FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

MOST GIFTED

On his day Ian Black is as gifted a player as we've had.

Paul Sheerin had his momments and at the height of his powers a Wyness stepover was a sight to behold. Opponents knew it was coming but still seemed bamboozled by it.

On the whole though, Iwouldn't disagree with Barry Robson.

Best finnisher without a doubt was Wee Stewartie! Some of his touches were sublime. If he had been of bigger stature...he would have been an asset to ANY team in Scotland

I agree.  He was a class act and would have scored many more goals for us if he had avoided injury.  I was vey surprised that he was overlooked for the ICT hall of fame.

Skill.....Robson, Wilson, Wyness.

Entertainment.....Black, although often for the wrong reasons...Wilson and Wyness

Wow Factor....Tokely, Teasdale and Daisy Ross.....Mostly for the "Wow, how the feck did they make it from one end of the pitch to the other without losing the ball"

Effect on the Team.....Mann, Dods

Magic Moments.....Calder....and the entire team from the night of 8th Feb 2000.

For me, Barry Wilson.  End of.

can't really disagree

was thinking that while listening to the match at Tynecastle, over a career Wilson has shown some absolute genius and creativity doing things that no other player would think about.  I would love to have seen him and Niculae playing together when Wilson was a bit younger, I think they would have bagged the goals

Wyness, all though he has one of the best first touches in the SPL he has been found out as a one trick pony

I liked Bingham, having not really paid much attention to his career before ICT.

He was a natural goalscorer and he seemed to be able to send a goalie or a defender the wrong way just by raising the thought in his head. 

Difficult to argue with Robson, but only when he's not being a whiny ginger to55er  :001:

Potentially Blackie. And even more potentially, Zander.  :003: :003: :003:

In terms of achievement, Barry Robson is probably the most gifted player to have been at ICT so far - He's now at one half of the OF, getting at least a semi-regular game, and there or thereabouts when it comes to the national side. Always talented - even when we sent him to Forfar - I think the only complaint most of us have about him is his moaning.

Of our previous (or 'older') players - If they were in their prime when we arrived in the SPL I feel that Charlie Christie, Jim Calder, Barry Wilson, Iain Stewart and even old timers (and natural goalscorers) like Hercher and Urquhart could have done a good job for us (or in Barry's case - continue to do so). You could probably add Bingham, Shearer, Mann and Dods to that list too.

Of our current crop of players obviously there is Niculae, but you also have to look at players like Blackie (if he gets back in favour and stays), Don Cowie, Dougie Imrie (lots of raw potential), and although I havent seen them in person both Garry Wood and Zander are getting rave reviews for their loan spells ......

When you think about it, we have had a large number of players who we have enjoyed watching at ICT and many of these in their prime could have been good (or very good) SPL players