FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Radio Scotland have just announced

Johnboy

I think it shows a certain degree of profesionalism and sense from Robbo that he has applied for it, rather than waiting for the club to come to him.

He has clearly shown his passion for the club via his BBC report, shows a willingness and sence of loyalty to communicate and acknowledge the fans, and has the passion and commitment to take us out of this mess.

I would love to see Robbo with CC as assistant and BW in a coaching role. ALL 3 have ICT at heart and will know what the club, players and fans want to see - and thats decent performances, getting results and making Inverness a place to be fearer for any team coming up the A9/A96

My Avatar says it all....

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm just not sure about Robbo. I don't like the idea of going back to a previous manager again and his record with us in the SPL first time around wasn't great - although it was only over a short period. Ironically, though, if we went down, I think he'd be the right choice to manage us in the SFL - he has the motivational ability and the knowledge of Scottish football from top to bottom to make a real go of getting us back up. If he was to be appointed, I hope the board and the fans would stick by him if we didn't survive.

Don't know if that makes sense the way I've tried to explain it but it makes sense in my head.

Edited by alternative maryhill

I'm just not sure about Robbo. I don't like the idea of going back to a previous manager again and his record with us in the SPL first time around - although it was only over a short period. Ironically, though, if we went down, I think he'd be the right choice to manage us in the SFL - he has the motivational ability and the knowledge of Scottish football from top to bottom to make a real go of getting us back up. If he was to be appointed, I hope the board and the fans would stick by him if we didn't survive.

Don't know if that makes sense the way I've tried to explain it but it makes sense in my head.

I think it does make sense, whoever takes over now has a difficult, although not impossible job. Things have been to late to change but we have to remember that whoever comes in is going to have to work with Brews recent signings etc, although they might turn out to be fine.

I'm just not sure about Robbo. I don't like the idea of going back to a previous manager again and his record with us in the SPL first time around - although it was only over a short period. Ironically, though, if we went down, I think he'd be the right choice to manage us in the SFL - he has the motivational ability and the knowledge of Scottish football from top to bottom to make a real go of getting us back up. If he was to be appointed, I hope the board and the fans would stick by him if we didn't survive.

I kind of know what you mean - I mentioned his record earlier ..... However, I believe that in contrast to Brewster, who started with a decent record in each stint with us and then declined as time went on, Robbo would have done it the other way and improved on his SPL start (which can be somewhat mitigated by several factors). Not that we want to go back there, but his SFL record in season 03/04 was the best full-season record in ICT history eclipsed only by Pele's 02/03 record which covered the 21 games before he headed off to the Dons.

Robbo's record

post-2-1232565032_thumb.png

Brewster's record

post-2-1232565052_thumb.png

basically any manager who wants to come to Inverness will be doing so to move onto a bigger job but i would like to see a bigger name join us such as Terry Butcher or Ossie Ardiles as that would raise our profile and they will be far more likely to bring in big named players.

Whoever the board want to bring in i hope they do it soon because there is only 10 days left of the transfer window and they will need to bring in some of their own players that they want and a striker is urgently needed

I imagine it will be a 4 horse race between Robbo, Butcher, Ordiles and possibly Archie Knox.

At least this time Brewster CAN'T be in the running.

If Ordiles were to get the job i imagine people will be attending games just to see the man.

IMO opinion there is now only one real candidate and that is Mr John Robertson - he could even be on board by the weekend at this rate and ready to take training on Monday....

Previously I was liking the idea of Knox but as Scotty stated is he really a candidate or just a name been banded around as he doesn't have a club....

Perfect set up now - Black scores - Robertson returns - all against the Jambos.... :rotflmao:

Looking forward to the official announcement now....

IMO opinion there is now only one real candidate and that is Mr John Robertson - he could even be on board by the weekend at this rate and ready to take training on Monday....

Previously I was liking the idea of Knox but as Scotty stated is he really a candidate or just a name been banded around as he doesn't have a club....

Perfect set up now - Black scores - Robertson returns - all against the Jambos.... :rotflmao:

Wish I was as sure as you, I still dont think its going to happen

Ossie Ardiles and John Robertson have applied and i feel getting Ardiles in would make Caley play with more flair and he will train more on improving their technique. Overall i see us playing better football with Ossie. john Robertson was fantastic with us in the 1st division but when he got his chance in the SPL he did poor with hearts so im not sure he is the right man for our position

You may be right but Ardiles and Butcher were both great players but neither have been very successful managers - this time I think John Robertson would be around for a lot longer than the first time if given the opportunity and would turn ICT back into a club again that people would want to go and see and feel proud to support....

The ground swell I believe is with him so it will be an interesting choice if the board go else where....and the explanatin should be interesting if they bother to give one....

You may be right but Ardiles and Butcher were both great players but neither have been very successful managers - this time I think John Robertson would be around for a lot longer than the first time if given the opportunity and would turn ICT back into a club again that people would want to go and see and feel proud to support....

The ground swell I believe is with him so it will be an interesting choice if the board go else where....and the explanatin should be interesting if they bother to give one....

Wouldnt be holding my breath on that one :thumb04:

Ossie Ardiles and John Robertson have applied and i feel getting Ardiles in would make Caley play with more flair and he will train more on improving their technique. Overall i see us playing better football with Ossie. john Robertson was fantastic with us in the 1st division but when he got his chance in the SPL he did poor with hearts so im not sure he is the right man for our position

But was it him or Romanov that made the decisions and picked the team :rotflmao:

But was it him or Romanov that made the decisions and picked the team :rotflmao:

Sorry my bad Robertson reseigned after Romanov took over hearts

Guest natasha

Robbo was a great motivator but donald p was the football man. Robbo's downfall maybe that he had a tendency to upset people because of his self belief (ego)

I will be moving the Ossie Ardiles posts to the Ossie Ardiles thread ..... this thread started off discussing John Robertson's application and has drifted somewhat.

To be fair Robbo's record before wasn't that bad considering we were the new boys in SPL and came into a totally different style of football to what we'd been used to. Yep we lost 5 on the bounce but against Celtic and Hibs at home and away to DU Rangers and Aberdeen. We then started to do very well and had climbed to 9th when he left.

The first games of that first season were very much a learning curve and if you speak to some of the players who were here they'll tell you they were shocked by the difference in leagues.

Robbo was doing well enough at hearts till Romanov came. Robbo wqasn't going to be a puppet manager for anyone.

I like alternatives choice of Robbo and Christie with Barry coaching.

I get the distinct impression that the vast majority would prefer to see Robbo back again....

Strange that Butcher overtook him 31% to 29% in Renegade's unscientific poll.

Even if Robbo was to be sitting in the stand at Tynecastle on Saturday, waiting to take up his new appointment, I would put money on us getting at least 1 point out of this one.

Forget all the fantasy applications like Ardiles, or the big names like Butcher (who's been ***** at every club). I hope the board have the balls to put their personal issues aside, and put our club first.

There's one man who the majority of fans want, and that's Robbo. If that's with Bazza, then brilliant, but lets not get personal issues get in the way of what's best for OUR club.

Get him in now, if we go down so be it, but if we don't....... :rotflmao:

Although I don't think it's a good idea to go backwards, It won't be me starting the Robbo... NOOOOOOO thread :thumb04:

Not to go off topic but the list of candidates seems of a much quality this time round, might be easier for the Board to knock back Robbo if they get a "big" name involved. :rotflmao:

please not robbo, he will put us down. i'm surprised everyone is dismissing ardiles, a man who has won the world cup and saved other teams from relegation before. take into account PR and attendances, i can't see a fault. even the man himself has come out and mentioned us as a "wonderful opportunity".

time tos how ambition, and robbo aint that.