FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Yer Favourite Dinner...

Yompa

Ma ma was a creature of habit... Tuesday was always liver and onions... yum yum!

In the winter, Friday was stew day, followed by steam pudding wi' treacle on't top. Top!

An' on Saturday lunchtime, for some strange reason, we always used to get bacon and eggs... (and before Junior comments otherwise, that's B&E with both the bacon and the eggs  :010: :010: :010:)

These days my favourite food is a good curry.  When I was brought up in Inverness there were no Indian restaurants there, so my introduction to the delights of Indian cuisine, was somewhat delayed.  If we are talking about traditional Scottish food, then mince and tatties is still hard to beat.

The best meals ever invented were

[li]cooked breakfast the morning after the night before - has to be the full works though - sausage, bacon, egg, black pudding etc - the greasier the better. If you were still shaky it might not stay down, but if you were just hungover then it was great[/li]
    [li]Home made Scotch Broth with chunks of tatties in it - tasted best on 1st January after stumbling home from first footing all night[/li]

The best meals ever invented were

• [li]cooked breakfast the morning after the night before - has to be the full works though - sausage, bacon, egg, black pudding etc - the greasier the better. If you were still shaky it might not stay down, but if you were just hungover then it was great[/li]

You know the script :clapping04: :notworthy01:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest tamrik

:004:Thought i would bring a little class to the table. Has to be Grilled Salmon steaks a little cajun seasoning with roasters and cauliflour, broccoli with a cheese sauce :003:

Canapes

Consomme of autumn vegetables with a hint of Pollo

Ground beef in an onion and carrot jus served on a bed of creamed potato

A light Souffle coated with raspberry preserve and served with an egg sauce

or

Bread

Chicken Soup

Mince and Tatties

Jam Sponge and Custard.

• 2 weeks later...