FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Who is the most overated SPL player?

Guest TinCanFan

Guest TinCanFan

Who is the most overated player in the SPL?  In my opinion, it has to be between the useless Jan Venegoor of Hesselink and Nakamura.  Never understood why people loved Nakamura so much, sure he's good at free kicks but what else does he do?  Nothing.  And then there's Barry Ferguson, who I've never really rated either.

Me and a mate were having this discussion this morning actually... He's a Rangers fan and reckons Barry Ferguson is "world class".

Thats laughable if you ask me! I've only ever seen one performance from Ferguson where you'd say he actually made a difference! (first game of this season!)

Barry Ferguson is an excellent player.  Easily one of the SPL's best.  And, if you actually look at his career, he was excellent for Blackburn too.  Most Man-of-the matches in the games he played, plus named captain.  Unfortunately, rumours often get in the way of facts.

Last season, Nakamura was sheer quality but has been a passenger this, as he's never fully recovered from injury.

Jackie McNamara has been a huge disappointment.  It's obvious that injuries have meant an early end to his top-flight career but no-one seems to have noticed it yet.

Aidan McGeady!!!!!

Defenders have sussed him this season. His 'blistering' pace is no good when he can't keep or pass the ball! - despite the slavering praise that Archie MacPherson showers on him!        :blah01:

Without a doubt its McGeady.

A 2 trick pony :015:

Trick 1 = Run very fast. Stop. Run fast again. Get Tackled.

Trick 2 = Run very fast. Stop. TRY and cross - this invariably goes horribly wrong

When Trick 1&/or 2 fails adopt face of person sucking sour lemon, throw arms up into air and then get booked for dissent or a spiteful late tackle

I have never rated McManus at Celtic.

I have a mate who is a Celtic fan who doesn't rate Nakamura and I agree with him, I think he hides far too often in matches.

As I've said above, I think Naka is all down to injury and fatigue as he was amazing in his first year.

McManus is ok but for me, Caldwell is a much better player.  He gets a lot of criticism - most of which started when he was right-back.  Imagine McManus or Pressley at right back, then maybe Celtic fans should be a bit more forgiving.  For me, McManus would struggle in any league where technique was more important than strength, whereas Caldwell would thrive in a league like Italy, Spain or even England.

Guest TinCanFan

Caldwell is a much better player.  He gets a lot of criticism - most of which started when he was right-back.  Imagine McManus or Pressley at right back, then maybe Celtic fans should be a bit more forgiving.  For me, McManus would struggle in any league where technique was more important than strength, whereas Caldwell would thrive in a league like Italy, Spain or even England.

Are you mad? Caldwell is mince!  And so is Past It Pressley who's also utter garbage.

Pressley is rubbish but he isn't rated very well so he isn't the most overated player in the SPL.

Scott Brown has also been very poor this season.

And I also think Billy Mehmet is the worst striker I have seen in the SPL by quite a distance.

nacho novo!!!!!!!

He's rubbish, he misses the goals that my nan could score!!!

most old firm players are overated!!

Aye, you're dead right there. All Old Firm players are overrated and overhyped too by their journalistic groupies.

:016:

i dont think anyone rates sebo in scotland, so he isnt realy over-rated. pressley hasnt played much this season so again isnt over rated. same goes for buffel, allthough he did look good in the semi final last weekend. i think nevin was saying that the reason he hasnt been playing is because they'll have to pay more transfer fees if he appears in the league again.

rob jones in my opinion is the most over rated, everyone goes on about how much of a gaol threat he is (especialy on this site pre-hibs games) but he rarely scores. the only people that dont rate him strangely enough are hibees.