FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Well after Cowie

Fanoffooty

Guest flossy10cat

But its only beneficial if the board use the money. if they do, great if they dont, keep him and get the best out of him

It was interesting to hear Terry Bucher, on Setanta last Sunday pre kickoff, being critical of Black getting a place in the team.

His opinion was - he has made up his mind to leave the club, let him now go as he will not be of a mind to give his all.

Reflecting on Ian's performance on Sunday, perhaps Butcher was not far off the mark!

If we have Ian not performing and Cowie not performing, till the season end, we are even in bigger trouble.

It's always an interesting debate that... whether someone who has committed himself to another club is going to continue to give his all for the club he is about to leave...

One thing that greatly impressed me about Darren Dods when he was here, was that he never gave less than 100% for ICT, despite having signed a contract with DUFC. Many suggested at the time that he should not have been selected after Brewster persuaded him to make a move south....

But its only beneficial if the board use the money. if they do, great if they dont, keep him and get the best out of him

At best ?50k?? Pressley's signing on fee??

we dont need a pressley signing on fee,as theres no way hes going to sign ,if he was going to would of done well before now

You cant force a player to sign if they dont want to, especially when the difference can be a grand a week plus at another club.

In which case the player should be sold before the transfer window to ensure some kind of decent transfer fee but i suppose when you only hand your best players two year contracts you can't expect anything else

It's always an interesting debate that... whether someone who has committed himself to another club is going to continue to give his all for the club he is about to leave...

One thing that greatly impressed me about Darren Dods when he was here, was that he never gave less than 100% for ICT, despite having signed a contract with DUFC. Many suggested at the time that he should not have been selected after Brewster persuaded him to make a move south....

I feel a real pro will always give 100% to the club paying his wages, but what happens if the scenario arises where Cowie has signed a pre contract with Well and ICT are playing them in bottom 6 decider,will he quite as intent on securing points for ICT knowing next seasons footballing destinations may well hinge on it.We had this scenario with Derek Lyle last season signing a pre contract with Hamilton and the possibility till near the end of season we could be playing Accies in final game for title,this caused a huge amount of dissent and discontent amongst the support and i'm sure the dressing room.

See where your coming from o stoned one but I learned something recently that changes my views somewhat on what is or isn't the right way.

ICT want players but cannot pay more than, say, ?1k a week as best offer and are unable to predict whether it will be possible to increase the wage a couple of years down the line. So! The offer is a grand a week for a four year deal. Bottom wages in league. Player say's sorry I can get more at another club but I'll come to you for two years at that wage provided I'm played regular. I can do two years at peanuts and others will see me. Give me a wage on a par with the others and I'll commit to longer. Well usually its an agent saying this but you get the gist.

The Director of Football gets a lot of stick but the fact is we dont pay enough for anyone to commit to longer terms.

See where your coming from o stoned one but I learned something recently that changes my views somewhat on what is or isn't the right way.

ICT want players but cannot pay more than, say, ?1k a week as best offer and are unable to predict whether it will be possible to increase the wage a couple of years down the line. So! The offer is a grand a week for a four year deal. Bottom wages in league. Player say's sorry I can get more at another club but I'll come to you for two years at that wage provided I'm played regular. I can do two years at peanuts and others will see me. Give me a wage on a par with the others and I'll commit to longer. Well usually its an agent saying this but you get the gist.

The Director of Football gets a lot of stick but the fact is we dont pay enough for anyone to commit to longer terms.

I Understand where your coming from and would agree with the staetement if it concerned a player coming from another SPL side who perhaps wasn't getting a game for his club or even a promising player from the first division but in the case of Cowie he was taken from a second division side who surely were not paying him anywhere near a grand a week

Pretty sure if he was ambitious enough to want to get to the SPL and showcase his talents there he would have bitten of you hand for a 3 or 4 year deal,the simple fact is we only ever give players 2 year deals even after they have proved themselves with us and we continually allow players to run their deals down

It's bad mismanagement on behalf of the Director Of Football,we as a club are very slow to react in offering our best players extentions to their contracts once they have proved they are doing a job for us and as it's his job to deal with these matters he has to be held accountable,surely even YOU can see that Alex

I feel a real pro will always give 100% to the club paying his wages, but what happens if the scenario arises where Cowie has signed a pre contract with Well and ICT are playing them in bottom 6 decider,will he quite as intent on securing points for ICT knowing next seasons footballing destinations may well hinge on it.We had this scenario with Derek Lyle last season signing a pre contract with Hamilton and the possibility till near the end of season we could be playing Accies in final game for title,this caused a huge amount of dissent and discontent amongst the support and i'm sure the dressing room.

Unfortunately it looks like Motherwell are easing there way from the bottom now. A good win for them tonight and it's starting to look like a 3-way race for the drop :rotflmao:

I Understand where your coming from and would agree with the staetement if it concerned a player coming from another SPL side who perhaps wasn't getting a game for his club or even a promising player from the first division but in the case of Cowie he was taken from a second division side who surely were not paying him anywhere near a grand a week

Pretty sure if he was ambitious enough to want to get to the SPL and showcase his talents there he would have bitten of you hand for a 3 or 4 year deal,the simple fact is we only ever give players 2 year deals even after they have proved themselves with us and we continually allow players to run their deals down

It's bad mismanagement on behalf of the Director Of Football,we as a club are very slow to react in offering our best players extentions to their contracts once they have proved they are doing a job for us and as it's his job to deal with these matters he has to be held accountable,surely even YOU can see that Alex

In this particular case the player HAS ambition. He needs to move from the club he's at. An SPL club, that can't pay a lot, is interested. My ambition is higher than that but I need a shop window. I'll sign for two years and burn my gut out in the first year. Bear in mind an extension offer was put on the table back in August. The press report interest from elsewhere. Stuff the offer. My agent will find better. And thats how it works with teams who are the size of ours.

And for info, and before people start accusing me of seeming to support Graham Bennett, an ex player of ICT, one who's no longer in the game, pointed all that out to me.

Cowie has not played well for months.

Neither have the majority of the squad! He is better than the majority of players in our pool even when not playing well.

Edited by RiG

Guest flofrance46

I'd keep Black (unless we get offered a good deal) as he's crucial but, like most others it seems, Cowie could have done with a bit more of a challenge from Wilson or Sutherland. If he was staying, I'd allow him to play himself back in but I sincerely doubt he'll be here for long. Investing his transfer fee would be more beneficial.

Hello I'm french and i am a big fan of your team, invernesss ct. I don't understand really all that it was said but i would like that Caley stay in scottish premier league. Thanks and good luck, if somebody want to speak with me there are no problem, and sorry for my handwritings

Cowie is going nowhere in January. He won't be going to Motherwell either. Agent Cowie will leave Caley for nothing in the summer after he has relegated you and cemented his place in the Ross County legends hall of fame.

What? Two Highland teams relegated in the same season?

Edited by Alex MacLeod