FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

In the words of the Clash.....

Bronson

I don't think Brewster should be sacked. What would sacking him achieve? We have a decent group of players and have slipped towards the bottom of a tight league. As I said in another post tonight, the main issue with our season so far is the inability to hold onto leads at home and the fact that we have consistently come out second best in tight matches. I think this is due to the fact that we have a relatively inexperienced squad and that we need the players who have experience to step up and provide on the field leadership.

In terms of team selection, can anyone honestly say that Brewster is making such huge errors of judgement that he needs to be fired? Today we lined up with what is our strongest defence, we had two wide players in Cowie and Imrie who are capable of getting forward and providing a threat, our two regular central midfielders and our two top scoring strikers who combined well last week to score. Would another manager have set the team up differently? I don't think so.

When it comes to signings, I think that the players Brewster has brought in are doing pretty well - Adam Rooney has impressed when I've seen him, Dougie Imrie is clearly one for the future and Barrowman is adjusting to thsi level but has shown promise in some of his displays. We do need more experience but the fact is we tried to sign several seasoned defenders but were priced out of the market. Brewster has also tried to bring in some of the young players from the Under 19s and reserves with Jamie Duff, Iain Vigurs and Garry Wood showing promise. We haven't had as many players from our youth set up in the first team at any other time since we came into the SFL - I think this is a good thing but it also causes it's own problems, i.e. inconsistency.

We are in for a difficult season but I think that sacking the manager is something for when there are obvious, intractable problems at a club - look at Juande Ramos who just got binned by Spurs. To my mind we do not have intractable problems with our manager, we are going through a difficult spell and have found it difficult to pick up results. Looking forward there are two ways this can go - we continue playing well and begin to find the steel necessary to turn single goal defeats in draws and wins and progress or we start playing poorly and become embroiled in a sustained relegation fight. Either way, to fire the manager now would not be the best decision at this time.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a clever man - and I am a careful man - and that is why I am so pissed off that the TRUTH is hidden and forbidden to be shared fer legal reasons - and I am shackled as well.

You are the voice of the Mercenary - I KNOW his position - why are you sitting on the fence - tell this forum how you represent the lazy ******* - I goad to push you but you are evidently stuck up Orions erse.

I like you - I respect the Judas Mercenary - although he has taken advantage of this club and this club are trying to **** him up in retaliation.

Tell the truth to this forum - It will NOT come out in the end - It will come out in two feckin versions - as you know only too well - and as far as I am concerned - it will be who to believe in the end.

Let Marius spill the beans asap - and risk the spondoolachs (know what I mean??) - and lets get this GREAT LITTLE CLUB living again.

IHE, I fail to see how Marius spilling the beans will get the club living again. Like you said 2 versions will probably come out and it will be down to who people believe that will be their choice.

Maybe it is my bias but I fail to see why he has taken advantage of the club.

To answer you question of how I represent Marius, I am his friend and have been for a long time and as a friend I give him advice.

Sorry Steve - nowt personal - but the club perspective and how I see it is that Marius is to blame - the only way is fer this to be in open - I dont expect this to happen overnight - and I dont expect you to respond - BUT it does effect US in the here and now.

I am shackled - you are shackled - BUT do the real fans of ICT deserve to know the truth ?

WE are facing a relegation - Marius should have been here or the spondoolachs should have been exchanged.

ICT and the future is all I care about - that is in danger and it should all be out in the open

Sorry Steve - nowt personal - but the club perspective and how I see it is that Marius is to blame - the only way is fer this to be in open - I dont expect this to happen overnight - and I dont expect you to respond - BUT it does effect US in the here and now.

I am shackled - you are shackled - BUT do the real fans of ICT deserve to know the truth ?

WE are facing a relegation - Marius should have been here or the spondoolachs should have been exchanged.

ICT and the future is all I care about - that is in danger and it should all be out in the open

I do realise that the fans do need the truth, and I am sure it will come out.

Not sure what you mean by the spondoolachs should have been exchanged

No need to apoligise I know this is your alter ego :rotflmao:

I'm inclined to agree that all this chat about Marius is leading us away from the real issue.

Mr Brewster is unfortunately tactically inept. Todays tactic in foul weather was to punt high balls from box to box and hope Adam and Garry could feed off it. In that weather this was never going to happen. Sure we did try to work the ball on the ground at times but tended to run out of ideas on how to score.

Why take off a striker and replace him with a midfielder when we were desperate for goals?

If Barrowman was fit why did he only get 5 minutes?

Why is there never anyone at the back of the box for corners etc?

I certainly wouldn't blame any of the players for today's result. MacGhee's tactics in the second half won the game for them.

I've said it before and I will no doubt say it again - Brewster MUST go and the sooner the better! And don't forget to take Malkie with you!

Being abroad I am unable to go to the matches. For those who do, it must be hard to have watched 4 defeats out of 6 home league games, especially Hamilton and St Mirren, those were to be the easiest...

However, this season we beat Aberdeen 2-0 away, a momentous victory, and humped Kilmarnock at home 3-1, and the Dundee Utd and Celtic results after that were disappointing but they are stronger teams and they were clear favourites.

Point is, the panic button is being pressed a tad early no? In past seasons there has always been a diddy team in the SPL, Dunfermline, Gretna, Dundee, etc. but not this season, which was bound to happen sooner or later.

Definitely ICT will be in a relegation battle this time, probably with Hamilton, St Mirren, Falkirk, perhaps Aberdeen.

We lost to Hamilton and St Mirren at home and if we had won we would be third-ish, and this thread wouldnt exist.

End of the day, Brewster has to improve home form now and by the end of December there will have been 12 home points for grabs, all winnable, and that is what should be the cut off mark.

Season tickets are a major expenditure for people, who have to offset costs elsewhere, no holidays or lesser car, they have to be respected, and if Brewster cant get a minimum of 7 points from those 12 at home then its out the door...IMO

Is it all "Doom and Gloom"?

After all we are off the bottom of the table - by one point and with two hard away games coming up!

The players must have some responsibility but the person recruiting and directing the play MUST take ownership of the problem.

Is the "big" secret which nobody is allowed to speak about, distracting him from his job of managing and winning games.

Perhaps it is time to seek a more empassioned manager with good man managment skills.

Who has the answer? the supporters, the players, the board or the manager?

neksor

Is it all "Doom and Gloom"?

After all we are off the bottom of the table - by one point and with two hard away games coming up!

The players must have some responsibility but the person recruiting and directing the play MUST take ownership of the problem.

Is the "big" secret which nobody is allowed to speak about, distracting him from his job of managing and winning games.

Perhaps it is time to seek a more empassioned manager with good man managment skills.

Who has the answer? the supporters, the players, the board or the manager?

neksor

I think that the manager is responsible in the first instance, he is the one that is given the task of bringing in players in the transfer window, picking the team and motivating the team, if the manager doesnt do his job then I think the board have to take responsibility as they put him in place. While I am not in the get Brewster out camp as I think he should be given more time, I am worried we are on the verge of going on a run similar to that he had at DU and I am not sure he will manage to get out of that this time either.

I think his signing have been ok , Imre looks good and I think Barrowman and Rooney look as if they could do ok once they settle in. I do think we badly need a commanding centre half and an experinced striker , Brew probably does realise this as well but they are not so easy to pick up on our budget.

I think anyone that thinks Brew will be sacked this week or in the next few weeks are wrong and I think the board will give him a lot longer.

In my opinion he should go and should never have been given a second chance. I am extremely concerned as i believe we will be bottom of the league in 2 weeks.

For those who continue to support Brewster, what would it take for you to believe its time for a change?

Brewsters supporters will say, "But we're only losing by a single goal." - Well thats ok then when we finish bottom and get relegated its ok providing its only by one goal we lost everygame.

Others will say "Well who would you want in to replace him" That's not the point - The point is that Brewster is not the man for the job.

If the results are not coming and he is not getting the max from the team then he should go before the damage is irrepairable.

Our most successful manager was Pele, who would have thought so at the time of his appointment.

Your number's up Brewster, Time to go.

I think the best thing about this thread is that it truly shows

just how ill-informed and ignorant the mouthy anti-Brewster camp are.

With the current SPL set-up there is only one certainty for the 10 non-OF teams.

We WILL be relegated at some point.

This season looks like being a close one for a good number of teams and, who knows, it COULD be us.

We are a club who manage its limited resources well -

please do not confuse bad management with our inability to buy success and to attract players of proven quality

at the peak of their game.

Brewster has made a number of promising signings.

To give us hope of success we need a support who will get behind the manager and players

giving them encouragement and a bit of belief.

What we do not need is a support who call for the managers head at every defeat

or a support who boo their team off the field on a day when conditions make the result a lottery.

I cannot believe what i have just read .Considering the standard of football we have had to watch over the last 2 seasons at home we must have the most loyal and tolerant supporters in the s p l . 5 wins at home in the last 10 months, 2 of them against Gretna is enough to push even the most moderate of fans to call for change. I would suggest the management team take a seat in the stand for a game and maybe then will they reallise their failings. Quite simply they are tacticlly naive. While we see other managers regularly making substitutions which have a major influence on games ours are seen dithering and when they eventually do we are left scratching our heads in disbelief at their decisions. For example yesterday when we are 2 1 down and chasing the game he takes of our goalscorer rooney and left on young wood who was having a poor game . Even worse he takes on 2 midfielders at the expense of the striker.F inally i do not think the fans were booing the team off it was directed at the management team who show total contempt for anyone who dares to express an opinion.

I'm almost looking forward to Christmas shopping on a Saturday.......

Bad jokes aside, I thought we were unlucky yesterday, but was very puzzled by decision to take Rooney off.

That was one of the most composed finishes I have seen in a long time.

The board will not have the balls to sack him and unfortunately I can see him staying for a very long time. The man is dragging us down like he would have done with Dundee Utd if they hadn't acted, I don't know who can take over but at this moment I don't really care as I hope it isn't this idiot.

The board will not have the balls to sack him and unfortunately I can see him staying for a very long time. The man is dragging us down like he would have done with Dundee Utd if they hadn't acted, I don't know who can take over but at this moment I don't really care as I hope it isn't this idiot.

Course the board won't do anything. After all the member of the board who hunted Brewster down and allegedly* offered him a job before the job wasn't even available, wouldn't want to be made to look any more of a fool now, would he?

*I thought I'd include the word allegedly in case the member of the board in question (you know who you are) reads this and throws a hissy fit.

As most on this site know Brewsters biggest problem is his ego. That is why Parky "left"( he was actually asked to leave so i believe), he couldnt handle Donald being more knowledgable about the game than him. Thats why he got Malky back against the whole squads wishes.

His ego has always been the problem, thwart him and you are out, as even some of the players have found out. Parky was pushed out because he had more knowledge, skill, compassion, and most importantly he had the respect of the players and Would NOT say YES to Brew, and Brew was not going to let this happen, Malky was brought back, because he makes Brew look good, or at least thats what Brew believes, take last weeks game, Malky spent more time facing the crowd sprouting P*** trying to convince us he knows what he is talking about, NOT Brews down fall will be he surrounds himself with a*** holes who have no experience or knowledge of the game, if he had the likes of Parky he could have bounced decisions off him, if he could get rid of the Look at Me I am the Manager syndrome, and share and listen to others including the players and their opinions he could go further, unfortunatly he has neither the mentality or insight to be able to see or understand this.

A good manager has to be able to listen, and learn from others, every day, you need to be able to earn respect and this comes from respecting others, a skill that has to be learned.

As most on this site know Brewsters biggest problem is his ego. That is why Parky "left"( he was actually asked to leave so i believe), he couldnt handle Donald being more knowledgable about the game than him. Thats why he got Malky back against the whole squads wishes.

His ego has always been the problem, thwart him and you are out, as even some of the players have found out. Parky was pushed out because he had more knowledge, skill, compassion, and most importantly he had the respect of the players and Would NOT say YES to Brew, and Brew was not going to let this happen, Malky was brought back, because he makes Brew look good, or at least thats what Brew believes, take last weeks game, Malky spent more time facing the crowd sprouting P*** trying to convince us he knows what he is talking about, NOT Brews down fall will be he surrounds himself with a*** holes who have no experience or knowledge of the game, if he had the likes of Parky he could have bounced decisions off him, if he could get rid of the Look at Me I am the Manager syndrome, and share and listen to others including the players and their opinions he could go further, unfortunatly he has neither the mentality or insight to be able to see or understand this.

A good manager has to be able to listen, and learn from others, every day, you need to be able to earn respect and this comes from respecting others, a skill that has to be learned.

:rotflmao: Take a bow!

How about people try and put their point over without resorting to name calling? There's a lot of valid points being made, but the moment you start calling people this, that and the next thing, then you're just blowing any chance you have of anyone listening right out the window.

:rotflmao: Take a bow!

For any particular part, or just all of it, thanks anyway, shame no one will listen and do something about it, we do pay the wages after all.

Has Brewster really done that badly? given the situation he came into last season and our form then i reckon he's done ok.

CC sat in a car with Bennet and told him he couldnt hack it anymore. End of. Nothing to do with Brewster.

Dargo left last summer under CC as St Mirren with a bigger budget offered more money and a chance for central belt football.

Parky left for family reasons. Wanted to work in Edinburgh. This was the reason HE gave. Again what has brewster to do with this?

Brewster told Wyness to shape up or ship out. Personally, i think that took alot of cahonees given the players standing with the club. But looking back to be fair he was right. Wyness was not performing and hadn't been for a while. It took some tough love from Brewster there but why dish out contracts to those not doing the business? Could have perhaps been handled with more tact.

Marius was always up for sale. This really had nothing to do with Brew either. I'm sure he wanted to keep Marius, Marius said he'd like to stay initially even after an alleged team dressing room fall out or whatever.

He messed up with Rankin. Strachan messed up with Riordan, Smith with Gow. It happens.

Would Brewster really be sacked if another club our size was not in the relegation zone, not adrift and had one of the better goal differences in the league? No of course not.

Our aim every season is to initially avoid relegation then if posible push for that elusive 6th place. Half the teams in the 1st division are bigger clubs with bigger budgets and bigger fan bases. Some folks need to realise how well we are doing.

We are currently avoiding relegation, have a good squad of players who from what i see have no problems with their manager. Why all the fuss?

I like most never wanted Brewster back but he picked us up of the floor last season and we're indifferent now but to push the panic button and call for his head. I dont think thats the answer. Im not a Brewster fan but i dont see this as the point to call for his head.

Get Real!

I honestly believe he should stay. Hes kept us up and I trust it will stay that way. I dont think he should go this season unless we drop into relegation. As far as im concerned given the size of the club and the finances we have available we are doing exceptionally well. Lets not kid ourselves, were no Rangers or Celtic.