

I'm beginning to feel now that it might have been a waste of time signing Hagi and Popsecue as scouts because what good are they if the players cannot come.

In deciding whether a work permit will be issued a number of criteria including international appearances, etc are normally taken into account to decide whether one should be granted. This includes consideration of the impact the person would have in the chosen vocation (i.e. is he better than most in that field).

Very often this initial 'ticking the box' exercise leads to an initial refusal due to some of the criteria not being met. As DJS mentions, an appeal then is made with further background information being provided and any extenuating circumstances being advised, which leads to a tribunal being held which considers this information.

In some cases (hopefully this one) the tribunal is a matter of procedure and simply delays the permit being issued. A number of players in both the Premiership and SPL have been through this process before and their teams have been equally as frustrated. Unfortunately much of this is new to ICT and we may not be quite as sharp as some teams (hence the phonecall to the local DWP Office last week asking how the clubs goes about these things!)

Guest TinCanFan

I'm beginning to think that we may never see Niculae in an ICT shirt and if ICT knew about these restrictions then why did they bother looking in Romania for these players when they could have gone for players just as good from the likes of Poland. 

Here is another example of a similar situation which recently came good in the end.  If ICT go about things properly there is a good chance this should come to a satisfactory conclusion.

Click

Guest TinCanFan

If these restrictions are on Romanian and Bulgarian players then how come Celtic managed to get Petrov and he is now playing for Man City with no trouble at all?  Or does it have something to do with Bulgaria not being in the EU at that time or is it to do with how many games he has played?

If these restrictions are on Romanian and Bulgarian players then how come Celtic managed to get Petrov and he is now playing for Man City with no trouble at all?  Or does it have something to do with Bulgaria not being in the EU at that time or is it to do with how many games he has played?

Oh. My. God.

Ah, TinCanFan, for one so young you ask a lot of questions, more questions than we have answers for, soon you will be the most knowledgeable TinCanFan in the Universe.............until then use google. :comp01: :comp04: :rules03: or as Jeeves.

Alas I have no answer to the conundrum........................but....................

When you are the font of all knowledge we will then seek advice from you :teacher01: :teacher02: and you can carry out all investigations for all the web forums in the Universe :sherlock: and Canada :cdn: we will be at your mercy :chainsaw:

one day, one day you will know when the time is right......... :eggtimer: :drinking09:

It will be the dawn of a new era :kermit: frogs will rule the earth :globe: and pink elephants will be in abundance :drinking05: Mars will align with Jupiter :alien06: Mike Smith will get the car park clear in ten minutes after the Rangers game :steward: :tank: Marius Nicolae will have his permit :rules06: and Immortal Howden Ender will have the Celtic tatoo wipped from his erse :moon2: and you will be the overseer of all planets :allhail: but for now............

just keep asking questions :bighug:

I would imagine that gaining over seventy caps for Bulgaria may have something to do with that

Niculae doesn't meet the criteria for gaining a work permit automatically due to his lack of recent international appearances. For that reason the initial application was never going to succeed.

However, any appeal tribunal are able to employ much greater discretion and I believe that he will be granted a permit on appeal which should not take longer than another week or so.

Our Chief Executive or whoever was resposible for advising in relation to the initial application appears to have been somewhat naive in apparently not realising that the application would certainly be refused in the first instance. Perhapsa the club could have been a little quicker off the mark.

no-one has actually said it has been denied, merely that it was taking longer ?

I havent been able to find the documentation to prove this one way or the other, but it has been suggested to me that the international football criteria for Romanian and Bulgarian applications is null and void and that the permit doesnt hinge on this. However, the application may be more complicated (and therefore take longer to process) depending on his contract ...... from what we have heard he has a footballing contract that doesnt break the wage scale and this would suggest that his top-up contract may be coming directly from the Chairman's company. In effect he would have two employers and would need to be granted status for each 'position' ....

ok Kingsmills - thanks for clearing that up. as i said, I couldnt find anything online to back up that suggestion so wasnt sure ....

however - I still havent heard anyone say it has been denied and we need to appeal, just that its taking a long time .... does anyone know the current status for sure ?

AS far as I am aware the initial application was refused but that was inevitable due to the fact that he doesn't meet the automatic qualifying criteria as far as recent international appearances are concerned.

That means that the appeal process has been triggered which , all things considered, taking into account how similar cases have been dealt with in the past, is likely to result in the permit being granted.

Kingsmills, I wished I shared your confidence on the granting of a permit.  I fear that it will take a considerable time for the appeal to take place; and may well end not in our favour.  Here's hoping that I'm wrong on both counts.

Does the club have a plan B if the permit is not granted ie are they going to look for another forward - even with the arrival of Dean we are still light on forwards.

The permit application is a questionairre and we couldn't tick all the right boxes even if we wanted to. Jason Scotland plays for Trinidad and Tobago and I doubt they're in the FIFA top 70.

Niculae will be granted a permit as he has a job lined up that is difficult for his prospective employers to fill to their satisfaction.

End of.

Jason Scotland plays for Trinidad and Tobago and I doubt they're in the FIFA top 70.

Actually, after a reasonably successful Gold Cup they are 65th ... but to be fair, Scotland was signed before that ....

To be accurate about Jason Scotland, Dundee United were initially granted a work permit for him despite his not meeting the automatic criteria that permit was, as they all are, subject to periodic renewal and the principal reason why it wasn't renewed was because United had very rarely played him in the starting eleven in the previous season.