FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Bazza Wilson

Alex MacLeod

A lot of fanciful thinking if you ask me. Hasn't Barry himself admitted that it's a struggle to last the pace?

Even if you'd only played amateur football you would know how hard it is playing with a load of young lads who can run all day.

I would carry on with Baz as a sub, but give him a bit longer than the 10 mins he usually gets. At a push I would start him with the promise that he can come off after an hour.

Barry has never said that he finds it a struggle to last the pace. What he's said is that he has to work harder to keep fit these days.

Some might read the two as being one and the same, and I don't think anyone expects him to be as spritely and quick off the mark as he once was...but some of that will be made up for when it comes to intelligence and experience, not to mention the fact he's much respected and can help lift the rest of the players and guide/assist younger guys during the game. These are some of the things we are lacking on a week to week basis.

Barry has never said that he finds it a struggle to last the pace. What he's said is that he has to work harder to keep fit these days.

Some might read the two as being one and the same,

Yip!

and I don't think anyone expects him to be as spritely and quick off the mark as he once was...but some of that will be made up for when it comes to intelligence and experience, not to mention the fact he's much respected and can help lift the rest of the players and guide/assist younger guys during the game. These are some of the things we are lacking on a week to week basis.

I agree with all that and I rather hoped I was implying it :rotflmao: I saw it first hand at Arbroath where you could hear every word as he encouraged the youngsters.

Nowhere am I saying Barry should be dropped and I certainly think he should hang on and outlive Brewster's stay at the club.

He certainly wont be match fit or match sharp. Again you have to fault Brew for this. He threw Proctor in the deep end at Ibrox and he really struggled.

With older players it takes them longer to get back to match sharpness if they've not played for a while, as physically they are declining anyway. So by throwing in from the start when he hasnt even made that many meaninful sub appearances doesnt seem fair on the player, unless (i dont know) he has really picked up in training and reserve game.

Guest bingobingo

Barry has tons of experience a run of 4 or 5 games (60-70 mins) would soon get his fitness up imo

we lack experience up front :rotflmao:

we lack natural wide player :thumb04:

we dont get enough crosses in the box :018:

Barry would provide all of the above and as said a run of games would improve his fitness and allow everyone (barry included to assess his 'legs')Brew played till 40 and was not quick but used his experience to get through the game rather than his pace.give Barry lift by extending contract to end of season if we lose his dressing room leadership another experienced player goes and that cant be good surely ;)

im not entirely convinced its the right thing to start barry, i think its time for him to move into a coaching role, i think he has a lot more to offer from the side of the pitch than on it. we need to concentrate on playing players that are going to be here playing for caley past the end of this season. starting barry over a younger player that needs more games to get experience and confidence is a little short sighted. i have full respect for barry wilson and i thought he was a good player but i think its time for him to pass on his wisdom as a coach.

im not entirely convinced its the right thing to start barry, i think its time for him to move into a coaching role, i think he has a lot more to offer from the side of the pitch than on it. we need to concentrate on playing players that are going to be here playing for caley past the end of this season. starting barry over a younger player that needs more games to get experience and confidence is a little short sighted. i have full respect for barry wilson and i thought he was a good player but i think its time for him to pass on his wisdom as a coach.

While I see what you are saying we dont have the luxury of just giving young players experience and confidence in our current position, although I am all for players like Duff starting the younger players can only benefit from playing alongside side someone like Barry

We lack experience in the starting 11 mostly full stop.

I remember seeing Cowie play in the holding midfield row on a couple of occasions so maybe play him there and put Barry on the right

Wilson, Cowie, Black, Imrie

I think that is the best midfield we could play. I agree with those saying Barry could last the 90 minutes but we do have good options in Vigurs and Zander to call upon if required.

WasCowie not brought in primarily as a holding player? Getting a true winger on the right could be of great Benifit. Bazza or not.

I do agree he should move into coaching but not soley. It's always good to have the option of him being available. He should start to look into his coaching badges

Barry has already done a lot of his coaching badges, so he could make the step into coaching role fairly easily. I would love this to be at ICT as I believe he is a great guy to have in the dressing room and I think he is well respected by his team mates. Not sure we'll see this happen during Brewster's reign unfortunately which would be a shame.