FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Is Barrowman our worst ever signing?

cal234ey

is barrowman the worst caley signing ever?

or do you think paateleinen or djebi - zadi are worse?

liam keogh? lol hu is wrst?

4got 2 say in my own personal opinion barrowman is the worst for a number of reasons

1. he is the laziest person in our team

2. we paid so much 2 him in terms of wages and signing fee

3. he is just terrible

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stated my reservations about his signing at the time and so far I have been proved right but I did the same with Rankin, Dargo and many others and after a time those players settled in well and I was proved wrong. I sincerely hope I am wrong again.

i too felt 2nd div to spl to big a step up i hope wer r rong FYI but unfortunately when u c him nt even tryin for sum balls he shood easily get i dnt think we wil b proved wrong

reely reely bad

Forum Rules

2. General Posting

2.8 - Members should post in a way which is consistent with normal writing. That is users should not post excessive numbers of emoticons, large, small or coloured text, etc. Similarly users should not SHOUT (excessive use of capital letters) or use excessive punctuation (e.g. ! and ?) in topic titles or posts. Members should also refrain from excessive use of "TXT Speak". Users consistently abusing this may be warned.

Can you try to write normally? Some of us older posters have trouble understanding you !!! :rotflmao: Cheers

As for the question .... nope, dont think he is the worst ... we have some peaches for that award ..... Vetle Andersen for one, but here's hoping that he will find his scoring boots soon. Just remember folks ... Dennis Wyness is our goalscoring god and it took him a long time to bag his first few ......... no stopping him after that.

i too felt 2nd div to spl to big a step up i hope wer r rong FYI but unfortunately when u c him nt even tryin for sum balls he shood easily get i dnt think we wil b proved wrong

reely reely bad

Forum Rules

2. General Posting<a href="http://" target="_blank"></a>

2.8 - Members should post in a way which is consistent with normal writing. That is users should not post excessive numbers of emoticons, large, small or coloured text, etc. Similarly users should not SHOUT (excessive use of capital letters) or use excessive punctuation (e.g. ! and ?) in topic titles or posts. Members should also refrain from excessive use of "TXT Speak". Users consistently abusing this may be warned.

Can you try to write normally? Some of us older posters have trouble understanding you !!! :rotflmao: Cheers

Is that what it is must be old age

For bad unlucky signings Mike Newlands must take the prize! A few other names spring to mind - Paul Bradshaw, Kevin Byers, wotsisname who came from Celtic/Aberbeen, ended up at Airdire - although to be fair I haven't seen Barrowman play yet :rotflmao:

Paul Bradshaw

Marco Di Barros

Gary McSwegan

Nicky Walker

Darren Thomson

Vetle Andersen

Gary Farquhuar

Mike Newlands

They are all way way worse than Andy Barrowman, i don't think he is a bad signing. He needs time but Brewster needs to hurry up and find a formation that sees Barrowman perform at his best. We have seen glimpses of what he is capable of, even if his goal tally dosen't suggest that.

Edited by ajsict92

If Barrowman reads this topic the the wise words of the manager who won us the challenge cup and the first division are going to be well and truly wasted. It's going to do a great deal for the lad's confidence to be touted as our worst ever signing after just a few games. I know I had lots and lots to say about the signing before things were finalised but since the signing and since my mistakes berating other players before giving them a chance I have kept quiet on this one. I believe the lad needs a chance.

As said earlier strikers can be strange creatures i saw enough of Andy last year to see he can score goals and it is a big jump to premier level.It would appear his confidence is down at moment and desperatly needs a goal but will have to play his way out of it as its the only way he needs his confidence restored

kind regards

robbo

If Barrowman reads this topic the the wise words of the manager who won us the challenge cup and the first division are going to be well and truly wasted. It's going to do a great deal for the lad's confidence to be touted as our worst ever signing after just a few games. I know I had lots and lots to say about the signing before things were finalised but since the signing and since my mistakes berating other players before giving them a chance I have kept quiet on this one. I believe the lad needs a chance.

As said earlier strikers can be strange creatures i saw enough of Andy last year to see he can score goals and it is a big jump to premier level.It would appear his confidence is down at moment and desperatly needs a goal but will have to play his way out of it as its the only way he needs his confidence restored

kind regards

robbo

On the contrary Birdog ..... I think many have responded to this thread and backed the lad up in agreeing he is not the worst signing, and in many cases, theorising that all he needs is a few goals to gain confidence and show what he can do.

kind regards

robbo

On the contrary Birdog ..... I think many have responded to this thread and backed the lad up in agreeing he is not the worst signing, and in many cases, theorising that all he needs is a few goals to gain confidence and show what he can do.

I do think Barrowman is unlucky in the fact he has joined the club at a time where there is more discontent than ever before thus he is not been given the time that he would normally get to settle in

Edited by stevico1

Barrowman is nowhere near our worst player. That award this year goes to Djebi-Zadi. Barrowman will improve under a different manager who'll utilize a more effective tactic involving a more experienced striker who holds the ball up well and puts the ball at Barrowmans feet.

Is it worth looking at Jim Hamilton?...

kind regards

robbo

Fair comment.

Worst signing (although not worst player) : Martin Glancy?

I think we paid ?30,000 for him when we were in the 2nd division, and he contributed very few goals (although he had many fans because he ran around a lot and tried hard)

is barrowman the worst caley signing ever?

or do you think paateleinen or djebi - zadi are worse?

liam keogh? lol hu is wrst?

4got 2 say in my own personal opinion barrowman is the worst for a number of reasons

1. he is the laziest person in our team

2. we paid so much 2 him in terms of wages and signing fee

3. he is just terrible

No he isnt the worst.

Take your pick from

Darren Thompson

Tom Parret

Liam Fox

Gary McSwegan

Barjam Fetai

Lionel D

And then there is a few players from the older days also. Vetle Anderson..... although im not too familiar with them myself.

Barrowman is having a rough ride. HE has scored at least. He doesnt get a regular run. Is never paired with another striker or proper support man in the ilk of Wilson, Juanjo or Niculae. The team as a whole are not really setting the heather alight so its unfair to pin it on him.

Give the guy a chance. It is a massive step between 2nd division and the SPL. If he's got the ability, he'll hopefully show it in time.

He is certainly not the worst.