FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Staying away?

KingBeastie

Hi,

i notice that attendances are dropping week on week as we get worse by the week, which is IMO totally understandable.

I've also just read a thread in which several season ticket holders state that they will not be back while brew is still at the club working his magic (!!!).

I'm just wondering how many others are taking this line of action?

I don't want to start yet another 'get brew out' thread as every other thread is one but just wondering how many folk are choosing to stay away while the situation remains the same. And also will you return if the club finally shows some balls and do the right, decent and proper thing?

Hi,

i notice that attendances are dropping week on week as we get worse by the week, which is IMO totally understandable.

I've also just read a thread in which several season ticket holders state that they will not be back while brew is still at the club working his magic (!!!).

I'm just wondering how many others are taking this line of action?

I don't want to start yet another 'get brew out' thread as every other thread is one but just wondering how many folk are choosing to stay away while the situation remains the same. And also will you return if the club finally shows some balls and do the right, decent and proper thing?

Mrs. 4ize and I have missed a couple of games this season for no better reason than the weather was bad and we didn't want to see the feared home defeats which duly materialised. We didn't miss a single 'home' game when we played at Pittodrie. The money is already set aside for next year's season tickets, but they won't be renewed if Brew is still in charge: legend as a player, but currently undoing his reputation by trying to run before he can walk, and ICTFC is providing the stage.

Im not enjoying watching us play at home just now for obvious reasons. I want to boycott the home games just now , but id feel as though i would be turning my back on the lads and i dont want to do that.

I support Caley Thistle NOT Craig Brewster

But your right, its understandable why people arent going to the home games , my own ticket costs well over 300 quid a season and its not handy watching crap football week in week out.

I left with about 40mins to go yesterday after the 2nd goal........ I was surprised at how few joined me for the miserable trapse back to the car!

I understand that staying away is not a good thing for the club but also understand folks feelings.

I stay in Glasgow so get to more away games than home but am back home for xmas and would normally get to TCS with my dad but not sure if we will bother. I am also financially better of this xmas than last and was planning buying a fair bit of ICT merchandise for myself when back but am so angry with things at the club at the moment am unsure if I will even do that. I feel if the board cant even aknowledge the fans feelings and concerns then why should I bother. It's catch 22 tho as this sort of action doesn't do the club any favours at all.

I understand that staying away is not a good thing for the club but also understand folks feelings.

I stay in Glasgow so get to more away games than home but am back home for xmas and would normally get to TCS with my dad but not sure if we will bother. I am also financially better of this xmas than last and was planning buying a fair bit of ICT merchandise for myself when back but am so angry with things at the club at the moment am unsure if I will even do that. I feel if the board cant even aknowledge the fans feelings and concerns then why should I bother. It's catch 22 tho as this sort of action doesn't do the club any favours at all.

The club will notice a drop in revenues anyway, as all businesses are seeing; the danger is that they may write this off as 'credit crunch' rather than 'entertainment crunch'. The other danger is that there's another agenda which doesn't deal with football, but that's for a different thread.

If your weekend spend is going somewhere else when it would have been going to ICT, please write to the club or email them and tell them why you're giving your cash to Vue or wherever else you or the kids would rather go.

I've been to one game all season, which was last week's miserable outing at Love Street. As I also live "down south" these days, there's been absolutely no incentive for me to get up with the larks on Saturday morning, spend all morning on a train, watch 90 minutes of miserable "football" then spend most of the evening on a train home. If things improve (i.e we get a manager who actually knows what he's doing) I'll be much more likely to go to games again.

I've not been to a game since Mike Smith mortally offended me the day we relegated the Pars. Doesn't sound like I've been missing very much :018:

I have never been the same since Mike Smiff immorally ejected me against the Pars. ;) :rotflmao:

:thumb04: Those were good times.

I've not been to a game since Mike Smith mortally offended me the day we relegated the Pars. Doesn't sound like I've been missing very much :rotflmao:

Mm, I've always thought we'd be better off with Simon Mayo, or maybe even DLT.

Guest Muir-Jaggie

I didn't attend the Aberdeen game despite buying tickets in advance. I will not be attending another game as long as Brewster is in charge.

same with me

Guest aldalzz

won't be back next season if brew and his wee dog are still here, season ticket holder for going on 9 years, seeing out time this season, its like watching the arabs 2 seasons ago. Good players with no organisation and he says it was a close game 3-0 christ what does he think 2-0 is a draw, man should be a referee as they seem to watch a different game at times too.

Your right its the man thats choosing to play him! I still don't think its fair on Duff and Fraser if he isn't dropped, Duff was dropped after putting in some very solid performances. Fraser was dropped for playing bad which is fair enough, so now its only fair if Proctor is dropped.

if brewster manages next week a lot wont go back

Probably, but I personally don't know if I could turn my back on the club. I love my team just not Brewster.

Where, a year ago I'd have made the effort to go through to Sneck for a home game, now I wouldn't.

If I happened to be in the area and there was a game on, I'd probably go, as I have done twice this season (and witnessed a HOME WIN!!!).

I even went to see them at Tynecastle because I happened to be in Edinburgh that weekend.

Don't really have a firm opinion on who is chiefly responsible for our current poor form, but I'm beginning to come round to the mindset of the angry mob. It's just that I get so pssed off, so angry at seeing another toothless display, and it's not something I wish to see again for now.

New manager or new players or more encouraging match reports may well draw me back. But there's no boycott or anything - just nothing to draw me to the game at the moment.