FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Jobs worths

Fanoffooty

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot believe the victim mentality thing that is going on here.

The contract is that you buy a ticket for a seat and that is the end of the matter.

It is not a free for all.

To take the unilateral decision to grab a seat that somebody has paid for is a recipe for aggro. What do you expect to happen?

Why do the ?singers? have to sit so closely together anyway?

The Pied Piper has been the architect of his own misfortune.

By publicly declaring prior to the game that the rules were going to be pushed, did he not think that attention was going to be drawn?

His savage criticism of our new striker may well have drawn even more focus.

The club is at a new high tide with prospects, if the investment is there, of a further rise and this board is hung up on a battle that baffles this poster.

What is the agenda?

I cannot believe the victim mentality thing that is going on here.

The contract is that you buy a ticket for a seat and that is the end of the matter.

To take the unilateral decision to grab a seat that somebody has paid for is a recipe for aggro. What do you expect to happen?

Why do the ?singers? have to sit so closely together anyway?

The Pied Piper has been the architect of his own misfortune.

By publicly declaring prior to the game that the rules were going to be pushed, did he not think that attention was going to be drawn?

His savage criticism of our new striker may well have drawn even more focus.

The club is at a new high tide with prospects, if the investment is there, of a further rise and this board is hung up on a battle that baffles this poster.

What is the agenda?

You just dont understand do you?

Why do the ?singers" have to sit so closely together

Once the game has kicked off & there happens to be empty seats available , are we not allowed to move to them if we choose ? also i'm sure members of the singing section wouldve been happy to  move if they were found to be sitting on a latecomers seat ,

I think the reason the singers like to sit closely together in order to create a bigger impact rather than be dotted about different parts of the stadium ( 1 voice on its own tends to get lost in the crowd  :D)

Slightly OT and maybe worth a new thread but I would like to know why fans were sitting in uncovered areas of the Main Stand on Saturday?

SPL rules state that you must have 6,000 covered seats, tickets for these areas must all be sold before people can be sold seats in the uncovered areas of the stadium.

Can anyone explain why ICT were flouting these rules and why the stewards and police did nothing about it?

Given that the attendance was well below the 6,000 mark no one should have been given tickets for the end wings of the Main Stand and no one should have been sitting there either.

Slightly OT and maybe worth a new thread but I would like to know why fans were sitting in uncovered areas of the Main Stand on Saturday?

SPL rules state that you must have 6,000 covered seats, tickets for these areas must all be sold before people can be sold seats in the uncovered areas of the stadium.

Can anyone explain why ICT were flouting these rules and why the stewards and police did nothing about it?

Given that the attendance was well below the 6,000 mark no one should have been given tickets for the end wings of the Main Stand and no one should have been sitting there either.

Maybe they were complimentary tickets :024:

Was sitting 2 rows in front of the "offender" in the main stand on Saturday (will also point out my season ticket is for the north stand) and heard what the steward was saying to him.  At first the steward trying to be his mate and saying "you just can't be sitting anywhere"  I was laughing as we were just sitting anywhere!  Also thinking does it really matter where you sit, as the club have already said its fine to have a North Stand ticket and sit in the "singing section"     Once the offender had pointed out a similar theme to this to the steward,  the steward then said it was an offence to be under the influence of alcohol in a football stadium.  Now in my opinion the "offender" certainly wasn't drunk but merry,  the sort of state you want to be in,  in a football stadium!   After that the next I saw he was getting his name taken and dissappeared.

Seriously what are the club doing,   I agree that people can't be sitting in other season ticket holders seats,  that is only common sense.   But when there are clearly spare seats where no one is sitting, whats the problem.  I don;t totally agree with a singing section but if you have to have one, set up a section in the North Stand before the season starts for it and use the seats down the side accross from the main stand for old firm fans and hope it rains!!

Anyway back to the club,  if your going to be this hard on standing etc for home fans,  you have to show the same level of stupidity to away fans (which they don't) and that really p1sses me off,  because they won't dare do it to Old Firm/Aberdeen fans because the stewards are too scared.  Its easy to throw little kids out who don't know any better,  but when its some sectarian biggot spouting bile about Catholics and who won't sit down its a whole different ball game to the stewards and ultimatley the club and it just isn't fair.

Finally do we have that big a support that we can afford to lose fans for nonsense like this?  Crowd was pretty low on Saturday, the team are doing they're bit,  the fans are starting to do they're bit,  but now its the club letting them down!!!

I would have to agree that I am a silly old fool and I should have had more sense. I reacted to being wound up. I came in through the Main Stand and made my way to the North Stand - only to be sent back to the Main Stand. The steward involved told me that he had been asked to make life as awkward as possible for me. I sat in the Main Stand and the lad who was sitting with me told me that he had paid in at the North Stand. He gave me his North Stand ticket and I made my way to the North Stand. I was stopped and asked to return to the Main Stand. I then made the mistake of refusing and asked to speak to the police. They advised me to go back to the Main Stand and I said I would rather leave the ground. They then arrested me for being drunk in the stadium. I was hancuffed and put in the cells - but I was released two hours later.

The old fool has learned his lesson - the hard way as ever - and my ego is shattered. I feel ashamed and disgraced but I am also very angry at Mike Smith becos it is clear to me that I was targetted from the word go.

Fair play to you IHE for that post. What p1sses me off more than anything is that you made a 700 mile round trip and missed one of the best ICT performances you will ever see! Given your love of the club, I would much rather be reading about your thoughts on the match  than all this other bollox.

Yes, it sounds like you were targetted from the word go, but your cleverest response to that would have been to be on your best "Sunday School" behaviour (with a smug grin, of course). Hopefully you'll do that next time (assuming they haven't banned you too!)

I would have to agree that I am a silly old fool and I should have had more sense. I reacted to being wound up. I came in through the Main Stand and made my way to the North Stand - only to be sent back to the Main Stand. The steward involved told me that he had been asked to make life as awkward as possible for me. I sat in the Main Stand and the lad who was sitting with me told me that he had paid in at the North Stand. He gave me his North Stand ticket and I made my way to the North Stand. I was stopped and asked to return to the Main Stand. I then made the mistake of refusing and asked to speak to the police. They advised me to go back to the Main Stand and I said I would rather leave the ground. They then arrested me for being drunk in the stadium. I was hancuffed and put in the cells - but I was released two hours later.

The old fool has learned his lesson - the hard way as ever - and my ego is shattered. I feel ashamed and disgraced but I am also very angry at Mike Smith becos it is clear to me that I was targetted from the word go.

Ashamed and disgraced???

Isn't that what you set out to achieve - me thinks there is a not so hidden agenda here.

I would come within the sweety rustler group, I think the singing section is a great idea and it does create a great atmosphere. I understand the frustration of the section, I was at the  game when the west stand was opened for the first time , I felt then the stewards particularly the supervisor went over the top, but I also felt that  the young guys raised to the bait and did themselves more harm than good.

I also feel that making statements like if you have a seat in section G we are taking over is also over the top as one contributer indicated in this forum, there must be a middle road that would satisfy all concerned after all we are all here to support caley thistle and not the supporters baiting the stewarts and the stewarts baiting the supporters. As for the kilted one I am sure he was ejected the very first time the singing section came together in the east stand. A bit long winded but what would you expect from a sweety rustler.

Enjoy the beautiful game because that is what we are  creating at the moment.

Keep singing the team deserve it. :021: :021: :021:

IHE is by no means an angel - and to some of us that's part of his charm -  :-*

We really need to figure out a way to move this forward though - especially when it's distracting from performances on the pitch!

Russell Duncan - what a feckin peach!!!!!!!!!

Mrs PB

IHE is by no means an angel - and to some of us that's part of his charm -  :-*

We really need to figure out a way to move this forward though - especially when it's distracting from performances on the pitch!

Russell Duncan - what a feckin peach!!!!!!!!!

Mrs PB

Well said - I totally agree

I would have to agree that I am a silly old fool and I should have had more sense. I reacted to being wound up. I came in through the Main Stand....

The old fool has learned his lesson - the hard way as ever - and my ego is shattered. I feel ashamed and disgraced......

Jeeezus Johndo....

You've obviously been got at here.... Did they inject you with something...??

:024:

For once in his life (or maybe a few more times than that) I think you will find that the post attributed to the "web persona" called Immortal Howden Ender [iHE], is actually from the "real person", Johndo.

He has not come on blaming everyone but himself for the situation he found himself in, he has put his hands up to his behaviour being a reaction to what was said to him especially given his apparent selection as a person who should be targetted for removal. I am sure he is also big enough and ugly enough to deal with whatever repercussions there may be.

Plenty of people have expressed support for him and have borne witness as to their opinion of his demeanour, behaviour, and level (or lack thereof) of intoxication. If Johndo has been charged, I would caution people to be careful in what is said as it is a 'criminal matter' until such time as it has been dealt with. Moderators can and will edit/remove postings if required in the same way as we had to do with both the Richie Hart and the recent Arbroath incidents. I would recommend that you contact Johndo privately if you have anything legitimate to say to him that could be used in his defence rather than openly state it on here.

I recall a very helpful steward at Celtic Park telling fans as they came in, whilst directing us to our seats, saying that once the match kicks off that we were free to move seats to those that were unoccupied.

The guy was very helpful, and was everything one wants in a steward.

i've got an idea for the supporters trust.

would it be possible for the supporters trust to ask the board (especially mr savage) if it is possible for the start of next season (2008/2009) that the seinging section get a section to themselves in the north stand? (which the majority of the people in the singing section want)

if this is unable to happen could the board look at two other possibilties:

1) put a roof on th west stand and make it a stand only for th singing section?

or

2) build a new west stand (like the main stand at ross county). this means 1 half of the pitch will be used for away fans, more seating for old firm fans. also the home side of the new stand could be used as the family section. not only will the family section have new and better viewing seats but they will also be far away from the bad language of the north stand. potentially section G and section H could be used as a singing section which would mean that the large number of people that were singing on tuesday night will be a more common ocurrence.

obviously idea number 1) is a cheaper idea than idea number 2), but atleast idea number 2) has a far greater potential of helping th club economically in the future. i.e. more old firm fans coming to inverness

I recall a very helpful steward at Celtic Park telling fans as they came in, whilst directing us to our seats, saying that once the match kicks off that we were free to move seats to those that were unoccupied.

The guy was very helpful, and was everything one wants in a steward.

helpful stewarding at Celtc park??? :crazy07: :crazy07:

that's a first.  remember them on one occasion throwing out a 14 year old for looking at the top tier to the right of the away section where his cousin was sitting....

and then there was the time when we left last season after losing when a steward started on about us not been so super now...  another team and comments like he made could have caused a riot.  complaint made - no response.  stewards at CP are employed by the club not be crock steady...

Fair play IHE you were clearly singled out and that was unfair but you played into the hands of those responsible by rising to the bait.

How about a slightly more subtle approach next time ?

Yeah... and a disguise!

Fair play IHE you were clearly singled out and that was unfair but you played into the hands of those responsible by rising to the bait.

How about a slightly more subtle approach next time ?

Yeah... and a disguise!

he always wears a disguise,no-ones ever seen the frightingly terrifying ihe in the flesh(thank feck) :rotflmao: :015: :rotflmao: :015: