FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Whats Marius making of all this.

mainstander

Seriousely, what is the man thinking? He gets recruited by what by his standards is a wee rural club which can only pay a fraction of his usual wages plus a signing on fee which hes prepared to accept because his career has hit a quiet patch. He really couldnt care less who pay's his wages whether its the club or some Scottish businessman who has people and operates in his home country. Then the minute he gets here the fans on the website cant keep there mouths shut for a minute and do nothing but slag him off. In particular theyre complaining all the time about this huge amount of money hes meant to be getting which in reality this man looks on as very modest indeed. He realises his fellow professionals feel a bit put out when they realise someone else is getting a lot more but hes wise enough to know that this is inevitable. He still gains there respect.  He scores ten goals and gets made player of the month in this strange little Scottish league. But he accepts it all graciously and just gets on with his job. But really he just cant get over all these country boys in the stands constantly moaning about the arrival of a player of his standard at there quaint little club.

Marius must be really cheesed off with the rubbish that some people post on here with regards to him personally.  He has done what he can despite playing with guys two moves behind him.  He has competed well in his first season with us and he has become the pawn in this whole fiasco.  He is being used by all parties concerned with the running of this club.  Shame on you. It must have some effect on him. 

He is a class above the players we normally have on our staff, yet he still gets vilified, his every move criticised, even scoring goals he still gets scoffed at, (huh, he only scored two against Arbroath.....).  The guy probably just wants a quiet life and be allowed to play football.  But no, our resident psycho dissects him and the rest jump on the bandwagon.  Give the guy a break and let him get on with his football.  This negativity is doing more harm than good.  It may be a bit of fun for some, but it is his bread and butter.

I for one think Marius has done an excellent job at ICT and hope all the off field carry ons and sniping from the stands has not spoiled his enthusiasm for Inverness and his love of the beautiful game.  He will have memories from Inverness, lets make them happy ones.

Seriousely, what is the man thinking? He gets recruited by what by his standards is a wee rural club which can only pay a fraction of his usual wages plus a signing on fee which hes prepared to accept because his career has hit a quiet patch. He really couldnt care less who pay's his wages whether its the club or some Scottish businessman who has people and operates in his home country. Then the minute he gets here the fans on the website cant keep there mouths shut for a minute and do nothing but slag him off. In particular theyre complaining all the time about this huge amount of money hes meant to be getting which in reality this man looks on as very modest indeed. He realises his fellow professionals feel a bit put out when they realise someone else is getting a lot more but hes wise enough to know that this is inevitable. He still gains there respect.  He scores ten goals and gets made player of the month in this strange little Scottish league. But he accepts it all graciously and just gets on with his job. But really he just cant get over all these country boys in the stands constantly moaning about the arrival of a player of his standard at there quaint little club.

What is his standard? I've seen him on quite a few occassions and will admit he has little flashes of brilliance in ball control. What I dont see is someone running at defences, skinning players with his style, linking up with his team mates, scoring spectacular goals. I dont see a Ronaldho, nor even a Darcheville or Miller. And the latter two aren't of a brilliant standard. I see a player who was given another chance for his country but will he make it to Euro's? That remains to be seen. I see a player who didn't try to find a better team to resurrect his career. He chose one where he would shine against his team mates enough to keep his starting place in the hope of being noticed. Where the fans would be duped into giving him support over the stalwarts of the club.

Niculae came to us from Mainze, a German second div club, where he only played six games all season. He did have 26 starts at Liege and scored 4 goals. As a teenager at Bucharest he made a big name for himself and continued that into the first season or two at Lisbon but since then he hasn't recovered his former talent. If he was as good now as he has been he wouldn't be at this club.

Marius must be really cheesed off with the rubbish that some people post on here with regards to him personally.  He has done what he can despite playing with guys two moves behind him.  He has competed well in his first season with us and he has become the pawn in this whole fiasco.  He is being used by all parties concerned with the running of this club.  Shame on you. It must have some effect on him. 

He is a class above the players we normally have on our staff, yet he still gets vilified, his every move criticised, even scoring goals he still gets scoffed at, (huh, he only scored two against Arbroath.....).  The guy probably just wants a quiet life and be allowed to play football.  But no, our resident psycho dissects him and the rest jump on the bandwagon.  Give the guy a break and let him get on with his football.  This negativity is doing more harm than good.  It may be a bit of fun for some, but it is his bread and butter.

I for one think Marius has done an excellent job at ICT and hope all the off field carry ons and sniping from the stands has not spoiled his enthusiasm for Inverness and his love of the beautiful game.  He will have memories from Inverness, lets make them happy ones.

:clapping03: :clapping03: :clapping03:

Very well said TM4TJ!  Marius is completely blameless for the situation we are experiencing right now.  Irrespective of what any fan thinks about his ability, contribution on the park, wages, disruptive influence over team-mates - none of this was of his making.  Marius didn't make ICT sign him, he didn't make them agree to pay excessive wages relative to his team-mates, he didn't make any bold statements about revolutionising the quality of football that ICT play, he didn't make any claims about turning ICT into a top six side single handedly.

We did say that he wanted to take this opportunity to get his career back on track, to prove his ability and showcase it, to generate an opportunity for himself to move onwards and upwards (whilst at the same time hoping to contribute to success as part of the ICT team).

People should quit criticising Marius for things that he has absolutely no control over, and target those that do/did actually have the control.

Niculae came to us from Mainze, a German second div club, where he only played six games all season.

Mainz were still in the 1. Bundesliga when he joined them during the winter transfer window. They relegated that season, unfortunately because they were having a striker crisis and weren't scoring enough goals.

TWO QUESTIONS:

1.. What has Inverness CT done fer Marius Niculae ? - They probably offered him an unexpected chance to resurrect his career. He has avoided injury - he has clearly got fitter - he has got himself back into the Romanian squad and has a totally unexpected chance (albeit slim) of playing at the 08 Euros. I suspect that he may well have underestimated the speed and tempo of the SPL but his undoubted class has seen him stand out - but only in recent weeks. But fair dos to the guy - I really hope that he makes the squad and I really do hope that he plays again next season - within our wage structure - and I really think that he may flounder at a higher level - Stay in Sneck or go back to Eastern Europe Marius or Scandinavia - and you may just survive.

2.. What has Marius Niculae done fer Inverness ? Inadvertently he has provided us with the most trouble torn season in our history. His signing has been the catalyst of major problems - On the field he gave ZERO in the first three months - a scoring spell in November when he played in our system - more up and down performances until Hibs Away - when coincidentally the Romanian Euro scouts arrived on the scene - He has played two "class" games at home since but his AWAY performances - in general - have been DIRE given the standard he provides at home.

Forgetting the off field antics - Give me a Bingham or a Juanjo any day - or prove it AWAY from home - and next season when the motivation of the Euros has subsided

Basically - STAY MARIUS BUT YOU HAVE TO FECKIN IMPROVE.

Good posts from Alex and Bush.  :022:

I don't agree with the opinion that Niculae  has brought a chaotic season to ICT. That is completely ridiculous. In life only you are responsible for your actions, no one else. The other person(s) may be a catalyst to your actions but are not responsible for them or the thinking that preceded them.What has he ever siad in public that was offensive or critical of ICT ?

What about  the Boardroom squabbles? Are they not the product of the brains and thoughts of those on the Board? Yes.

Did he order the Board to do this and that? No.

Did he vote on Board proposals? NO!

The truth is that he is being used as a scapegoat for the confusion of others at ICT and that is not his fault .

What about the poor play and feckless play of many of the current squad in several games? Did Marius Niculae push their feet to make poor passes etc? No. Does he rush over to help them to blooter many balls over the bar? No.!

As I said in another thread what has he got to be ashamed of?  Nothing much in my opinion.

In fact maybe his arrival instead simply highlighted the weaknesses and fumbling actions of a less than fully structured and developed  team in the process of growing up in the SPL who simply over-reached themselves by hiring him. It seems to me that now both parties are stuck with each other and eventually through the current evolutionary and painful process of adaptation they will work it out ; which is something over which they do not appear to have any choice.

And I completely agree with the poster who said that the Board should keep their mouth shut in public and show some common sense; otherwise Marius will lose because no "good " team will have him (thus either no, or a poor, transfer fee) and ICT will lose big because no team can function positively amidst stupidity and chaos and dissention.

As Sutherland recently said "We can't afford Niculae "meaning money wise.

But maybe this team at it's present stage can't afford Marius in other ways because the other players may not be up to his ability level. I think that the fans need to expect  professional players to learn how to stop blootering the ball over the bar before thrusting all the responsibility of winning all the games onto higher talent and him in particular.  :cry04:

Good posts from Alex and Bush.  :022:

I don't agree with the opinion that Niculae  has brought a chaotic season to ICT. That is completely ridiculous. In life only you are responsible for your actions, no one else. The other person(s) may be a catalyst to your actions but are not responsible for them or the thinking that preceded them.What has he ever siad in public that was offensive or critical of ICT ?

What about  the Boardroom squabbles? Are they not the product of the brains and thoughts of those on the Board? Yes.

Did he order the Board to do this and that? No.

Did he vote on Board proposals? NO!

The truth is that he is being used as a scapegoat for the confusion of others at ICT and that is not his fault .

What about the poor play and feckless play of many of the current squad in several games? Did Marius Niculae push their feet to make poor passes etc? No. Does he rush over to help them to blooter many balls over the bar? No.!

As I said in another thread what has he got to be ashamed of?  Nothing much in my opinion.

In fact maybe his arrival instead simply highlighted the weaknesses and fumbling actions of a less than fully structured and developed  team in the process of growing up in the SPL who simply over-reached themselves by hiring him. It seems to me that now both parties are stuck with each other and eventually through the current evolutionary and painful process of adaptation they will work it out ; which is something over which they do not appear to have any choice.

And I completely agree with the poster who said that the Board should keep their mouth shut in public and show some common sense; otherwise Marius will lose because no "good " team will have him (thus either no, or a poor, transfer fee) and ICT will lose big because no team can function positively amidst stupidity and chaos and dissention.

As Sutherland recently said "We can't afford Niculae "meaning money wise.

But maybe this team at it's present stage can't afford Marius in other ways because the other players may not be up to his ability level. I think that the fans need to expect  professional players to learn how to stop blootering the ball over the bar before thrusting all the responsibility of winning all the games onto higher talent and him in particular.  :cry04:

Catalyst - SP ?

Re : "Catalyst-S.P.?"

Nothing personal just a general reference  to the way in which other peoples thoughts or actions may  persuade us or influence us into saying or doing something which other people may find unacceptable or offensive . :004: