FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The case for Brewster

As he has already got the job we may as well start looking at his positives:

1. His training and diet regimes had our team playing at the height of their capabilities.

2. Many of the players will welcome him back and will "play" FOR him.

3. Niculae WILL benefit. Niculae is a Brewster-esque type of player - but potentially better. If he plays in the old Brew role, as coached by the man himself, he could be a major asset. At the moment he doesnt fit into the system or vice versa.

I am reliably informed that these are the reasons - especially 3.

I have not posted on this site for a **** of a long time but the thought of Brewster returning has got to me  To put it simply, he can get to FECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He left after all the loyalty rubbish and then made a complete mess at United.

Brewster  :33:

Well said QB!

Dull uninspiring unambitious choice, will make a lot of people angry (including myself)

I think this thread should be renamed Taxi for Brewster......

Just wondering, does the club shop still have a stock of those pink "Brewster's Babes" t-shirts? Or did they get punted off to Tannadice in the back of Proctor's car?

LMAO!

Although I'd also prefer Brewster to return I think he's probably the best choice out of the 3 previous managers if one of them is going to get the job (Warnock is just a pipedream me thinks).

He also made a great signing in Dargo.

Realistically if Warnock is out of the equation who would you rather take the job than Brewster bearing in mind it will be VERY hard to attract a lot of guys up here?

its seems pretty certain brew will get it and i for one hope bennet and co. read this forum and this threat in particualr because i want them to know from me personally that i will be extremely disappointed in thier small minded thinking and want them to make a apology for all the fans who obviously wasted their time at the meeting last night!

The only case I want to see for Brewster is one of the 'suit' variety so we could watch it sliding down the luggage belt as he heads for the departure lounge at Dalcross

What really puzzles me is the fact there are so many supporters who favour Brewster.

I understand the reasoning of folk who don't want him back because of the 'loyalty' issue but the real concern for me is purely the footballing side.

As mentioned elsewhere there seems to be a real better-the-devil-you-know mentality being shown by some fans.

If Brewster hadn't been our manager before and was being judged purely on his DUFC record how could anyone possibly take him seriously.

Time and again I hear how fit he got the team. Are we really that unfit now? Fair enough if the team they can run all day but without tactics and a gameplan to back that up it doesn't really matter

Other arguments I've heard coming from the Pro-Brewster camp are

1.) How organised we were! Fair enough we were but it was dull as **** to watch. Trying to beat teams on the counter attack at home produced truly rubbish football to watch. It was a great idea away from home and worked well but it seemed to be our ONLY tactic

2. He's more experienced now!! Aye at losing :023:

3.) He wouldn't be so quick to leave us again. This is the one that truly stumps me. The nature of football is that the better you do the higher up the food chain you go whether that be as a player or manager. If you are doing well you attract attention from bigger fish that's always been the way of it and always will.  If he's doing well there is no way that Brewster would turn down a move to say Celtic or Rangers is they came knocking 18 months down the line

Guest TinCanFan

We need a real manager to keep ICT in the SPL.  Warnock is the man, I believe who can do that not Craig "I can't manage" Brewster .

Just wondering, does the club shop still have a stock of those pink "Brewster's Babes" t-shirts? Or did they get punted off to Tannadice in the back of Proctor's car?

I've still got mine  :004:  Never throw anything away, you just never know when it might come in handy.  :015: :015: :015:

I just had a nasty message confirming that he is the man.  Can someone confirm this confirmation?

Yes - three feckin months ago - and I can also confirm that Donald Park will resign and Duncan Shearer will be appointed in his place - also three months ago.