FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Player rater v. County

RossP

Fraser  :003:  :003:  :003: One good save, let down by defence badly for goals.

Tokely  :003:  :003: Poor game by his standards. Bad positioning and lax marking.

Munro  :003:  :003:  :003: Seemed to do ok, can't remember any mistakes.

Proctor  :003: Poorest game i've seen him have in a while. Beaten to the first ball in the air and on the ground too many times.

Zadi:  :003:  :003: I can see exactly why the County fans were saying he's inconsistent. Hopefully confidence will improve along with first touch and distribution.

Black  :003:  :003:  :003:  :003: Decent. Good distribution to the wings, but never seemed to move forward with the ball. Needs to attack if there is another defensive player like Duncan playing with him in center midfield.

McBain  :003: Never been a fan; and yet again I fail to see what he brings to the team. Awful as a center mid, unproductive as a left midfield, passable as a left back. Really really hope he doesn't start against the Dons. Time for Vigurs to take over from him.

Evans:  :003:  :003:  :003: Real hunger to chase down the ball and make an impression. Didn't do too much with it, but showed a glimpse of what he is capable of just before going off, when he took on the right full back.

Wilson  :003:  :003: Started brightly, then faded. I've always thought he should never be let near a penalty. The only one i've ever seen him score confidently was in the BT advert, and I hear he needed a fair few takes!!

Niculae  :003:  :003:  :003: First touch was a class above. Unlucky with his chances. Really think we lost our attacking edge when he went off.

Wood  :003:  :003: He must've grown a few inches last season as I thought it was Rory to start with. Could only play with back to goal since we went back to long balls, and felt he was being roughed about by the County defence. Still hope.

Subs

Cowie  :003:  :003: Tried to do too much at times. Especially with his run back to his own goal only to lose it and give a County forward a one on one. Could do better.

Imrie  :003:  :003:  :003: Terrible corners. But once he was back playing on the left he came into a game. Think he will have a fair few assists for Barrowman this season.

Barrowman  :003:  :003:  :003: Needs to out himself about more in the headers. Well taken goal and got into good positions. Looking forward to seeing him in the SPL

McAllister  :003:  Unlucky with post, as it was a difficult chance. He's in the last chance saloon this season I think.

Hastings  :003: Worst game I've seen in a while from him. Defenitely shouldn't be playing center half.

Sutherland  :003:  :003:  :003: Good to see him pushing forward at every opportunity, shame most of those were on the break from his own half. Would like him to get 20 - 30 mins in at least one of the first couple of  SPL games.

Vigurs  :003:  :003:  :003: Criminal that he's only on a one year contract. Wasted on the right midfield, much more effective on the left or in the middle. Cracking goal to add to a list of many cracking goals in the last 6 months. Would love for him to start against the Dons, but can't see it i'm afraid.

Fraser   :003: :003: As RossP said, one very good save, but defence was poor

Tokely   :003: :003:  One decent forward run, very poor defending.

Munro   :003: :003:  :003:  Was alright. I remember a couple of good clearances.

Zadi   :003: :003: :003:  I thought Lionel was pretty good  :015: One or two mis-timed challenges, but great in the air, and good going forward.

Proctor    :003:  Very poor. Positioning was awful, no decent challenges, no decent clearances.

Black    :003: :003: :003: :003: Pretty good. Some good skills & passsing.

McBain    :003:  Quite annonymous really. Don't remember him doing much.

Evans  :003: :003: :003: Was OK. I remember him beating the right back, and there was one time he chased down two or three players in the corner, before eventually losing out. Great desire, I think he's worth a contract.

Wilson  :003: :003:  I think RossP was a bit unfair on Barry's penalty, his pens in 04/05 probably kept us up! Looked OK at the start, but faded out.

Niculae  :003: :003:  I think we can let Marius off as he had a few weeks less holiday than everyone else! Played well as the target man, only real chance he had was taken off his feet by Evans  :029:

Wood  :003: :003:  I thought he was OK. Looks a good prospect, not quite ready for First Team football on that showing.

Subs

=

Cowie  :003:  Pretty poor by his standards. Didn't really do anything.

Imrie  :003: :003: :003: I thought Dougie did quite well. I remember him beating the right back two or three times, but imo he's not the man to be taking the corners.

Barrowman  :003: :003: :003:  Gets an extra smiley for scoring  :001: Looks as if he can be brushed off the ball a bit easily, but well taken goal, and judging by the celebration, I think he enjoyed it  :004:

McAllister  :003:  Oh dear.

Hastings  :003:  I can only remember him touching it once.

Zander  :003: :003: :003:  I can't wait to see him next season, his close control and speed are immense. Showed glimpses yesterday. I think this will be Barry's last season, but we've got a more than adequate replacement waiting  :022:

Vigurs  :003: :003: :003: :003: imo, best ICT player on the pitch. Fantastic goal, passsing was spot on, very very good performance.

I can,

I would dispute giving Evans three points, one would suffice, simply not good enough. :007:

Niculae looked as though he was still on honeymoon, two points. :003: :003:

Roy did ok, certainly not worse than Evans, three points, study him during games, he does a lot of tireless work. :003: :003: :003:

The rest seem about right, although as much as we all want to see Zander teasing defenders down the flanks, he never really got going in the opposition half, one point deducted. :003: :003:

Vigurs would appear to be the one most likely to make the grade from the younger ones, great strike for his goal, super left foot.

Anyone who think's McAllister had a good game when coming on yesterday is kidding themselves! He is the  :crazy07: stock of a player.  :sillywave:  :sillywave: next season hopefully!

Roy did ok, certainly not worse than Evans, three points, study him during games, he does a lot of tireless work. :003: :003: :003:

Been saying this for yrs. Too many people on here seem to miss the shift he consistantly puts in. Would be hard to replace his workrate if he left.

Rory was bad yesterday and i don't think he's cut out for SPL football, certainly not yet, I think he'll be outta here soon. However that's no excuse for booing the poor guy when he came on and every time he got the ball, that was fvcking shameful. A lot of goals for such a bad game however there was some hope there, Zander has got amazing ball control, Vigurs looked great and i'm excited to see Barrowman playing in the SPL....

I've been hearing the "Roy puts in a tireless shift" routine for years...

You need a lot more than effort to play in a succesful SPL midfield. Look at Evans last night, he probably ran about twice as much as McBain, chasing down everything that came his way and yet he doesn't get defended by those who've cited Roy's 'tireless workrate'. I don't really agree with that statement either; too many times last night there were Roy shaped holes in the center of the pitch because he'd gone up field and strolled back. When he plays as a left midfielder, he'll very rarely get to the 18 yard line and if he does get there it's obvious where he's going, as after 33 years he still hasn't found the time to strengthen his right foot.

He has had his good games for us I'll agree, but to be honest I could probably list them on one hand over the last few seasons. Compare that to the likes of Dougie Imrie who's done more in 6 months I feel, than Roy has done in 24 months.

We need creative, attacking players if we want to play the ball through the midfield, rather than over it; Roy doesn't fall into that category.

That's just the way I feel.

In my view McBain is one of the reasons we havent done well in some games. There are some games he's played thats he's been good i admit that. But when were on the counter or on a break and you pass the ball to McBain he slows the whole game down. Would much rather sign Evans and release McBain but obviously im not going to get my way.

Guest neksor

The players are just warming up for the new season.

Only one player continued as he left off from last season - Tokely. His play was disasterous,  even the "County" wouldn't sign him on that showing!

If any other teams shows an interest in him - sell him.

neksor

In my view McBain is one of the reasons we havent done well in some games. There are some games he's played thats he's been good i admit that. But when were on the counter or on a break and you pass the ball to McBain he slows the whole game down. Would much rather sign Evans and release McBain but obviously im not going to get my way.

You could use that statement about a lot of players, some playeers have good games some dont, thats the way it is unfortunatley.

Evans and Roy are different types of players, Evans has not shown much to convince me he is worth signing.

Anyone who think's McAllister had a good game when coming on yesterday is kidding themselves! He is the  :crazy07: stock of a player. :sillywave:  :sillywave: next season hopefully!

To miss from a couple of yards out with about 1/2 the goal gaping is shocking for a so-called striker.

The players are just warming up for the new season.

Only one player continued as he left off from last season - Tokely. His play was disasterous,  even the "County" wouldn't sign him on that showing!

If any other teams shows an interest in him - sell him.

neksor

Had a poor game.

The boy is shocking at defending IMO, Proctor should start at Right Back ahead of him.

Imrie  :003:  :003:  :003: Terrible corners. But once he was back playing on the left he came into a game.

Didn't see anything wrong with his corners. They were put into dangerous positions but with no ICT heads attacking it Pervert was able to just come out and collect it far too easily. Not his fault no one was making much of an attempt to get on the end of them.

Other than that, I would only give pass marks to Black, Barrowman and Vigurs.

Tokely - The boy is shocking at defending IMO, Proctor should start at Right Back ahead of him.

I'd love to see Tokely at centre back myself.  I remember he was interesting high-flying Leeds a few years ago when he was there.  For me, he should be at least tried there again.  He's big, aggressive, quick for a central defender (don't compare him to a winger, compare his to McManus, Pressley etc) and probably be a decent distributor (again for a central defender, compare him to Caldwell or Weir).  Seems natural to put him there, with Proctor at right back, or defensive mid - or even sweeper if the formation changes.

Save your breath Starchief, I've been calling for Ross to be given a run at centreback for years

now, even as far back as the 2nd division days, no one ever takes a blind bit of notice. If he had been introduced to the ways of central defence years back, we may by now have one of the better CHs in the Spl. On the other hand, I'm no coach or manager, so may be missing something in his play that would make him playing there unsuitable. Even Paterson who was his footballing mentor and knew him better than anyone only tried him there a couple of times and then dropped the idea.

I'm also one of the few that think Rossco would be an excellent centre half, he has every attribute a centre half requires.  I also think it would cement him as an eventual club captain

I'd love to see it an don't understand why no one has given it a try

If we had a decent partner for Grant, someone strong in the air and can read the game then no one would be punting Tokely for centre half...Phil McGuire is just as immobile and clumsy as Tokely at the best of times , keep Ross out wide ( and out of the box ) as much as possible . He can put in a shift down the flanks and when he does lop someones arm or leg off then we can hope its outside the area!!