FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Falkirk -V-ICT : matchnight thread

Scotty

We are still just I thnk very close to turning this around

Need someone to consistently stick the ball in the net and someone to dominate the central defence.

Tokely needs more pressure exerted on him for his place

I think we willhit the goal trail soon, but it needs to be soon and on a consistent basis especially at home

Also concentrate for 90 minutes, don't think that is a hard thing to ask, we always appear to lose concentration and get punished for it big style.

One small blip on Saturday lost us the game, the coming together of Woods and Rooney when if Woods ahd taken the ball we couod have been 2 up, think Rooney was offside anyway and should have held back.

We have to start getting results and what is also disturbing is that Caley and Accies sit in the bottom 2 of the reserve league

We need to keep Black, even with the temparament but he is getting better at managing it.

Hopefor adecent Scottish Cup run now as the money comes in handy

Noted Rangers had included this game in their season ticket allocation - would we have done that - think not.

Still think not promoting the team properly - should have a kiosk at Tesco's on Thursday, Friday and Saturday mornings prior to a match - makes it easier for getting folks to come along

Edited by Brian

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair point Alex, but I think the phriase spend money to make money springs to mind. If we do get relegated this season then we will lose gate recipts from big matches, tv money etc. Being that the first division is a hard League to get out of as we have seen with St Johnstone, Dundee, Dunfermline and Partick, this could spell financial disaster for the club. More so than if we get a more experianced manager in. A more competant manager would ensure better chances of surivial.

Yep! Agree with your first point but to spend you need to have. Know any banks that are lending at the minute? I want to move to Sneck

If the situation gets progressively worse would it call for decisive action? Only the shadow knows. :rotflmao:

I would like to be a fly on the wall when the financial report card is being examined prior to a decision like this.

I agree basically with what Alex said and the last post is accurate in assessing the possibilities of being promoted quickly from the first Division. The answer appears to be that such a happening is problematical at best.

In this situation , without an upbeat spirit within the team and the club it could be the dreaded doldrums ahead-- --because it has been the Highland spirit and persistence that has driven the team onwards every year but we don't seem to win many games nowadays at the last gasp do we?

Shiver my timbers, the old tub needs a refit...aaaaarggh. :thumb04:

Me throat's all parched , think I'll splice the mainbrace until tomoorow which they tell me will be another day.

I agree with TM4TJ - sure it would be nice to do well in the League Cup for the SPL is our bread and butter and that's where we should be focused on.

If we won the League Cup but got relegated would people want Brewster sacked or be happy to keep him?

I am not his biggest fan but I'd rather see us doing it in the league over the course of a season than have a nice wee Cup run.

Edited by RiG

Looks like we were a bit unlucky with the refereeing decisions but the continuing problem is the inability of our inexperienced strikeforce to convert the numerous chances that came their way.

I wonder if one possible solution, at least in the short term, is to try to get Kenny Deuchar on loan now that the MLS season is over ? If Milan can do it with Goaldenballs then why can't we on a more modest scale with thr good Doctor ?

I went to bed last night on a downer but now ive slept on it i feel better

Ok we're out of the CIS cup & we've got a couple of tough away games

We're going through a bad run but come on folks lets stop talking relegation

The tables still very tight & there's a long way to go yet ,

Maybe we wont get any points at Ibrox , possibly grab 3 at Easter road but would be happy to take 1

Then our Next home game Falkirk , no reason why we shouldnt beat them & make that the start of another great run

Mon the Caley :rotflmao:

Just to inject a wee bit of fairness

The goal is reported as offside

We were denied a penalty by the referee who apologised to the players for his error

How in the name of Heavens is that Brews fault?? He did not PICK the referee - He did not make the decisions!!

Yes, you can miscall the players but he can only train them - when the whistle blows they are on their own BUT on here they have no responsibility, it is Brews fault they mistime a pass, fluff a shot etc.

We have ordinary players and we expect them to play at a level they have difficulty playing up to on a regular basis. Yes they are fit, no doubt they are taught tactics but on the park........!!

The up side? A wee run of luck will provide confidence and they may settle into a game.

However it is the discarding of concentration when not playing 'big' teams that is causing the stupid form - blowing good and bad from one game to the next.

As i said on another thread elsewhere. Brewster came to us with NO management experience at all. There must be a hundred and one potential managers out there who would want our job who have no experience.

I honestly believe that NO ONE could do a worse job than Brewster is.

We have 6 games in November, 2 against the old firm and 2 against the edinburgh teams. I fear that come the 1st of Decemember our season will be over.

As i said on another thread elsewhere. Brewster came to us with NO management experience at all. There must be a hundred and one potential managers out there who would want our job who have no experience.

We have 6 games in November, 2 against the old firm and 2 against the edinburgh teams. I fear that come the 1st of Decemember our season will be over.

With both OF games away it'll be a tough call but never say never !

Hibs are beatable & so are Hearts

So lets stop being Negative

I think we have been unlucky, its not Brews fault that the ref's have been giving some shyte decisions to the opposition, look at the free kick to Killie on saturday that led to fat bobs goal, never a foul.

Rooney had a decent penalty claim waved away last night seemingly, was Mcocks goal offside? another poor decision?

Over the season these things even out and it will get better - i hope.

We were no worse than Falkirk last night, and didn't deserve to lose. Couldn't tell from our end if their goal was offside but Brewster was raging at the ref. Rooney looked to be brought down from behind when through on goal and just in the box, play on!

Positives? Duff was our best defender, which maybe isn't saying much as the other 3 were very poor, particularly when in possession. Wood was better than I've seen him before and caused a few problems (unlike Barrowman...) and Rooney had a few good touches and was quite lively.

Things to work on : free kicks from 25-30 yards. We won a handfull of them and wasted every single one.

Using the ref doesnt wash. Yes decisions may have gone against us but it was the lack of bite and fight in the midfield that cost us. As for it not being the managers fault? He chose the line up. Cowie on the left and Imrie on the right! Is didnt work one bit but it took until 60 odd mins for him to change it!

With Brew in charge we could be going down in more ways than one!

The goal is reported as offside

We were denied a penalty by the referee who apologised to the players for his error

However it is the discarding of concentration when not playing 'big' teams that is causing the stupid form - blowing good and bad from one game to the next.

At the end of the day we have to put our chances away and we are not doing that. Yes, the ref was, by all accounts, very bad, and the 4th official supposedly said McCann was offside and the ref apologised for not awarding the penalty but those are the breaks. If we took our chances we would be talking about a good victory today. The goal came in the first half. If Brewster was so incensed, why did he not do what some other managers seem to do and jangle the players' sense of injustice to fire them up for the second half? "Right lads, the ref's a ****, he's ***te, and we are gonna get nothing. Lets show this ******* we can win it despite him" .... Its similar to what Pele supposedly said/did about the bookies when we were 18/1 going into the Celtic match in 2000 and we all know how that ended up.

Rooney, Barrowman and Wood all have great potential but we are sorely lacking experience up front and that is a management decision. Regardless of what we think of Brew as a manager, I think we all accept that as a striker he was probably one of the best not to have pulled on a Scotland shirt so it makes me wonder how a man of his experience (and striking ability) cannot see this. I actually quite like the idea of someone like Kenny Deuchar on a short term deal until MLS starts up again in April. It might give the young guys a chance to blossom alongside someone who is similar to Brewster in poaching/striking abilities. I cant see it happening though as part of Deuchar's deal with MLS was being able to practice medicine in the States .... he likely has off-field responsibilities on that front.

I totally agree about the concentration thing and highlighted it somewhere else. I have seen the team twice in 2008 and on both occasions the results were great, the performance at times sublime, and I ended the day with a huge smile on my face. On other weeks we seem to implode and put in insipid performances unless we are playing one of the OF. Just like the stewarding, we seem to have no consistency. That too is a management or coaching issue. Of course the players have to take some blame, but it is the manager's job to coach those players, to motivate them to be "up" for games, to set tactics that will hopefully bag us three points, and to have the balls to change those tactics or gee up the players if things are not going well. I don't believe that has been done in some of our more inconsistent games.

We are all great armchair managers and each and every one of us would probably do far worse than Brew. We can talk a good game, and we know what we would like to see, but very few of us could carry that through onto the training pitches or the dugout.

Things to work on : free kicks from 25-30 yards. We won a handfull of them and wasted every single one.

We should be working on set plays constantly. Free-Kicks, Corners, Attacking throw-ins etc .... IMHO, if we could score from set plays when we are struggling to score from open play, we would likely be several spots higher in the table

Guest CaleyJAGGIE

why did brew start esson in goals??

and his reply.. "esson has played all the cis cup games so far.

he hasnt played a league game yet! am not saying esson did anything wrong but making dessicions like that can make teams lose games..

the ref was Sh*te falkirks goal was offside, and we we were deined a pk which was stone waller.

the ref even said sorry to the caley players at full time. :rotflmao:

Never saw the replays on TV, but heard Pat Nevin call the decisions blatant, the penalty and the offside goal, something along the lines of you will never see two worse decisions in a game.

We don't need luck like this just now.

If only it were possible to appeal and gain a replay.............I think we should close this thread in the knowledge we went further than Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs......three giants in the Scottish game.

Yes Alex but to be honest we struggled against two lower division clubs on the way to last night, agreed things went against us last night but we didn't look that great at any stage in this competition

Brewster statement of "we wus robbed" is just not good enough! Where were the ICT goals?

If things do not turn around in the next few weeks I will be joining the "sack Brewster brigade"

neksor

Edited by neksor